Demerit Free Decal?

cllq

I exchanged for the decal when I pumped at shell ... pasted on my windscreen ...

Ok, now, my car is full of decals... like christmas tree :D

The nicest one is still MCF decal :))

*Touch Wood* probably one day you kena demerit point.

A letter attached to the summon lnotice will order you to return the decal? haha!

↡ Advertisement

I believe the issuance of the Demerit Free Decal is an inaccurate measure of good driving. Let me name 3 examples:

Example 1

My wife received her Demerit Free Decal (DFC) yesterday (12 Aug'15). This is purely because she has not been driving for the past 8 years. So this technically does not qualify her for it. (Sorry dear, but that's the truth)

Example 2

My colleague, a 65 year old man, also received his DFC last week. My colleagues were surprised and had a good laugh that he actually received it. Why? Because he is never a careful driver. He is sometimes reckless and impatient. The only reason that I can think of is because he is not caught, yet.

Example 3

My brother-in-law got his driving licence in the late 1990s. He has never own a car, nor has he ever driven one since the day he passed his driving test. And yet, he received the DFC.

Conclusion, the safe drivers in the TP's point of view are those who have a driving licence and do not drive.

Therefore, in my opinion, only Heaven know who are the safest drivers on our roads. [;)]

Let me guess, you did not get it. hahaha....

But I agree, I am sure a large percentage of the 60th percentile are not regular drivers.

Let me guess, you did not get it. hahaha....

But I agree, I am sure a large percentage of the 60th percentile are not regular drivers.

Obviously, I did not because of a traffic offence that I unwittingly committed last year. It's not speeding or some reckless driving though. But that's the price to pay for failure to pay attention while driving. I am sure we will be better drivers after having been fined.

Edited by Thedecemberone

I believe the issuance of the Demerit Free Decal is an inaccurate measure of good driving. Let me name 3 examples:

Example 1

My wife received her Demerit Free Decal (DFC) yesterday (12 Aug'15). This is purely because she has not been driving for the past 8 years. So this technically does not qualify her for it. (Sorry dear, but that's the truth)

Example 2

My colleague, a 65 year old man, also received his DFC last week. My colleagues were surprised and had a good laugh that he actually received it. Why? Because he is never a careful driver. He is sometimes reckless and impatient. The only reason that I can think of is because he is not caught, yet.

Example 3

My brother-in-law got his driving licence in the late 1990s. He has never own a car, nor has he ever driven one since the day he passed his driving test. And yet, he received the DFC.

Conclusion, the safe drivers in the TP's point of view are those who have a driving licence and do not drive.

Therefore, in my opinion, only Heaven know who are the safest drivers on our roads. [;)]

Actually, they (TP and Shell) had never stated that is is for good driving or even as a safe driver... Quote http://www.shell.com.sg/products-services/on-the-road/promotions/attention-demerit-free-motorists.html

The Singapore Traffic Police has partnered Shell and the Singapore Road Safety Council to reward motorists who have stayed demerit-free for the past 5 years*.

The Singapore Traffic Police will be sending a commendation letter to recognise the contribution of these exemplary motorists for keeping our roads safe.

So it just means you are lucky that you were not caught or you drive like a tortoise or even thank you for not driving... :grin: whatever it is just enjoy the free decal, I got 2... and someone is selling it at $50 in carousell... :XD:

no demerit points = driver with licence, but not caught

no demerit points = driver with licence, but not driving

demerit points = driver with licence + got caught

• Praise 1

So far on the road i havent see anyone pasting the decal yet, maybe i should go collect it and paste so can have better chance of getting spotted and win the prize.

Edited by Xers007

Received mine yesterday.

Was clearing my pile of mails, saw the letter from SPF.....had initial shock. Held my breath while opening it. Stupid letter; could save on paper, postage & giving recipient near heart attack! Rather they give me extra 5% discount on road tax renewal.

HAH! i also sia... thot simi sai got SPF letter, thot they catch me do notti things... then i saw the contents and threw it into the bin.

• Praise 1

I exchanged for the decal when I pumped at shell ... pasted on my windscreen ...

Ok, now, my car is full of decals... like christmas tree :D

The nicest one is still MCF decal :))

MCF decal from far can recognized [laugh]

• Praise 1

no demerit points = driver with licence, but not caught

no demerit points = driver with licence, but not driving

demerit points = driver with licence + got caught

unfair leh,

my office auntie got license 20 years ago, never driving but also get demerit free award,

I collected my decal yesterday and happily stick on my car... I am proud to stay "clean" for the many years that I have been driving .... but after reading all your posts ....they way you guys perceive those with that decal ... I am wondering if I should remove it ... :ouch-it-hurts:

I also recently received the MCF car decal which I didn't stick on my car as I find it too big le ...

Received my letter yesterday. Any bros take pictures of the stickers......dont know should i go and collect anot!

they spot you give u shell decal

drive properri hor....skali dangerous driving kena stomp.....lol

• Praise 2

Received my letter yesterday. Any bros take pictures of the stickers......dont know should i go and collect anot!

A hao lian bro who selling at $50 in Carousell... Photo courtesy of carousell...

post-113529-0-85119400-1439447155.jpg

• Praise 1

they spot you give u shell decal

drive properri hor....skali dangerous driving kena stomp.....lol

hahaha......ok..later i go take....one month no go out at night starting from tomorrow....scared your 'customers' come disturb me and i drive dangerously to siam 'them'...😂😂😂😂.

A hao lian bro who selling at $50 in Carousell... Photo courtesy of carousell...

attachicon.gifhao_lian_decal_for_car_windscreen_1438941066_bbb34d85.jpg

can sell to the audi driver in simei...😂😂😂😂

hahaha......ok..later i go take....one month no go out at night starting from tomorrow....scared your 'customers' come disturb me and i drive dangerously to siam 'them'...😂😂😂😂.

lol...peek a boo....

hantu-pocong-lucu-versi-monyet.png

↡ Advertisement