34% more potholes detected on Singapore roads in first 2 months of 2023

Blueray

Turbocharged

Haha, wait till you drive in Tomyam Land. 

Nevertheless, they will tell you.....We are montoring the situation closely :XD:

• Haha! 3

On 4/10/2023 at 8:46 AM, Watwheels said:

All of Tuas South area is reclaimed land. After the incinerator plant to the shipyard I think. The reclaimed land is huge. The roads there are dusty if it doesnt rain. Over there want to find smth to eat also difficult which makes potholes some kinda luxury items. 

The last food place on the stretch is somewhere around Tuas South Ave 3.

After that, it is either shipyard or petrochemical depot until Lamp Post 1

• Praise 2

On 4/9/2023 at 3:52 PM, Blueray said:

Some residential areas also can be bad, eg Sixth Ave from Holland Road to Bukit Timah Road. Bumpy until g string drop ah. [laugh]

Probably lost elasticity liao. 😅

Might be it was washed wrongly.😁

On 4/9/2023 at 3:52 PM, Blueray said:

Some residential areas also can be bad, eg Sixth Ave from Holland Road to Bukit Timah Road. Bumpy until g string drop ah. [laugh]

If Sixth Ave road also bumpy, then i think no roads in sg is smooth liao.

• Haha! 2

On 4/10/2023 at 1:40 PM, inlinesix said:

The last food place on the stretch is somewhere around Tuas South Ave 3.

After that, it is either shipyard or petrochemical depot until Lamp Post 1

If I am not wrong, there is one somewhere along Tuas south ave 8. 

the one along Tuas South  ave 3 is the one at the traffic light towards tuas viaduct one right? 

BTW, where exactly is lamp post 1 ah? maybe one of these days i swing over on my way out of tuas. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

On 4/10/2023 at 2:49 PM, Tianmo said:

If I am not wrong, there is one somewhere along Tuas south ave 8. 

the one along Tuas South  ave 3 is the one at the traffic light towards tuas viaduct one right? 

BTW, where exactly is lamp post 1 ah? maybe one of these days i swing over on my way out of tuas. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Tuas Lamp Post 1 is at the entrance of Tuas Port.  It is about 10km from viaduct to Lamp Post 1.

https://goo.gl/maps/iGq39E2dYKsxhPd86

My bad.  I didn't realise Tuas South Ave 3 is the entire stretch. 

What I meant is the junction of Tuas South Ave 3 and Tuas South Blvd.

This is the last coffeeshop i saw https://goo.gl/maps/cYNfuTXNvpFd5J6F8 before entering shipyard/petrochemical silo area.

• Praise 1

On 4/10/2023 at 2:59 PM, inlinesix said:

Tuas Lamp Post 1 is at the entrance of Tuas Port.  It is about 10km from viaduct to Lamp Post 1.

https://goo.gl/maps/iGq39E2dYKsxhPd86

My bad.  I didn't realise Tuas South Ave 3 is the entire stretch. 

What I meant is the junction of Tuas South Ave 3 and Tuas South Blvd.

This is the last coffeeshop i saw https://goo.gl/maps/cYNfuTXNvpFd5J6F8 before entering shipyard/petrochemical silo area.

This lamp post 1 seems super ulu and far le. Like the surrounding has nothing. Until now i still dont understand why this lamp post 1 only famous with cyclists? Cause i only hear this lamp post 1 is a must visit attraction by cyclists, no hear people drive there to visit this lamp post 1. 😂

On 4/10/2023 at 3:16 PM, 13177 said:

This lamp post 1 seems super ulu and far le. Like the surrounding has nothing. Until now i still dont understand why this lamp post 1 only famous with cyclists? Cause i only hear this lamp post 1 is a must visit attraction by cyclists, no hear people drive there to visit this lamp post 1. 😂

I drove there recently to see how things have progressed since my last visit there many years back.

1. Tuas Port already in operation

2. The road leading to LP1 has been cleaned up already

Last I was there, that area was very muddy with all the construction vehicles going in and out of the area.

• Praise 1

On 4/10/2023 at 3:16 PM, 13177 said:

Other than Giant crane, wild dogs and worker dorm, there is nothing much in there.

To cyclist, it is a physical challenge to ride to LP1.

The return trip from Junction of Tuas West Road to LP1 is about 34km.

I cycled to LP1 on the previous 2 years' CNY eve.

Total distance less than 100km.  I still need to do 1 or 2 loops to hit 100km around my area.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 3

On 4/10/2023 at 3:30 PM, inlinesix said:

Other than Giant crane, wild dogs and worker dorm, there is nothing much in there.

Total distance less than 100km.  I still need to do 1 or 2 loops to hit 100km around my area.

They should set up some eatery there, so that cyclists can makan and recharge after reaching the lamp post 1, and then continue their journey back. Since the distance to LP1 is so far by cycling.

Junction of Tuas West Road to LP1 is about 34km? Such distance can travel to very far from one area to another area by car liao.

On 4/10/2023 at 3:45 PM, 13177 said:

They should set up some eatery there, so that cyclists can makan and recharge after reaching the lamp post 1, and then continue their journey back. Since the distance to LP1 is so far by cycling.

Junction of Tuas West Road to LP1 is about 34km? Such distance can travel to very far from one area to another area by car liao.

1 way is 17km.  Return trip is 34km.

Only weekend got biz @ LP1.

You can drive there to sell food and drink.

7am to 10am Sunday

• Haha! 5

Turbocharged

this i have to give credit lah

the potholes i see in my usual route (from north to south), usually get fixed within one or two weeks

i'm impressed actually 😁

On 4/10/2023 at 3:45 PM, 13177 said:

Got vending machine at the nearby guard post, mai hiam buay pai liao... And who gonna set up eatery there just for MAMILs? :D 

• Haha! 3

On 4/10/2023 at 3:30 PM, inlinesix said:

Like that MLMLWML..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

PIE engneo section and PIE toward Changi (Clemente ave 6 exit to PIE).  Both section newly paved.  But already see potholes appearing.  The newly paved roads quality seem bad.  LTA not checking at all.  

feedback 2 different potholes on the same day.  One was fixed the next day and LTA staff even call me to tell me already fixed.  
another one reply via OneService exactly 2 week later say will fixed. After one week, I passby and it is still not fixed. Not sure why there are different procedure/speed in patching ? 

• Praise 1

On 4/10/2023 at 9:17 PM, sbs2716g said:

PIE engneo section and PIE toward Changi (Clemente ave 6 exit to PIE).  Both section newly paved.  But already see potholes appearing.  The newly paved roads quality seem bad.  LTA not checking at all.  

feedback 2 different potholes on the same day.  One was fixed the next day and LTA staff even call me to tell me already fixed.  
another one reply via OneService exactly 2 week later say will fixed. After one week, I passby and it is still not fixed. Not sure why there are different procedure/speed in patching ? 

Sometimes it is not patch properly because contractors never check weather.

My fren car was parked underneath a gap.

After the car was picked up, there was a white stripe in the middle of windscreen.

It is a mix of paint and cement.

Apparently, there was work done on wall above the car park.

When work completed, rain comes.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 1