Nissan Qashqai vs Honda Vezel, which is better?

Leoeve

You certainly bought a lemon...wrong choice for a second hand car.

Hi All

i am new to the forum. Just purchase a qashqai 2009 non premium model. Notice the below problem .  I would like to seek the advise of those currently driving the same model.

1) loud engine noise when travelling 80km/h and above

2) During constant speed when i release the accelerator fully there will be a sudden auto brake ? Not sure if its their nissan technology or something wrong

3) RPM reeves to 5,6,7 wheras previous ride honda civic can stay below 3rpm

Hope someone can englighten me if they encounter similar issues or which workshop to go for check other than TC

Thank you all.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Hi All

i am new to the forum. Just purchase a qashqai 2009 non premium model. Notice the below problem .  I would like to seek the advise of those currently driving the same model.

2) During constant speed when i release the accelerator fully there will be a sudden auto brake ? Not sure if its their nissan technology or something wrong

Hope someone can englighten me if they encounter similar issues or which workshop to go for check other than TC

Thank you all.

Sounds as if your car is stuck in some sports mode  or something and not shifting up.

Hi All

i am new to the forum. Just purchase a qashqai 2009 non premium model. Notice the below problem . I would like to seek the advise of those currently driving the same model.

2) During constant speed when i release the accelerator fully there will be a sudden auto brake ? Not sure if its their nissan technology or something wrong

Thank you all.

1. I also drive a 2012 qashqai premium (same range). I find engine sound at 80kph quite ok. We should probably have the same engine....

2. It does not auto brake when gas pedal is released, it engine brakes. Typical characteristic of a CVT tranny

3. During accel, it is normal for CVT to rev up until 5k and normalizes below 2k when reaches overdrive. But 6-7k rpm quite high already...

• Praise 1

1. I also drive a 2012 qashqai premium (same range). I find engine sound at 80kph quite ok. We should probably have the same engine....

2. It does not auto brake when gas pedal is released, it engine brakes. Typical characteristic of a CVT tranny

3. During accel, it is normal for CVT to rev up until 5k and normalizes below 2k when reaches overdrive. But 6-7k rpm quite high already...

Hey guys. Thanks for the help. Turns out i am a cockster that has been driving in manual mode without realising it. didnt shift the gear thus the high rpm and the sudden jerk when gas pedal release.

now driving in normal mode and everything's good. Apparently the drive shaft for 2 sides has been damaged. was told i would need to replace the cover along with the ball bearing grease as the grease has "spatter" out for both side.

Any idea how much it would cost?

Cx3 smallest in room space hrv biggest

Comfort cx3 best to hrv

Qq in the mid for both

Vezel hybrid a different spec in all. Heard soundoroofing a lot better

Sat in a grab vezel hybrid. Soundproofing is as bad as a non hybrid when it comes to road noises. Engine noise seems a bit better only prob due to to transmission being different. Edited by Andyngps

Tested both cars before

Vezel more like a "budget car" with lower quality feel. Also have that "Uber/Grab driver" feeling eventhough you are not one of them. Maybe is just way too many of them on our road.

QQ seems better in term of quality & feel more solid. That could be the reason why is the car is almost 100kg more than the Vezel.

Edited by Toomuchtorque
  • Praise 3

Tested both cars before

Vezel more like a "budget car" with lower quality feel. Also have that "Uber/Grab driver" feeling eventhough you are not one of them. Maybe is just way too many of them on our road.

QQ seems better in term of quality & feel more solid. That could be the reason why is the car is almost 100kg more than the Vezel.

You know why grab uses vezel? Has the word reliability crossed your mind? QQ is a problem car with all the electronic issues so it would be lousy as a workhorse. QQ=好看不好吃。

You know why grab uses vezel? Has the word reliability crossed your mind? QQ is a problem car with all the electronic issues so it would be lousy as a workhorse. QQ=好çä¸å¥½åã

Agreed. But then the fragility of vezel in terms of insulation, toughness and handling comfort can be quite disappointing at times.
  • Praise 1

Agreed. But then the fragility of vezel in terms of insulation, toughness and handling comfort can be quite disappointing at times.

It is very easy to insulate a car from noise, just spend money on door/floorboard panelling lor, just a 2 day job at Foon. For toughness, of course a 1.5 litre engine beats a 1.1 litre engine. Don't forget that even with a turbo, the QQ is still underperforming.

