Peal_red Neutral Newbie January 31, 2005 Share January 31, 2005 I do think that the E68 is not really useful . I heard that it is only useful when you drive a non fuel injection car. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hattee Neutral Newbie January 31, 2005 Share January 31, 2005 (edited) Well I think he is quite patient and I hold my words without direct offence yet. My position is never dispute unless you have tried and tell pple how you tried. No point quoting all over the place. Just because you dun use doesn't mean no good for others. Also, just because you use means always good for the rest (Ah Q mentality). Just be open minded and discussed both sides of the view. Edited January 31, 2005 by Hattee Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genie47 1st Gear January 31, 2005 Share January 31, 2005 Because there is a deep innate nature in us to believe in magic. LTA cannot stop us believing in magic or else the Men in White will be Nazis. Just read up on Ecotek and see the problems they have with the British ASA. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vtim 3rd Gear January 31, 2005 Share January 31, 2005 Whatever! Why let a device take over what your right foot is supposed to do? yah, tell that to my right foot Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genie47 1st Gear January 31, 2005 Share January 31, 2005 Frankly there is no need to try. Like I have said, should you have first hand experience to confirm what is already an impossibility? Should I confirm my mortality by jumping off a building? So if Vesna Vulovic survived a 33000ft fall from a doomed passenger liner, should I confirm for myself if it is possible? Well her survival is magical but should we apply this belief in magic or the divine into our lives? So if Ah Tan tried E68 and testified that it is good, should I give it a go? Should anyone sacrifice $150 so that he can see if it is works? I have said so $150 can buy petrol. Buying these snake oils requires faith. You decide to believe a testimonial. Not hard numbers and not science, other than the word of a person standing in the brochure proudly holding the said device. There are no studies, no peer reviews (lots of paid advertising reviews though) and certainly no application from mainstream industry. People still buy these things and believe in them. Why? Because it is really good! No, really! Really good! Same reason why people believe in breast creams and OTC slimming products. I guess it is because people are poor and don't like big risks. So they take small risks at the same time believing in some kind of magic to make it work knowing very well that the only sure way to get big breasts are augmentation and hard exercise. You can literally die from breast augmentation which is also expensive and without a doubt people had died from exercise before not to mention huge investment in time and energy. Now look at the automobile side of things. I've taken big risks with performance jobs. I've gone all the way with forced induction via transplant. That cost me a huge amount of money. I have diced with the law but I am satisfied in a very very big way. It is exactly similar to a boob job. Then there is huge investment in time to get it working right. A boob job recipient will have to endure the pain of recovery. Have to endure the pain of not having a car for weeks while it is being worked upon. I really have to exercise by taking the trains and buses again. Then, not that I got tired but wife didn't like the idea that the car might get impounded one day. So I scrapped the car, got a new car and all, yes ALL the performance parts including the engine were sold. I got back most of the cash and the whole exercise can be just a little more expensive than an E68. Try getting an E68 user sell his E68 to a willing buyer. A $150 snake oil can really enhance your car's performance. Sure it can. It does not entail big risks to succeed in a big way or rather not succeed at all. So safe it can pass LTA inspections maybe because LTA knows it is just a crappy engine bay adornment. I will end with these few words and not contribute anymore to this thread. Do it right the first time round and be satisfied. Fair hearts will never win fair maidens and in the case of Singapore, guaranteed to pass LTA inspections mods will have much to be desired. If you want really safe, don't add these snake oils. Your car lives longer, you are really guaranteed pass at LTA inspections and your car definitely serves you in the purpose you set out for it to do (unless you bought the car for all the wrong reasons in the first place). Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Normal_aspirated Clutched January 31, 2005 Share January 31, 2005 Your OBD II kit cannot use? what brand? Are you selling it off? Nope, i dun hv it.........luckily tat chap was honest enough not to sell me something that dun fit my car. my ride is still uner warranty, dare not to experiment the OBD1 socket until i'm sure wat i'm doing. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Normal_aspirated Clutched January 31, 2005 Share January 31, 2005 Whatever! Why let a device take over what your right foot is supposed to do? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- yah, tell that to my right foot u hv HRF syndrome there.......can doc Genie fix it? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Route Clutched January 31, 2005 Share January 31, 2005 just curious.. are exhaust modifications a form of snake oil as well... ? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genie47 1st Gear February 1, 2005 Share February 1, 2005 If you don't know what you are doing, they are not snake oil. They become engineering fiascos. You need back pressure for good operations. You cannot just dump in XXX brand extractor or muffler or tip. A complete system costs a lot and is very well researched for that particular engine it is made for. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vtim 3rd Gear February 1, 2005 Share February 1, 2005 don't think he can, unless I change to a mini-bus, then maybe problem solved liao but then again, it could be another '3 gear' mini-bus when I driving it Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Genie47 1st Gear February 1, 2005 Share February 1, 2005 How? Chop off right foot? