News: Unhappy bus drivers mass report sick 26nov2012

Simon29

branded bags are quite affordable if u save enough to buy them. that LV bag could be their only branded bag for the next few yrs. lol

There are ppl who can afford to dress nice nice w branded but have no money to buy big items like HDB/Property.

when u compare paying a few ks for multiple bags/shoes with buying 1 big item like property....which one looks more affordable or rather reachable to the mass?

erm they got HDB..... i think 4 or 5 room... but bought long time....

mass?? what mass? i tot we talking about the meagre amount bus drivers earn....

↡ Advertisement

As for the dormitories that workers said had bed bugs and were not acceptable, SMRT said fumigation works had been scheduled for the Woodlands dorm but they had not been carried out yet.

well.. why the bed got bugs? poor hygiene isn't it. unless they are expecting fumigation every week? [hur]

if they kept their beds clean, i don't think bugs would like to sleep in their beds.

at home, nobody crawls into their bed without changing out their outside clothes first.

if anyone has been sweaty, take a bath first.

monthly pay still ok.

but, come december time ... AWS + VB

when they see others take 1 (monthly pay) + 1 (AWS) + VB = 2.5-3 months pay ...

that's where tulan feeling comes

when they fulfil 2 years contract ... they will get 2 months extra pay which equivalent to the 2 years AWS ... but VB still out of the picture

but one thing for sure is the hiring upfront cost

the agent in china + processing fees + what-have-you already eat into their pay liao

But variable bonus.... is variable...

monthly pay still ok.

but, come december time ... AWS + VB

when they see others take 1 (monthly pay) + 1 (AWS) + VB = 2.5-3 months pay ...

that's where tulan feeling comes

when they fulfil 2 years contract ... they will get 2 months extra pay which equivalent to the 2 years AWS ... but VB still out of the picture

but one thing for sure is the hiring upfront cost

the agent in china + processing fees + what-have-you already eat into their pay liao

That's because they are on a DIFFERENT employment terms mah.... Many companies here also like to hire on contract basis but do same work as some co-workers. No annual or lesser leave, No AWS, No VB, No or limited medical benefits.... Like that how? Whole Singapore strike ah ??

The 1 most important factor is they signed the bloody contract voluntarily, isn't it ? Unless they kenna forced at gunpoint then I zip my mouth <_<

For me, the surprising thing is the continued silence of Lui tuck yew who should be one of the right person to comment since he is the transport minister.

He only know how to pose and smile, serious face cannot [laugh]

That's because they are on a DIFFERENT employment terms mah.... Many companies here also like to hire on contract basis but do same work as some co-workers. No annual or lesser leave, No AWS, No VB, No or limited medical benefits.... Like that how? Whole Singapore strike ah ??

The 1 most important factor is they signed the bloody contract voluntarily, isn't it ? Unless they kenna forced at gunpoint then I zip my mouth <_<

if you borrow money to come here on contract that required you to work for 2 years to cover that loan portion. (i assume given their higher slary will be lesser.) and SMRT give you a contract tell you. you sign you get the increment. if you dont sign you dont get the increment and likely no OT and you will be send back to china after contract end.

this type of situation is similar to pointing gun liao.

you think they are educated and know how to read fine print? :huh: if they do, they won't be driving bus -_-

if you borrow money to come here on contract that required you to work for 2 years to cover that loan portion. (i assume given their higher slary will be lesser.) and SMRT give you a contract tell you. you sign you get the increment. if you dont sign you dont get the increment and likely no OT and you will be send back to china after contract end.

this type of situation is similar to pointing gun liao.

oh, means they were asked to sign another contract with slightly different terms after they reached SG ? Sorry I didnt really read up on all the details

you think they are educated and know how to read fine print? :huh: if they do, they won't be driving bus -_-

uh-oh, I think it doesn't matter whether they can read or not, they'll still act the same [:p]

oh, means they were asked to sign another contract with slightly different terms after they reached SG ? Sorry I didnt really read up on all the details

its the contract in July that suppose to give them increment but they work 6 days instead of 5 days.

whether there is other chances or not i am not sure.

↡ Advertisement