WISHING ALL MEMBERS A HAPPY CHINESE LUNAR NEW YEAR 2024

Maxus-MIFA9

(edited)

I think we have more than enough of CNY wishes, especially those of health and wealth.

As we gradually head back to our routines, I would like to make an appeal to all members here to seek to improve the overall traffic situation in the new year, and beyond. All of use here are road users, be it as pedestrians, drivers, riders, commuters. If all of us can just make small bits of improvement and to be more considerate and gracious to one another on the roads and also in public transport, I am sure that we can make it a better place for all.

I am sure I do not need to recap on the reported deaths on the roads till now, which include from the old to the very young recently. With many of us having received better and higher education than the previous generation, why have we lost of sense of consideration, tolerance and graciousness to others? Can we teach ourselves to be less impatient on the roads and to give way to others and not to get agitated when others force their way? Do we need to be bring ego into the picture every single time we feel challenged? Don't we all make mistakes as human, and why can't we admit, apologize and take responsibility when we do? (Yes, as I've said before many years ago, I'm no saint, but at least I know I have been putting in effort over the years to remind myself and I daresay I am a better road user overall, but always with room for improvement)

Are we ready to face the consequences when we choose not to follow them and cause an accident or worse, injure or kill someone? What use is it to be remorseful after running over someone, when it could have been avoided?

Does everything need to be controlled via laws and regulations? Can our upbringing, morals and values keep us in check?

Yes, it feels like there is a lack of enforcement these days, but could the Police Force be facing manpower shortage and/or a workforce with low morale, just like everywhere else including the private sector?

With the advancement of technologies and abundance of in-car, phone and surveillance cameras, we have seen countless videos of incidents and accidents being posted on social media. Does it mean that they are happening more often now than years ago before the availability of these technologies? Definitely not, right? These videos are more easily captured and much more accessible to us now, but have we learnt anything from them? Have we all taken the opportunity to use them educate our loved ones, especially the young, on how to be better road users? 

I am sure that being the biggest car forum in SG and is home-grown, MyCarforum should be an (stronger) advocate for road courtesy. Can it?

Edited by Ricky_doodle
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

I often practise courtesy driving...give way to peeps...often enuf I get the reciprocation from others...most times almost immediately...as always, drive safe and keep a look out for self and others...either positive or negative vibe spreads...i choose to give and influence with the pluses...tee gong got po pe my vrn opened top 3...🙏😁

• Praise 1

not a happy CNY cos fall sick after 2nd day and on MC from 3rd day onward, cannot feel any CNY mood cos self lock down at home until duno what is going on outside [laugh]

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic
On 2/19/2024 at 10:14 AM, Jman888 said:

not a happy CNY cos fall sick after 2nd day and on MC from 3rd day onward, cannot feel any CNY mood cos self lock down at home until duno what is going on outside [laugh]

抱抱 [grouphug]

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
On 2/14/2024 at 10:34 AM, mersaylee said:

I often practise courtesy driving...give way to chiobu only so I can bio...often enuf I get the reciprocation from others...most times almost immediately...as always, drive safe and keep a look out for self and others...either positive or negative vibe spreads...i choose to give and influence with the pluses...tee gong got po pe my vrn opened top 3...🙏😁

Correct for you…

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 2/19/2024 at 11:19 AM, Vratenza said:

don't pretend....you want flu party to get MC 😆

You must be new, he well known blur fark, must have mistaken Jman888 as some female member . [:p][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

COVID ah? [:p][laugh][laugh]

At least you went through reunion dinner and day one leh. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

Donch feel bad...I ended up in A&E on the eve after dinner on 2 separate occasions...once for self and once for the herd...then another year the car had a strong argument with a carpark pillar on first day of LNY due to drowsy medication...spent the second day morning to try polish off the scratched markS...no more hanging of festive deco with 福到我家 ever since...becos of the flu I kena and it sounded like Flu到我家 😅

Edited by mersaylee
  • Haha! 5

On 2/19/2024 at 11:51 AM, mersaylee said:

Donch feel bad...I ended up in A&E on the eve after dinner on 2 separate occasions...once for self and once for the herd...then another year the car had a strong argument with a carpark pillar on first day of LNY due to drowsy medication...spent the second day morning to try polish off the scratched markS...no more hanging of festive deco with 福到我家 ever since...becos of the flu I kena and it sounded like Flu到我家 😅

pillar won I suppose....😆

On 2/19/2024 at 11:56 AM, Vratenza said:

pillar won I suppose....😆

No contest...apart from the flu..my back also hurt after that...😅

On 2/19/2024 at 11:51 AM, mersaylee said:

more important got strike toto/4D? [laugh]

On 2/19/2024 at 12:10 PM, Jman888 said:

more important got strike toto/4D? [laugh]

No tio beh beo...tio pah jiamg jiak yok...😂

• Haha! 1

On 2/19/2024 at 11:28 AM, Tianmo said:

COVID ah? [:p][laugh][laugh]

At least you went through reunion dinner and day one leh. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

i had covid not long ago actually [laugh]

so not sure cos clinic also dun bother to test, anyway the variant change until maybe test kit also cannot detect. Doctor say viral infection with everything (symptom) in the package will come sooner or later so he gave me all the medications and insisted i take max mc [sweatdrop]

• Haha! 1

On 2/19/2024 at 12:31 PM, Jman888 said:

not sure cos clinic also dun bother to test, anyway the variant change until maybe test kit also cannot detect. Doctor say viral infection with everything (symptom) in the package will come sooner or later so he gave me all the medications and insisted i take max mc [sweatdrop]

My wife went to see Doc last Friday.  Doc also say viral infection.

Give 5 - 6 medication

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
On 2/19/2024 at 12:31 PM, Jman888 said:

i had covid not long ago actually [laugh]

so not sure cos clinic also dun bother to test, anyway the variant change until maybe test kit also cannot detect. Doctor say viral infection with everything (symptom) in the package will come sooner or later so he gave me all the medications and insisted i take max mc [sweatdrop]

You ate too much CNY goodies and fall sick ar?