HARDLIFE Neutral Newbie July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 Dear Mockingbird, Can u let me know if I can start applying for BTO flats now? I bought a resale flat last year in Feb 2010. I know I need to stay there for 5 years before I can sell it. Because BTO flats takes 2.5 to 3 years to build, can I start applying now for BTO and when the BTO is completed, I will reach my 5 years minimum occupation period. Thanks ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ruriimasu 1st Gear July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 u need to fulfill 5yrs MOP before u can apply. HDB not so stupid. Dear Mockingbird, Can u let me know if I can start applying for BTO flats now? I bought a resale flat last year in Feb 2010. I know I need to stay there for 5 years before I can sell it. Because BTO flats takes 2.5 to 3 years to build, can I start applying now for BTO and when the BTO is completed, I will reach my 5 years minimum occupation period. Thanks Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Galantspeedz Turbocharged July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 (edited) Dear Mockingbird, Can u let me know if I can start applying for BTO flats now? I bought a resale flat last year in Feb 2010. I know I need to stay there for 5 years before I can sell it. Because BTO flats takes 2.5 to 3 years to build, can I start applying now for BTO and when the BTO is completed, I will reach my 5 years minimum occupation period. Thanks edited..... after 5 yrs MOP then can apply..... Edited July 14, 2012 by Galantspeedz Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dark 5th Gear July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 Dear Mockingbird, Can u let me know if I can start applying for BTO flats now? I bought a resale flat last year in Feb 2010. I know I need to stay there for 5 years before I can sell it. Because BTO flats takes 2.5 to 3 years to build, can I start applying now for BTO and when the BTO is completed, I will reach my 5 years minimum occupation period. Thanks What do you think? Now there is a long queue of people trying to buy a BTO flat, these MOP rules will be observed strictly unlike those days when there was a glut of HDB flats. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HP_Lee 5th Gear July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 I think you hit a point. If HDB is for citizens only and kept affordable, it serves many purpose as privilege to citizens. Eg. It can be a safety net to fall back to encourage more risk-taking and entrepreneurship. Can also serve as income supplement for poorer families if they rent out a room ie. PRs not owning HDB = less competition and more demand for rental Etc... Current HDB price for a middle income is pretty high. To bring it down to an affordable level, the gov, may have to do it gradually. But sad to say, policies are always a lagging effect. By the time it real works, it could be over done. That's why there are always bloom and bust cycles, whether be it property or stock market. The worst thing is , it takes a long time to come back after the last bust. Those who bought at all time high, may not lost or failed to get good returns of overall investments in long-term. I define long-term as 10 - 15 years after the last high. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HP_Lee 5th Gear July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 If it were up to me, I would introduce a new category of HDB. it would be sold at construction cost to Singaporean only. It would strictly be for living in and not to be resold. The size would be based on family size. The rest of system leave the same. This is not a logical way, as a world class gov, like SG. From day one, HDB was meant for SC, as a basic housing. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yewheng Twincharged July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 (edited) Current HDB price for a middle income is pretty high. To bring it down to an affordable level, the gov, may have to do it gradually. But sad to say, policies are always a lagging effect. By the time it real works, it could be over done. That's why there are always bloom and bust cycles, whether be it property or stock market. The worst thing is , it takes a long time to come back after the last bust. Those who bought at all time high, may not lost or failed to get good returns of overall investments in long-term. I define long-term as 10 - 15 years after the last high. Ya that is why sometimes it is better for government to let free market decide than to impose more policies to remandy it and may make it worst because of the lag. But that said, must look at the situiation also. Edited July 14, 2012 by Yewheng Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HP_Lee 5th Gear July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 And then my citizen wife? Do what? If you really take SG as your long term home, why not get a SC? ? I am confused. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HP_Lee 5th Gear July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 Yeah, you might be kidding, but people like you need all the helP they can get to win a woman. I sense flaming. Let back to more constructive discussions bros. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lala81 Hypersonic July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 While i think we should not being so defensive about NS, the hard truth is that it does take take up a large chunk of our lives. Easily 2+ to 3 yrs of the most productive period of our lives (including NS + regular 10 cycle NSman cycle, I'm already not including pple like KAH/officers who do roughly 1.5 to 2times) To say it's not related to the sacrifice of being a citizen is utter BS. In SG, guys have NS, women have to give birth for Total Defence! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
1fast1 Supersonic July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 Why are you bringing fish into the conversation? Carp, the verb. What you're doing now. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 i dun see anything wrong with what i posted. To bring the idea further.. i think the government shld consider allowing only NS serving family i.e. 1 member of the family nucleus, to buy hdb. this will beat all the incentives or all the claw-backs introduced to stop new citizen and citizen alike for escaping NS. This will make NS more relevnant to singaporean. Imagine, our men serve the nation using 2 yrs of his prime.. and the new citizen or PRs like yourself , just hop in and enjoy the fruit of our labour. cannot. some singapore born male because of varies medical reason also dont need to serve NS. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 We have chosen to call Singapore home. That's why we are here to take care of her. If we weren't, if we had been chased off by your policy, where would she live? Can you answer me that? What makes Singapore boys more deserving of a house than Singapore girls? A bit misogynist don't u think? that did be a lie. cause you didnt convert. at most you call it a hotel for your current phase of life. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 agree only Bro Acemundo more objective me not meh?? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 this thread more and more become flamebait it was all along a flamebait, just that it started okay until someone bring a hay of straw in Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joseph22 Turbocharged July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 I must say I enjoy the united-ness in this thread. I mean even J22 makes sense in this thread! i take this as personal attack. btw, most of your other post dont make sense. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ben5266 Supercharged July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 cannot. some singapore born male because of varies medical reason also dont need to serve NS. you really got critical thinking now. My respect. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Royho1979 Clutched July 14, 2012 Share July 14, 2012 i take this as personal attack. btw, most of your other post dont make sense. nabey.. when ppl gave u stick in this thread about your english i defended u wor. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Residents can post mail from all HDB, condo letterboxes by Sep 30; no plans to remove postboxes: SingPost
Residents can post mail from all HDB, condo letterboxes by Sep 30; no plans to remove postboxes: SingPost
Solar panels on HDB roof. Home Solar
Solar panels on HDB roof. Home Solar
3 surprising upcoming changes that may affect property prices and en-bloc in 2023.
3 surprising upcoming changes that may affect property prices and en-bloc in 2023.
Renovation budget that blows your mind
Renovation budget that blows your mind
Creative Technology becomes Destructive liao
Creative Technology becomes Destructive liao
Budget 2026: Feb12 2026
Budget 2026: Feb12 2026
Barrier arms raised at carpark gantries in 500 HDB estates following ‘technical difficulties’
Barrier arms raised at carpark gantries in 500 HDB estates following ‘technical difficulties’
Does HDB profit from selling flats?
Does HDB profit from selling flats?