Let's talk about Vaccine Booster Shots

therock

On 9/17/2023 at 11:33 AM, Fcw75 said:

Covid? Simi lai eh…can jiak bo?

But they are still buying in covid vaccine le, if not many people go take the jab, then waste money liao.

• Haha! 1

On 9/21/2023 at 7:34 AM, Blueray said:

askST: Do I still need a Covid-19 booster jab now that the pandemic is over?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/askst-do-i-still-need-a-covid-19-booster-jab-now-that-the-pandemic-is-over

Looks like covid virus still quite strong. The article mentioned that ''In the week of Sept 3, more than 7,000 people here were diagnosed with Covid-19.'' The people who got covid still in 4 figure level. Consider still quite high. Even though now nobody cares and bother on what is the number of people tio covid liao. 😅

Should I get a booster ? My brother just visited me.

Now he tells me his ART is positive. Symptoms are fever, sore throat, runny nose. 😞

In case anyone wants a booster :  https://book.health.gov.sg/covid

Singapore sees jump in COVID-19 infections with recent doubling of cases

SINGAPORE: There has been a significant rise in COVID-19 infections in Singapore, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said on Saturday (Dec 2), urging people to keep up to date with their vaccinations. 

The number of estimated COVID-19 infections doubled to 22,094 in the week of Nov 19 to 25, compared with 10,726 in the previous week.

“The average daily COVID-19 hospitalisations and ICU cases have remained stable,” the ministry added.

MOH said the rise in infections could be due to factors such as the year-end travelling season and waning population immunity. 

EG.5 and its sub-lineage HK.3 remain the predominant subvariants in Singapore, accounting for more than 70 per cent of the cases sequenced.

“Currently, there is no indication that the predominant subvariants are more transmissible or cause more severe disease compared to other circulating variants,” MOH said. 

Edited by Kb27

I was suppose to take the booster on Wednesday, but I tested positive on that day, now I have the latest antibody better than the booster :D

got it from my wife who got it on monday but I continue to sleep beside her, cos the wedding vow told me to 不离不弃!-_-

anyway 80% of her office test positive last week [laugh]

so as when I was worrying for my mom at home and wish to send her to a relative's place.... yes that house also full of positive people <_<

• Haha! 2

On 12/2/2023 at 7:38 PM, Fcw75 said:

Won’t take mRNA anymore. If got Novavax I go take. 

For most people, after the first few jabs which allow the body to build immunity and with Covid everywhere now, just not tested and reported, each of us is probably getting "infected" once every few weeks/ months with many experiencing little to no symptoms.

Why need to get vaccinated again and again if one is not immunocompromised?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 12/2/2023 at 8:22 PM, Voodooman said:

For most people, after the first few jabs which allow the body to build immunity and with Covid everywhere now, just not tested and reported, each of us is probably getting "infected" once every few weeks/ months with many experiencing little to no symptoms.

Why need to get vaccinated again and again if one is not immunocompromised?

Like those flu vaccine I guess. I do get that every year.

• Praise 1

On 12/2/2023 at 7:38 PM, Fcw75 said:

Won’t take mRNA anymore. If got Novavax I go take. 

Now still have Novavax? But taking Novavax would it be too outdated liao since mRNA got new vaccine version?

↡ Advertisement