Hospitalisation insurance question

Karoon

My wife's ntuc premiums also almost doubled this year when due for renewal and she is very healthy.

the increase has nothing to do with your health, the adjustment came in 2017 and there was a report on it.

↡ Advertisement

For my mum

She got lots of existing illness

Donât mind stay b or c ward

Should buy what insurance?

Or the MediShield life can tong most of it?

Will the private insurer still cover for pre existing conditions or maybe even reject outright.

If don't mind B or C were then just buy the midrange plans. The rider portion to cover co-insurance and co-payment will be lesser especially when the insured ages.

the increase has nothing to do with your health, the adjustment came in 2017 and there was a report on it.

Yeah there are people abusing the system because they have the as charged riders, they will go for the best and go for more tests etc. So in the end drive up medical costs and everyone suffers.
  • Praise 1

Yup!

Announcement came on this last yr

Twincharged

this I know ... but the increase is really super high ... doubling every year [shocked]  [dizzy]

Yeah there are people abusing the system because they have the as charged riders, they will go for the best and go for more tests etc. So in the end drive up medical costs and everyone suffers.

they call this the buffet syndrome.

and with the tv and radio advertisements last two years by private hospitals "encouraging" ppl to make use of the 100% insurance coverage plan to go to the private hospitals for the check up and treatment for free !

then all those who don't abuse the system will just end up paying for those who do.

Edited by Ysc3

this I know ... but the increase is really super high ... doubling every year [shocked]  [dizzy]

i think once you cross 50, the increase is double, but shouldn't be every year. Found this on internet, this one is the highest ses plan  [sweatdrop]

1.JPG

this I know ... but the increase is really super high ... doubling every year [shocked][dizzy]

they call this the buffet syndrome.

and with the tv and radio advertisements last two years by private hospitals "encouraging" ppl to make use of the 100% insurance coverage plan to go to the private hospitals for the check up and treatment for free !

then all those who don't abuse the system will just end up paying for those who do.

Maybe must let the as charged premium skyrocket then only the ones that can truly afford will go for it. Less people jiak buffet, so costs will not increase so much.

Twincharged

i think once you cross 50, the increase is double, but shouldn't be every year. Found this on internet, this one is the highest ses plan  [sweatdrop]

not yet 50 ... but very close ...anyway spoke to my agent yesterday .... told him i'll be downgrading to the A Saver plan liow ... cannot afford the "any workshop" plan already .... have to settle for the "authorized workshop" plan from now on.

Maybe must let the as charged premium skyrocket then only the ones that can truly afford will go for it. Less people jiak buffet, so costs will not increase so much.

my thinking is more for the car insurance pattern.

if no claim, then premiums stick to the calculation list when we sign up (forget about NCD)

then if claim, then the premiums can rise.

like this more fair for those who are not abusing the system .... and saving for a rainy day.

at least those ppl with minor issues will think twice before utilizing the policy.

↡ Advertisement