Steven Lim wanna buy used Ferrari or used car with $78K in his bank

StreetFight3r

Screenshot-2020-10-29-at-6_30.34-PM.thumb.png.2f91de7f1cdd51f20986b4ff1c0f7e15.png

Steven Lim should come mcf more often... 

he earned his own money so not goin comment on that but with 78k, steven lim will be better off with a cheap japanese car

do a quick random search for ferrari on sgcm, 78k puts most ferrari out of his reach. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing.php?MOD=ferrari&PRC=0&DEP=0&RGD=0&VEH=0&AVL=2

Lim is considering two ways to spend the cash:

1. Buying a car

Lim, however, is not sure if he should make a downpayment with the sum for a pre-owned Ferrari and take up a loan for the balance, or buy a second-hand car for S$18,000.

The personality also referenced influencer Naomi Neo's purchase of a Lamborghini, both in the current post and an earlier post.

"Recently, I see a very successful young 20 plus years old Chio Bu Youtuber bought herself a Lamborghini Huracan. I grasped my hands like an angel and was very envious and very proud of her! Her Lambo is so nice lor! N it is very cool purple! I immediately told myself, when I grow up I definitely wanna be like her!"

Lim has set his sights on a Ferrari instead of Lamborghini as he wants to avoid copying Neo.

https://mothership.sg/2020/10/steven-lim-want-buy-ferrari/

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

He has certainly left out the maintenance cost.

A lot of first time car buyers are like that. Just look solely at the price tag. 

• Praise 2

I don't think his intention is really to buy a Ferrari - I think his underlying intention is to just to subtly highlight his 'achievement' of 'high earnings' and/or 'wealth' in his bank account. 

I hope for his sake that he is equally forthcoming when he submits his Income Tax Form or else there may be some parties who'd be quite keen to scrutinise his earnings.

Edited by Ronkovic
Typo

He not borrowing money from me

he want to buy what he buy lor.

I couldn't care less.

TS  follows him and is so easily influenced by SL?

:grin:

• Haha! 2

$78k can buy a used Ferrari? He means downpayment for a 30 year old used Ferrari? Maybe still possoble? But $78k is all his money in his bank liao, and he plans to spend all of them?

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Thought he was buff so many years ago. Now all shrink down liao, though he's still lean.

Yah, thought he looks quite bluff/fat last time, how come now become so lean?

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

Screenshot-2020-10-29-at-6_30.34-PM.thumb.png.2f91de7f1cdd51f20986b4ff1c0f7e15.png

Steven Lim should come mcf more often... 

he earned his own money so not goin comment on that but with 78k, steven lim will be better off with a cheap japanese car

do a quick random search for ferrari on sgcm, 78k puts most ferrari out of his reach. 

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing.php?MOD=ferrari&PRC=0&DEP=0&RGD=0&VEH=0&AVL=2

Lim is considering two ways to spend the cash:

1. Buying a car

Lim, however, is not sure if he should make a downpayment with the sum for a pre-owned Ferrari and take up a loan for the balance, or buy a second-hand car for S$18,000.

The personality also referenced influencer Naomi Neo's purchase of a Lamborghini, both in the current post and an earlier post.

"Recently, I see a very successful young 20 plus years old Chio Bu Youtuber bought herself a Lamborghini Huracan. I grasped my hands like an angel and was very envious and very proud of her! Her Lambo is so nice lor! N it is very cool purple! I immediately told myself, when I grow up I definitely wanna be like her!"

Lim has set his sights on a Ferrari instead of Lamborghini as he wants to avoid copying Neo.

https://mothership.sg/2020/10/steven-lim-want-buy-ferrari/

He got ever approach me in orchard road to ask me join his "agency" 🤣

Wasted. if not I can drive FAR-LAA-RII also. hahahahahahah

• Haha! 2

I once found a $70k used 1980 Rolls Royce on sgcarmart and was somewhat tempted. 

Then it hit me that I would either be mistaken for the chauffeur when I was driving it around, or the mechanic if it breaks down along AYE one day... 😝

• Haha! 4

22 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

He got ever approach me in orchard road to ask me join his "agency" 🤣

Wasted. if not I can drive FAR-LAA-RII also. hahahahahahah

His agency do what de? [confused]  No la, if you join his agency, your bank account now have $78k liao. Lol. Or maybe your bank account already have much much more than $78k even you no need to join his agency?! Lol.

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, fungyee77 said:

I once found a $70k used 1980 Rolls Royce on sgcarmart and was somewhat tempted. 

Then it hit me that I would either be mistaken for the chauffeur when I was driving it around, or the mechanic if it breaks down along AYE one day... 😝

Rolls Royce? Buy easy but maintain not easy le?! Also Rolls Royce think many carpark cannot go in de cause car too big liao?! Lol.

• Haha! 1

I am slightly older than Steven Lim and I also want to be an uncle influencer with a flashy car.

I have worked it all out.  With $78k (and may be a small top-up), I would buy a 10 year old COE-renewed Lotus Elise and then given it a good coat of shiny purple paint (just like that Lambo!)

The whole car will look brand new.

All my aunty fans will never be able to tell the differences between a Ferrari, Lambo and Lotus Elise anyway.

But $78k is a small change, I will  be so embarrassed to even show it on my site.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 2

$78k?  Maybe get a 10 year old COE-renewed Mercedes Benz E250.  1.8 Liters.  

That would be more practical.  Road tax and insurance would only be a small fraction of Ferrrari's

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1