Auto gate problem

Cysnotts

Neutral Newbie

After few days heavy rain, my sliding auto gate has problem open and close. It require around 4 to 5 continous press to open the gate. And to close it, you have to press 4 to 5 times as well. I open the motor box and check all connection, they are ok. Can someone help to point out any potential issue?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
28 minutes ago, Cysnotts said:

After few days heavy rain, my sliding auto gate has problem open and close. It require around 4 to 5 continous press to open the gate. And to close it, you have to press 4 to 5 times as well. I open the motor box and check all connection, they are ok. Can someone help to point out any potential issue?

Open the box , smell for burn, or look for burn mark, i had the same intermittent  problem  and eventially the gate stopped completley when the electronic was blown.  Replaced pcb and cost me a few hundred bucks. If you buy from shopee, it is about $100 but you have to get the right board and replace it yourself. 

There was another occasion it stopped suddenly that was caused by a  blown fuse on the board, I replaced the $0.50  fuse to get it working again . If you have wired button, try it to see if it is your remote problem.

Shopee.my has a lot of such pcb because every other house in MY is landed 😄😄 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3

Neutral Newbie
21 minutes ago, AndrewLee72 said:

Are you using small remote control to open? If yes, try the spare remote controller - see how first.

I try using spare remote controller and it is the same. Need to press 5times and it open. It to press 5times to close. And i have tried several times and it require exactly 5 times press. Very strange! 

I try to press the button in house and the same happen. Need to press 5 times to open or close.

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie

And one thing i noticed is the two auto detect sensor (to detect human so thay the gate will auto open) located at each side of the gate, one of them the cover is broken and thus water get in. Does it affect the gate open and close? 

• Haha! 1

(edited)

I have a similar problem before. All my remotes suddenly can only work within around 3m or less and sometimes need to press and hold the button longer before the signal seems to be captured. Replaced the the reception unit and problem solved.

Before calling the technician, u can try to shut off the power and restart to see if the problem is still there.

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Open the box , smell for burn, or look for burn mark, i had the same intermittent  problem  and eventially the gate stopped completley when the electronic was blown.  Replaced pcb and cost me a few hundred bucks. If you buy from shopee, it is about $100 but you have to get the right board and replace it yourself. 

There was another occasion it stopped suddenly that was caused by a  blown fuse on the board, I replaced the $0.50  fuse to get it working again . If you have wired button, try it to see if it is your remote problem.

Shopee.my has a lot of such pcb because every other house in MY is landed 😄😄 

Shopee.my can ship back to SG?

Address must put taman sentosa? 😅

• Haha! 1

(edited)
23 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Shopee.my can ship back to SG?

Address must put taman sentosa? 😅

I dont know but at one stage I was looking around and was thinking  to buy a spare to keep at home. But I figure this thing hardly breakdown, so I didnt do it. 

I think  can go hunt for it in JB, it should  be common there. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

52 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Lich people problem. I am so free from it. :psychotic:

Wait.... Me house don't even have a gate. 

Hide contents

:secret-laugh:

Wah lich sentosa cove bungalow owner spotted. No gate one.... 

• Haha! 6

First check ur remote battery. 
then check ur sensor near ur gate. Normally when you walk past or have something obstructing , it will not open.

Replace pcb board as last resort. All the boxes should be IP65-66. Under our weather its better to replace the rubber seals enclosing the pcb board and the sensors. 

there are many electrical companies doing such services for S$350 average including replacement pcb board. They will rewire the connections as well. Better to use them. My last servicing was from a company found on carousel 2 yrs back. 

• Praise 2

TS problem is quite unique that he has to press 5 times before he could activate the gate , and this happened on  both remotes consistently. Maybe he should  just power off the gate motor and on it back again. A reboot may help. 

Seems like too much rain recent days causing moisture / water ingress. My car driver's side window now is inoperable also. LOL...

• Shocked 2
  • Haha! 1

it's normal especially raining for days. condensation takes place very easily everywhere on the hardware and electronics.

open up everywhere that is safe to be opened to dry it with dryer or wait for a strong sun to evaporate the moisture.

Pressing 5times seemed to work and can try pressing and hold it as the conduction does not take place. Fuse may blow off

at certain time is due to water/rain conduction and not supposed to conduct. Better to suspense using it during rainy days.

My house next to Plaza Singapura also no auto gate 1 🤣

I dunno if I am Indian or Malay hor ;  so I stay in Mountbatten :yeah-im-not-drunk: 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

22 hours ago, Cysnotts said:

And one thing i noticed is the two auto detect sensor (to detect human so thay the gate will auto open) located at each side of the gate, one of them the cover is broken and thus water get in. Does it affect the gate open and close? 

As yours is compliant and I suspect it swing inwards. Some of the owners swing the gate outwards so there is no sensor.

Is your pneumatic / hydralic or motorise ? If motorise the motor magnetic rotor may have clonk. Else there maybe submerse with water  

Other then that depending on your type of remote, can you look up in the sky to see if there are military airplane or near air base ? Sometimes when there is an exercise, the gate remote is jammed unless you go very near to trigger it.

↡ Advertisement