Landed terrace btw Cashew and Lentor

Lms822

He also want good environment what.

Lentor has 9 playgrounds/Parks. Never understood why there is so many but makes the surroundings less built up, nice to jog.

Used to have some very nice old trees and the government chopped all of them down after the death of someone due to falling tree a few years back. So sad.

↡ Advertisement

My TOP floor is not really hot... did u have a roof Top terrace? I thought there is lots of insulation and air space in the roof itself.

+1 not all top floors are hot.. a high arc design helps unless the owner redid the place and has a flat metal roof with no insulation.

Twincharged

My TOP floor is not really hot... did u have a roof Top terrace? I thought there is lots of insulation and air space in the roof itself.

Still hotter than the floor below.

Still hotter than the floor below.

This is precisely what I mean. So i leave my top floor empty currently and use only three floor and below. Top floor only for chill out at night when my friends drop by. Day time still not a big issue if I want to use it as I have a dedicated compressor to drive the entire floor.

Haha. True about the top floor being hot. Why not put those metal vanes to vent the heat from the roof.

Not so hot to that extent but I mean it is warmer than the floor below.

Actually by installing solar panels may help, reduce heat and yet regenerate energy.

Edited by Ct3833

Twincharged

Not so hot to that extent but I mean it is warmer than the floor below.

Ya. Same when I was living at my parents. Always wanted to install the industrial ventilators but never got round to it.
  • Praise 2

Some houses get free hot water.. somehow the water is always warm.. no need to use the heater.. is it because the pipes get heated by the sun?

+1 not all top floors are hot.. a high arc design helps unless the owner redid the place and has a flat metal roof with no insulation.

For existing house with this problem, the cheapest solution is to install exhaust/extractor fans either in the ceiling (if pitched roof) or wall (as high as possible) if you don't want to tear up the roof.  Should be only a few hundred to install.  Just put them to run on timer, will only be a few dollars of electricity a month but the effect is very good.

Edited by Volvobrick

Being monitored is a scary thing..

Prop guru ads have been popping up .. and it’s interesting how many 99 year terraces there are, and it’s amazing that they are asking 2mil or more in rather ulu locations..

Turbocharged

For existing house with this problem, the cheapest solution is to install exhaust/extractor fans either in the ceiling (if pitched roof) or wall (as high as possible) if you don't want to tear up the roof. Should be only a few hundred to install. Just put them to run on timer, will only be a few dollars of electricity a month but the effect is very good.

Some roof has a small chimney like thing to let the hot air out, not mechanical though but should be good enough as hot air rises.

For me, the hot room is the one with direct afternoon sun, not the highest.

Twincharged

Some houses get free hot water.. somehow the water is always warm.. no need to use the heater.. is it because the pipes get heated by the sun?

Yup. Depends on how the pipes have been run. More in the old old 1960-1980 which were never rebuilt. Part of the pipes were exposed or close to the surface on the ground floor.

The older designs had the toilets at the back of the building and water and sewage pipes were exposed on the back wall.

Hi all

What’s the the plan for the current PSA area along west coast highway? Another marine bay project?

Ya. Same when I was living at my parents. Always wanted to install the industrial ventilators but never got round to it.

Industrial ventilators might be unsightly and noisy for house. And yes, think of the mess of doing alteration/reno will feel tiring once settled in.

Hi all

Whatâs the the plan for the current PSA area along west coast highway? Another marine bay project?

Google for Greater Southern Waterfront

Remember bro .. you are the one paying millions so make your agent work for you and do your homework

Cheers

Turbocharged

Hi all

What’s the the plan for the current PSA area along west coast highway? Another marine bay project?

Looking at the recent articles from the official media, I guess it is a floating city...

Google for Greater Southern Waterfront

Remember bro .. you are the one paying millions so make your agent work for you and do your homework

Cheers

↡ Advertisement