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jhoo Neutral Newbie February 1, 2005 Share February 1, 2005 So after 4 pages of response, have you come out with a verdict? Most of the time we dont know what to choose when we know nothing, but more than often we still dont know what to choose when we knew too much! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Route Clutched February 1, 2005 Share February 1, 2005 verdict is try and experience it for yourself. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jhoo Neutral Newbie February 1, 2005 Share February 1, 2005 (edited) I have ordei done my muffler, if the CAI and drop-in plus PBV still doesn't help to put in extra ponies , I may consider. Of course, the option of piggyback is still there Edited February 1, 2005 by Jhoo Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Route Clutched February 1, 2005 Share February 1, 2005 muffler ? legel or not ? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jhoo Neutral Newbie February 1, 2005 Share February 1, 2005 SS leh, wat you think , but 2nd hand anyway. Like our genie have said, I've ga bra with the wrong order, so now my car lao hong! FART so loud and cant breath! Normal order :intake, exhaust, PBV(optional), chipping. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hattee Neutral Newbie February 1, 2005 Share February 1, 2005 Unfortunate to what is said here is the open mindedness of well-informed people and perfect competition of the market. What is increasing produced and widely sold stands to this testing. Simply naming a product snake oil has little repercussion except to those few close-minded ones. Guess we no more living in the past decade of Ah Q where his interesting opinion does matter to the ignorant. Frankly there is no need to try. Like I have said, should you have first hand experience to confirm what is already an impossibility? Should I confirm my mortality by jumping off a building? So if Vesna Vulovic survived a 33000ft fall from a doomed passenger liner, should I confirm for myself if it is possible? Well her survival is magical but should we apply this belief in magic or the divine into our lives? So if Ah Tan tried E68 and testified that it is good, should I give it a go? Should anyone sacrifice $150 so that he can see if it is works? I have said so $150 can buy petrol. Buying these snake oils requires faith. You decide to believe a testimonial. Not hard numbers and not science, other than the word of a person standing in the brochure proudly holding the said device. There are no studies, no peer reviews (lots of paid advertising reviews though) and certainly no application from mainstream industry. People still buy these things and believe in them. Why? Because it is really good! No, really! Really good! Same reason why people believe in breast creams and OTC slimming products. I guess it is because people are poor and don't like big risks. So they take small risks at the same time believing in some kind of magic to make it work knowing very well that the only sure way to get big breasts are augmentation and hard exercise. You can literally die from breast augmentation which is also expensive and without a doubt people had died from exercise before not to mention huge investment in time and energy. Now look at the automobile side of things. I've taken big risks with performance jobs. I've gone all the way with forced induction via transplant. That cost me a huge amount of money. I have diced with the law but I am satisfied in a very very big way. It is exactly similar to a boob job. Then there is huge investment in time to get it working right. A boob job recipient will have to endure the pain of recovery. Have to endure the pain of not having a car for weeks while it is being worked upon. I really have to exercise by taking the trains and buses again. Then, not that I got tired but wife didn't like the idea that the car might get impounded one day. So I scrapped the car, got a new car and all, yes ALL the performance parts including the engine were sold. I got back most of the cash and the whole exercise can be just a little more expensive than an E68. Try getting an E68 user sell his E68 to a willing buyer. A $150 snake oil can really enhance your car's performance. Sure it can. It does not entail big risks to succeed in a big way or rather not succeed at all. So safe it can pass LTA inspections maybe because LTA knows it is just a crappy engine bay adornment. I will end with these few words and not contribute anymore to this thread. Do it right the first time round and be satisfied. Fair hearts will never win fair maidens and in the case of Singapore, guaranteed to pass LTA inspections mods will have much to be desired. If you want really safe, don't add these snake oils. Your car lives longer, you are really guaranteed pass at LTA inspections and your car definitely serves you in the purpose you set out for it to do (unless you bought the car for all the wrong reasons in the first place). Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Normal_aspirated Clutched February 1, 2005 Share February 1, 2005 (edited) don't think he can, unless I change to a mini-bus, then maybe problem solved liao but then again, it could be another '3 gear' mini-bus when I driving it i get it, 5-gear box but u use only three gears. start off with 2nd gear, rev hard till redline, change to 4th, rev to redline, and then cruise at 5th........... Edited February 1, 2005 by Normal_aspirated ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
CNA: S'pore Govt To Review Marriage & Parenthood Policies
CNA: S'pore Govt To Review Marriage & Parenthood Policies
sgCarMart Reviews: Audi A6 Sedan Mild Hybrid 2.0 TFSI S tronic Design
sgCarMart Reviews: Audi A6 Sedan Mild Hybrid 2.0 TFSI S tronic Design
M’sia Girl Asks Customer For Restaurant Review Before Entering, Patron Gives Feedback By Shaking Head
M’sia Girl Asks Customer For Restaurant Review Before Entering, Patron Gives Feedback By Shaking Head
Alpina B7 biturbo review
Alpina B7 biturbo review
Send in a review of your Subaru and get a Limited Edition Subaru Watch + Shell Car Wash Vouchers
Send in a review of your Subaru and get a Limited Edition Subaru Watch + Shell Car Wash Vouchers
Well played Tripadvisor?
Well played Tripadvisor?
Car reviews by SGCM
Car reviews by SGCM
2020 Top 5 Cars For First Time Buyers
2020 Top 5 Cars For First Time Buyers