'End of Singapore' for expats

Mockngbrd

A few years ago when they were deciding whether to proceed with CECA, did they ask us to kee chiu?

Were you consulted back then?

↡ Advertisement

5 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

A few years ago when they were deciding whether to proceed with CECA, did they ask us to kee chiu?

Were you consulted back then?

They were given the mandate every 5 yrs.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Maybe we should do a kee chiu  , how many of us here who are working in a MNC, whereby your local boss is not an AMDK along the upline? or your peers have less than 30% CECA ? 😀😀

We are not talking about cutting down to 0, but a more balanced mix, yet the amdk are already kpkb, why  the impact is felt so badly? Because SGP has been a free flow market  to them. 

me. boss is singaporean. Less than 30% indians for my team and proabably my boss team.

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

so expats can go back to their own country.

who is going to miss them ?

not me certainly. and many people I guess.

I will be out of job if no expats... 

I am not sure what jobs you guys have... I think most of the jobs in Singapore needs expats???

2 hours ago, Albeniz said:

When I read those postings by Calvin Cheng, they sound like paid advertisements.

*****Cheng***** doesn't work for free. When pap wins big, he becomes $$$$$Cheng$$$$$.

21 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

Repatriation flghts are ON    

They are still coming btw, in our direction, in several flights per week... hahaha.

Edited by Weez911

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Maybe we should do a kee chiu  , how many of us here who are working in a MNC, whereby your local boss is not an AMDK along the upline? or your peers have less than 30% CECA ? 😀😀

We are not talking about cutting down to 0, but a more balanced mix, yet the amdk are already kpkb, why  the impact is felt so badly? Because SGP has been a free flow market  to them. 

I recall before i was retrenched about 5 yrs ago.

My boss was angmoh, my boss’s boss was angmoh. Both angmohs based in singapore for more than 10yrs already.

but they are pretty respectful to locals to be fair.

• Praise 2

I find it a bit exaggerated.

Are we disrespecting of these fairly high SES expats? Are they treated worse than the Bangladeshi workers? Are they shown less respect than the coffeeshop cleaner or toilet cleaner here in SG?
JSS is from the govt coffers that is based on the toil of 2-3 generations of Singaporean workers. Obviously the incentive should be to protect Singaporean jobs.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 9

46 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I am not sure what jobs you guys have... I think most of the jobs in Singapore needs expats???

Yes especially at the start up/transfer of technology/knowledge stage.. and this shld be gradually trim to allow Singaporean to learn the robe and climb up the leader. 

They can remain in the Top especially for MNC but they need to increase the percentage of SG holding junior to mid management 

Edited by Ody_2004
  • Praise 1

59 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Nope. In marine /  construction no expat.

Infact we are the one that gave them job on contract basis; Surveyor/divers/marine electrician etc.

Their charges are the same as local or malaysian.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 2

5 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

154th Media trying hard to boost up the sob stories on expat and FT, hidden motive is to prop up CECA.

But distract everyone by talking about Taiwanese XMM and poor AM's wife etc etc.

Honestly I am so unimpressed with 154th journalistic capabilities that I am not sure if "Amelia", "Ms Tang" are real-life characters.

Everytime I see your username I have to remind myself that you're a different person from someone else with a rather similar username but...er...different opinions. 😂😂😂

I also have to remind myself that I have no reason to be confused since I put that one on ignore already liao. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 2

49 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

I recall before i was retrenched about 5 yrs ago.

My boss was angmoh, my boss’s boss was angmoh. Both angmohs based in singapore for more than 10yrs already.

but they are pretty respectful to locals to be fair.

You got boss meh? I thought you were... Big-Boss-with-Bruce-Lee1.jpg.b5484e131581140484321c46c221fcf0.jpg

😂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

Time to change job, bro. 

32 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

You got boss meh? I thought you were... Big-Boss-with-Bruce-Lee1.jpg.b5484e131581140484321c46c221fcf0.jpg

😂

Everyone has a Boss,  you know kinda like Animal Chess....

Elephant takes the Lion but gets taken by the Mouse who gets taken by the cat etc...

But whether my Boss truly had a hold on me, thats a different story.

give face give face lah..... 

Edited by Throttle2
  • Haha! 3

57 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Everytime I see your username I have to remind myself that you're a different person from someone else with a rather similar username but...er...different opinions. 😂😂😂

I also have to remind myself that I have no reason to be confused since I put that one on ignore already liao. 🤣🤣🤣

Is that person confused like say a Honda Corolla? 🤣🤣

• Haha! 3

1 minute ago, yishunite said:

Is that person confused like say a Honda Corolla? 🤣🤣

Yes a very gabra person. No make no model, like no head, no tail. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2