Renault Captur

Leoeve

anyone visit the road show at vivo?

i think the car is quite cool and with diesel turbo.

what is the cons of diesel car?

will maintainence be expensive?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Drive seems to be good, at least no throttle lag compared to Grand Scenic although both share the same engine.

Petrol vs Diesel: you gain some, you loose some, more or less about the same maintenance $$$. Example, there's no spark plugs replacement required. Modern CRD no need glow plug too. You save $$$ with diesel.

About Captur:

Plus points:

1. removable/replaceable seat covers

2. Higher seating position

3. Spacious (basically a Renault Clio with ground clearance jacked up)

4. Rear seats can be moved forward and backward to free up more boot space if required. Double layer rear boot shelves.

5. Very well-equipped with GPS and reverse cam built-in and come as standard

6. You get real parking brake instead of electronic parking brake (good for those old-fashioned people)

7. 6-speed EDC dual clutch (not 7-speed DSG) [:p]

8. don't have irritating i-stop or whatever stops most new cars like to fit with

9. Don't have the irritating difficult to change bulbs positioning anymore. Those coming from Megane should know. Now, you can change your own bulbs with ease. Easier than Japenis cars.

10. Front bonnet fixed with gas struts. Good for those who may have difficulty holding up the heavy bonnet while trying to get the hot metal rod into the hole.

Negatives:

1. Super light steering without feel at all (same as the Cerato Forte and Hyundai Avante)

2. Diesel clatter is obvious when started and for the first few metres. After that, you can't hear anything though. :D

3. No spare tyre [thumbsdown]

4. Small 45L fuel tank. I consider this a -ve point since MY diesel is still not compatible as at now. Would be better if it comes with 60L tank for better mileage coverage (since spare tyre is not there).

5. As usual, AD doesn't bring in the real manual anymore.

anyone visit the road show at vivo?

i think the car is quite cool and with diesel turbo.

what is the cons of diesel car?

will maintainence be expensive?

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Try DuckDuckGo, it claims that it doesn't intrude your privacy.

Even Safari browser is now supporting DDG now.

wow...duck duck go, cute sia.... [laugh]

ok, will try.

• Praise 1

I was at vivo yesterday.

Saw the captur at the Renault displays. Nice exterior but interior can comfortably take 4 persons. 5 would be a squeeze unless all back passengers are very small sized. One key irritant I have is that it uses hand brake...i thought hand brake is an almost obsolete item?

It's based on the Clio. It's small. Like the polo cross. Mini crossovers.

Its engine is the same as those used in their vans. Turbodiese although has loads of torque the 0-100km/he timing can be disappointing. But that few seconds more won't feel a lot on road cars.

• Praise 1

I wonder if the glovebox is the same size (tiny) as the rest of the French cars.

Saw it at the showroom yesterday, the glovebox looks quite small though.

Tried to see the boot and the key selling point of adjusting back row seats for more luggage space but.... the SE told me cannot open the back because car batt low... [:|]

↡ Advertisement