Landed terrace btw Cashew and Lentor

Lms822

Twincharged

Industrial ventilators might be unsightly and noisy for house. And yes, think of the mess of doing alteration/reno will feel tiring once settled in.

Unsightly yes. But noisy no. It’s propelled by the hot air currents. Totally passive unit. Can be place toward the back of the house where it is not so visible. Have seen a few houses with this installed.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60572076990/Skyaxis-Wind-Driven-Roof-Ventilator-900mm.html

Talking about roofs. Many con job roofing contractors out there. All want to exaggerate the problem in order to charge more.

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Is it true all landed houses do not have piped gas supply from City Gas, owner must use cylinder tank gas from Union Gas?

This should be a non-issue, with Induction cooking picking up. Some hesitancy due to the myths of not being able to do heavy cooking, etc.

Once you go the Induction route, you will not look back.

Got lots of selfish people around. For Some the porch is the play area for the grandkids. No cars in the house. All the 3-4 cars all parked outside even though the house can take 3 cars.

Not really true about the pool. Maintenance cost is not cheap. And if it’s not long enough, it’s a fish pond.

Yah, I saw some of the neighbours use the rubbish dumps to "chope" for years. Does not affects me as I have more than enough parking space for my car and 3 motor bikes.

For pool maintenance, it costs about $200 per month if you get a contractor.

For me I DIY and train my helper to do some part of it. Get a robotic vacuum for about 1.3k. Weekly adding chlorine and flushing the filter is a must. Clear the leafs once a while and thats all. Good exercise too. For chorine, please make sure you only buy Japanese brand. Those other brand I bought from Lazada are really useless.

Actually, i am not really a keen swimmer. Just like to dip into water on a hot day plus a few cans of beer etc. Beside the pool give u a lot of relaxation especially at night when you turn on the pool light.

I give my helper $50 per month extra and I save $150. Not a bad deal.

Industrial ventilators might be unsightly and noisy for house. And yes, think of the mess of doing alteration/reno will feel tiring once settled in.

No noise at all. In all my projects, i always have it whenever possible. 

I always put ventilation and air circulation as the top priority.

Edited by grandis123
  • Praise 6

My uncle added a lap pool at the side of his semiD, used maybe for a year and then it’s now a water feature for the last 15years. 5kids in the family, but hardly used.

In my old place, the side of the house is part tiles and part garden.. The grass did not grow well despite all the efforts put in.. In then end just plant some hardly plants. While those part that are tiles, it because very hot during the day as heat rises. And the tiled area becomes a place where it is used to store a lot of things. Become very unsightly. So decide to build a pool this time, hoping it will cool down the place. 

Yes, i got a lot of children too.. but only me and my youngest use it. 

This should be a non-issue, with Induction cooking picking up. Some hesitancy due to the myths of not being able to do heavy cooking, etc.

Once you go the Induction route, you will not look back.

yes agreed. My wife used to think like that too. We have a wet kitchen and uses tank gas. Wet kitchen is located at the back yard and the wind is so strong that it takes longer time to cook and waste a lot of $ as tank dries up quickly. I then introduced induction hob to my wife and we never look back. Beside it does not seem to take up a lot of electricity.

We have been using it for the last 10+years and  induction hob looks quite nice.

Twincharged

In my old place, the side of the house is part tiles and part garden.. The grass did not grow well despite all the efforts put in.. In then end just plant some hardly plants. While those part that are tiles, it because very hot during the day as heat rises. And the tiled area becomes a place where it is used to store a lot of things. Become very unsightly. So decide to build a pool this time, hoping it will cool down the place.

Yes, i got a lot of children too.. but only me and my youngest use it.

Yes it will cool down. But note that if it’s too much in the shade you need to clean the side often as it is now more moist and algae will grow.

Could I suggest you try out swimming in a small pool. Feeling it very different. This is one reason why uncle kids don’t use it. For me a pool needs to be closer to 20m long. Else too short to have a proper swim.

Yes it will cool down. But note that if it’s too much in the shade you need to clean the side often as it is now more moist and algae will grow.

Could I suggest you try out swimming in a small pool. Feeling it very different. This is one reason why uncle kids don’t use it. For me a pool needs to be closer to 20m long. Else too short to have a proper swim.

Mine short short nia.. About 12m  [blush]  Chlorine will do the job to get rid of Algae, but monthly minor scrub is still a must. 

I asked my wife once what would she has done if we were to redo the house, she said get rid of the pool.  [laugh] I listen until i laugh.. 

Mine short short nia.. About 12m  [blush]  Chlorine will do the job to get rid of Algae, but monthly minor scrub is still a must. 

I asked my wife once what would she has done if we were to redo the house, she said get rid of the pool.  [laugh] I listen until i laugh.. 

convert it into koi and water feature pond

• Praise 1

Unsightly yes. But noisy no. Itâs propelled by the hot air currents. Totally passive unit. Can be place toward the back of the house where it is not so visible. Have seen a few houses with this installed.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60572076990/Skyaxis-Wind-Driven-Roof-Ventilator-900mm.html

Talking about roofs. Many con job roofing contractors out there. All want to exaggerate the problem in order to charge more.

Curious. Can it get clogged up with leaf or debris? Or leak water in.

Turbocharged

Yah, I saw some of the neighbours use the rubbish dumps to "chope" for years. Does not affects me as I have more than enough parking space for my car and 3 motor bikes.

My rubbish bin chope for 10 years already. Both me and my next door neighbour chope that spot with our rubbish dump. We both have 1 car which we park inside.

So we don’t want people to park there as our opposite neighbour Parks outside as he has 2 cars. If people park on our side, become double park and is very hard to turn out.

My cousin wanted to create a basement where its a DIY workshop and mini entertainment space. Wanted a solid marble or grass type of sliding panel to reveal staircase down. Cos they reckon a swimming pool will will become a white elephant before long as the kids are grown but its a nice to look and have

• Praise 2

(edited)

Kind of scraping the idea of buying Cashew area for now as the price psf is relatively more expensive by 2-30% compared to Lentor and Pasir Pajang.

Lentor and Pasir Pajang are about the same price psf, unbelievable consider Pasir Pajang is so near to Central/CBD

Edited by Lms822

PP is a bit of a blind spot.

Unless you commute to AMK area then it’s quite a long way off.

But choose well. Get your agent to shortlist.

So have you found the plans for the area by URA?

Turbocharged

Kind of scraping the idea of buying Cashew area for now as the price psf is relatively more expensive by 2-30% compared to Lentor and Pasir Pajang.

Lentor and Pasir Pajang are about the same price psf, unbelievable consider Pasir Pajang is so near to Central/CBD

I think Pasir Panjang has higher upside.

I think previously it’s price is Low because honestly that place is not nice to live. Near port with all the pollution, Pasir Panjang mrt is pretty useless as it stops at Vivo.... so many changes needed to get somewhere.

But all these might change in 10 years....

Actually, the Pasir Panjang move is a bit more tricky.... 2040 and dependent on how Tuas turn out. Malaysia can always cause us problems. I suspect government might want to keep Pasir Panjang as a backup.

Edited by Wind30

PP is tricky.

Too near main road and it’s noisy and potentially dusty.

Too far from the trains, or narrow lanes can spoil your stay.

So be smart and look around. Use your own checklist and see what suits you.

The area near Thomson plaza is nice too and so is the Windsor park area.

Jalan Peminpin is another good area. But price ...