Singapore Budget debate in parliment

Picanto

what's the purpose of debating over the budget when the govt has announced and is going to implement it. isn't it a waste of the MP's time?

the budget should be debated, view and opinions asked, and then implemented.

↡ Advertisement

Else how to justify for their increment? Come out just to wayang and tell the public that they are doing something so that they can call for more increment next year.

to be a democratic country, they should seek the view and opinions of the MPs. then come up with budget goodies. what for come up with the budget, then have a debate?

to be a democratic country, they should seek the view and opinions of the MPs. then come up with budget goodies. what for come up with the budget, then have a debate?

=============

Our gharmen is "top down" style.

The top wil make the decisions & the bottom wil just carry it out.

Neutral Newbie

what's the purpose of debating over the budget when the govt has announced and is going to implement it. isn't it a waste of the MP's time?

the budget should be debated, view and opinions asked, and then implemented.

Cant agree more..... really funny .... [furious]

regarding the new budget that was recently announced, i am quite unhappy that they remove the 20% rebate, given that the middle income class has been at the mercy of the recent times. why remove this breather then ? also, if i am not wrong, i read that they sing praise to a new plan to help the peopl, that is, to allow woman to claim spouse relief also, but get this right, the qualifying income is the spouse must not be earning more than $4k per annum. What the Fark is this ?!? (my alma mata) . How many people will qualify and this amount is small anyway. So in the end, i see the whole thing is take more from the people and give a tiny wheeny bit but make a loud noise. Also, they are charging higher levy on foreign workers, hence generating more revenue again.

i am so disappointed in this years budget.

Am surprised that no opposition MPs & NMPs did'nt ask about budget increase for salaries, mebbe hoping for MP allowance to increase?

aiyah so they have bullet for election budget next year mah. Look like this year no election. If you notice, our govt is extremely conservative in forecasting if you term it nicely or totally screw up if you term it bluntly. They have forecast a small deficit for this year budget. I believe come next year, they will announce last year, they actually run a surpass actually. This have happen in the last few year

(edited)

if im correct, LTK asked for Foreigner Levy to be cancelled so that the saving from paying the levy to gov (like feeding opium) can be better used by the company to increase the pay of singaporean workers. instead he suggested ratio based system but jose said his idea is disastrous.

I am wondering, paying all these foreign worker levies..the money go to GOV for what purpose?

Edited by Babyt

The Garment's Roadmap for Singapore is a 45 Degree straight Line UP.

Its a Only can Succeed, Cannot Fail Roadmap. If fail we are no longer a country. So far its more like 25 degrees line...

Like it or not, the 1st 100 yrs of Spore from 1965 ~ 2065 is to make as much money as possible for Garment to have the biggest reserve comparable to China.

A small Red Dot cannot survive without Money Power. No resource, no water - only Human Power to make money.

What is the best way to achieve ? Tax, levy, duty.

Nothing wrong with this, its the process that is painful to us Commoners...

Neutral Newbie

Its a Only can Succeed, Cannot Fail Roadmap. If fail we are no longer a country. So far its more like 25 degrees line...

Like it or not, the 1st 100 yrs of Spore from 1965 ~ 2065 is to make as much money as possible for Garment to have the biggest reserve comparable to China.

A small Red Dot cannot survive without Money Power. No resource, no water - only Human Power to make money.

The ways this thread is going

the views appear to be ....

it seems like living in a NAZI era

where the weak are weeded out

only the strong survives

Neutral Newbie

There must be a better way than this... we aren't the smallest country in the world but we are one of the smallest country desiring to be tops in everything...

I have no solutions though... im not paid millions to think abt this...

Wayang wayang? [lipsrsealed]

regarding the new budget that was recently announced, i am quite unhappy that they remove the 20% rebate, given that the middle income class has been at the mercy of the recent times. why remove this breather then ? also, if i am not wrong, i read that they sing praise to a new plan to help the peopl, that is, to allow woman to claim spouse relief also, but get this right, the qualifying income is the spouse must not be earning more than $4k per annum. What the Fark is this ?!? (my alma mata) . How many people will qualify and this amount is small anyway. So in the end, i see the whole thing is take more from the people and give a tiny wheeny bit but make a loud noise. Also, they are charging higher levy on foreign workers, hence generating more revenue again.

i am so disappointed in this years budget.

think they ask all mp to focus on topic concern businesses and divert the attention of the 20% rebatefor personal income tax :angry:

if im correct, LTK asked for Foreigner Levy to be cancelled so that the saving from paying the levy to gov (like feeding opium) can be better used by the company to increase the pay of singaporean workers. instead he suggested ratio based system but jose said his idea is disastrous.

I am wondering, paying all these foreign worker levies..the money go to GOV for what purpose?

MOM revenue?