Car scratched by vandal

ortho

There are 101 reasons why people scratch your cars. You really need not drive like a b**tard in order to be scratched judging from the 5 cases of culprits I have caught and interviewed personally. 

1) Rich China turned SPR driving a cayenne and parked next near to me everytime ( scratched me because I suddenly decided to park in his lot consistently for 1-2 weeks and prior to that, I began to park at his blk in our private residence when mine is full.

2) Pilot. Admitted that he disliked my style of driving along the main road because I switched to his lane without signaling in advance ( last minute signal )

3) Secondary School teacher. Admitted he disliked my mods and tinted windows and rims

#4 and #5 are professionals. None caught so far belongs to the Sam Seng category.

How I catch them? I have 6 cameras pointing out from all directions from my car and my investments in Cameras and batteries amounted to about $5000. Different pple have different passion. Some can spend $5k on hair or rolex. So pls do not criticise me for my investments

None of them went to jail though but all of them cant sleep well for many years because I can post their pictures anytime 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9
  • Shocked 3
  • Haha! 1

6 hours ago, JaguarXF said:

There are 101 reasons why people scratch your cars. You really need not drive like a b**tard in order to be scratched judging from the 5 cases of culprits I have caught and interviewed personally. 

1) Rich China turned SPR driving a cayenne and parked next near to me everytime ( scratched me because I suddenly decided to park in his lot consistently for 1-2 weeks and prior to that, I began to park at his blk in our private residence when mine is full.

2) Pilot. Admitted that he disliked my style of driving along the main road because I switched to his lane without signaling in advance ( last minute signal )

3) Secondary School teacher. Admitted he disliked my mods and tinted windows and rims

#4 and #5 are professionals. None caught so far belongs to the Sam Seng category.

How I catch them? I have 6 cameras pointing out from all directions from my car and my investments in Cameras and batteries amounted to about $5000. Different pple have different passion. Some can spend $5k on hair or rolex. So pls do not criticise me for my investments

None of them went to jail though but all of them cant sleep well for many years because I can post their pictures anytime 

I agree with this... other common reasons include:

- Parking like a d*ck, i.e., off-centre, wheels on the lines causing the adjacent vehicle to have difficulties opening their doors
- Driving like a maniac at the carpark, e.g. going at speeds of 40-50km/hr in a MSCP, or driving *down* an UP ramp, or driving *up* a DOWN ramp (yes, true story)
- Not giving way to pedestrians at the carpark, or driving unnecessarily danger-close to pedestrians
- Behaving like a "parking vulture" at the carpark just so you can have the "prime lot" closest to the elevator (yes, another true story)

Edited by Comage
  • Praise 2

There r some drivers who really asked for it.

I always parked my car at the extreme corner to avoid dings from door opening, and I always kana drivers parked on the lines n some into my lot. These ppl really deserve to be scratched

• Praise 2

49 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

I always parked my car at the extreme corner to avoid dings from door opening, and I always kana drivers parked on the lines n some into my lot. These ppl really deserve to be scratched

Parking is always a "proportion" thing for some idiot drivers - if the car adjacent is parked slanted, they will park slanted as well.

Who gives a shit about parking straight anymore?

Sometimes, because I drive a COE car, and I have my own means/skillset/know-how to "touch-up" dings and scratches back to near-showroom condition - I tend to try to challenge these idiots by parking straight when they are slanted, and choking off their door access... 🙂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Just now, Comage said:

Parking is always a "proportion" thing for some idiot drivers - if the car adjacent is parked slanted, they will park slanted as well.

Who gives a shit about parking straight anymore?

Sometimes, because I drive a COE car, and I have my own means/skillset/know-how to "touch-up" dings and scratches back to near-showroom condition - I tend to try to challenge these idiots by parking straight when they are slanted, and choking off their door access... 🙂

Sometimes if I can find a stone, I will put it at the back of the parking lot line. Those who want to or "accidentally" park on the line, will feel it the stone. Hopefully they will park properly after that

• Shocked 1

Internal Moderator
On 1/23/2021 at 11:09 PM, Dannnn said:

Best is make fren with your carpark neighbours. or rather, park infront of those car that got 24/7 cam, they will definitely captured what happened.

Hire the car wash ah neh as your lookout also. hahaha. 👀

• Haha! 1

On 24/01/2021 at 9:30 PM, Kia7200 said:

Sometimes if I can find a stone, I will put it at the back of the parking lot line. Those who want to or "accidentally" park on the line, will feel it the stone. Hopefully they will park properly after that

Spikes would be more effective.... 

aiya see open abit.

last time i also buay lun spend close to 1k+k spray my whole car . take about 1 week.

the shiokness last less then 1 mth. soon all the same shit come again, knock here and there scatches, chip off. ...

there are some ppl that just cannot stand your car look better then theirs.

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Beregond said:

aiya see open abit.

last time i also buay lun spend close to 1k+k spray my whole car . take about 1 week.

the shiokness last less then 1 mth. soon all the same shit come again, knock here and there scatches, chip off. ...

there are some ppl that just cannot stand your car look better then theirs.

For chip off and knock, guess most people dont care when they open their car door lo. They open big big and hard, so the impact left on others people car door would be so big.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

For chip off and knock, guess most people dont care when they open their car door lo. They open big big and hard, so the impact left on others people car door would be so big.

they open door hard hard to knock u is not as bad as those purposely go all out to scatch u type.

those type already very very 心里不平衡.

the best thing we can do is take comfort that our cars are scatch and vandalize by such needy ppl. 😅

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Beregond said:

they open door hard hard to knock u is not as bad as those purposely go all out to scatch u type.

those type already very very 心里不平衡.

the best thing we can do is take comfort that our cars are scatch and vandalize by such needy ppl. 😅

Whether it is chip off or scratches, no choice if want to own a car la. Dont lose sleep over it. 😂

• Haha! 1

On 1/24/2021 at 12:06 PM, ortho said:

Ya I was toying with the idea of mounting side cameras but just not sure how to do it such that they can potentially capture the act.. short of having the camera mounted on the outside.

Don't waste time and money. Police not going to do shit even if you have a video of the perp scratching the car.

• Shocked 1

Lol complacency is the root of all problems. I have made sure those idiots who open doors creating dents, chips etc remember it. So if you take lightly of this or think you can get lightly, think twice!!!

• Shocked 1

In my estate I have black listed some idiot parkers.

Got one is I park one corner even away from lift lobby he will come park close close beside me later on to keep warm. Next early morning I have to squeeeeeze myself into driver's seat although whole bloody carpark is empty. The devil has whispered many times into my ears to scratch his car but I look at his door and saw many others have already sinned on my behalf LOL

The other mpv is if I'm stuck behind him going into carpark I'll have to wait for an eternity for him to austin powers style parking in out, in out, in out, dunno how many times even when lots beside are empty. 

As far as reasonable parking allowance for adjacent cars goes, I think even allowing the minimum open door "one click" is good enough for me. But some prehistoric carpark like shaw is really bad even "one click" also not enough to open door.

• Haha! 2

On 1/24/2021 at 8:34 PM, Kia7200 said:

Like this? 😁

Screenshot_20210126-205636.png

Screenshot_20210126-205417.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2