Andy,

You can PM me and try my qashqai anytime with just simple ethrottle, 5x surbos and upgrade of performance spark plug for very much improved performance w.r.t. to pickup lag at about sgd500 and TanChong is quite lenient on these mods, including disable SS module etc. to honour warranty for various repair without question. Btw, you can rev the qashqai like mad but its engine is never rough sounding...nice !

HU failure is non issue cos it is a locally fitted China WinCE one and if not happy, you can change like me and many bros ..no difference from vezel which depends on what the PI included or worse without even navigation and 2 yrs warranty from TanChong oso.

Battery issue is a known one for 1st batch of EFB type and we got foc change to expensive sgd250 AGM type within 12 mths .. 50% if within 24 mths.

Stopstart never had any issue and although least intrusive and a quiet affair, more than 1/3 of 200+ whatsapp group installed disable ISS module anyway to rid of this BS function

Ebrake issue was resolved with SW update albiet it took a bit of time for Nissan UK to come up with the fix.

There was also safety recall of potential rear brake hose leakage as well as timing chain cover leak that affected many but Tanchong swee swee to have all fixed for me despite my humble list of mods ..keke ! This and SW update is key assuring aftersales service for cars from AD like TanChong and not sure how potential fire recall of vezel were handled by PIs. Stating the obvious but in general, aftersales service from centralised ws of PIs sucks cos PIs oreli paid off to these ws and washed hands liao .. unless bigger PIs like Richburg etc. with their own ws.

Yes, qashqai is a great conti ride with composure, quietness as well as handling due to active drive which without driver's realisation, applies light braking before you sway too much ... which even my estima cannot match and I only drive the qashqai over the weekend and do not miss my estima.

Yes, I also very much prefer the exterior look of the qashqai to vezel with nice presence as well as the nice interior which is comfortable and easy on the eyes unlike the FXT that I just secured the COE for ..more mods for the FXT ...lol.

For sound insulation, I had done extreme sgd5k one for my honda odyssey and please dun expect miracle. This is really for audio system upgrade for midbass speaker in the doors that ws found revenue to offer claimed quiet ride which is far from resolving the noise issue. By the time you SP your doors and floors, the engine noise will be more obvious from the firewall since relative .. not sure how it will be even if you remove the front dashboard for extreme SP like owners in Thailand but wun not advise owners to go there cos one can imagine potential mess to put back everything like original .. not to mentioned thr big $. I also found out that engine noise also became more obvious in my odyssey as you need to rev the engine more during pick up as the SP is heavy and of course FC suffers significantly as a result ... I sold the odyssey after 4.5 yrs before my estima which I have zero little to complain in last almost 10 yrs w.r.t. noise especially engine noise.

Long post but I hope this provides you and other bros a more balanced perspective ... no, I do NOT share off the cuff comments as most bros here knows that I make effort in my long post and state only my own experience else it is more query type statement or I just simply shut up.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 2

After having 2 Mazda cars previously and thought of getting another car, but seem like the quality n reliability of Nissan cars is not better than Mazda. Honda is expensive n not Made in Japan. Now left with Mazda n Toyota.

• Praise 1

After having 2 Mazda cars previously and thought of getting another car, but seem like the quality n reliability of Nissan cars is not better than Mazda. Honda is expensive n not Made in Japan. Now left with Mazda n Toyota.

The latest HRV is made in Japan.

It is very easy to insulate a car from noise, just spend money on door/floorboard panelling lor, just a 2 day job at Foon. For toughness, of course a 1.5 litre engine beats a 1.1 litre engine. Don't forget that even with a turbo, the QQ is still underperforming.

Concur bro. I did mine full sp. But still its a tag off compared to some makes. As for toughness, agreed the eng is fine except the noise of direct injection...but more of the toughness of the body...the metal is a bit thin...and the plastics break easily.

The latest HRV is made in Japan.

Sorry, forget to mention I want to consider CRV but it doesn't justify to its selling price. Too ostly for a car assembled by Thais.

• Praise 1

Concur bro. I did mine full sp. But still its a tag off compared to some makes. As for toughness, agreed the eng is fine except the noise of direct injection...but more of the toughness of the body...the metal is a bit thin...and the plastics break easily.

If one were to take a car on a long haul road trip, the choice is obvious between a vezel and qashqai. I seriously won't want my car to be plagued with a ton of electronic and battery issues on the way up to Cameron Highlands or Genting. 

Edited by LPPL

Between a Proton saga and a qashqai for long trips to malaysia, I would go rather go with a proton.
↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1