Singapura Restaurant cold crab + price review

Porker

Turbocharged

Had a go at the cold crab a few days ago. The last visit was a couple of years back. I honestly couldn't remember the price and did not bother to check on the Internet hence I was very surprised when I was charged $80 for 2 cold crabs! It is pretty good (with the chilli) if you disregard price but I definitely will not visit again.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Had a go at the cold crab a few days ago. The last visit was a couple of years back. I honestly couldn't remember the price and did not bother to check on the Internet hence I was very surprised when I was charged $80 for 2 cold crabs! It is pretty good (with the chilli) if you disregard price but I definitely will not visit again.

Standard Dropped ... Parking Sucks ...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Ya too ex.

If I crave for cold crab , prefer Ah Orh at Sin Ming . Throw in their claypot fish head ....... steam ah .

• Praise 1

..sri lanka crab in Newton is selling at 50 per kg...just last week

• Praise 1

This kind of crab with lot of roe or 糕is not readily available to individual, and because of this , it is very expensive.

• Praise 1

This kind of crab with lot of roe or 糕is not readily available to individual, and because of this , it is very expensive.

冻蟹 vs 大闸蟹 is different... 大闸蟹 is for roe and 膏.... either way.. both is expensive.. [bigcry]

and high in cholesterol...

personally i like ting heng 冻蟹... they even did it on alaskan crab before... :wub:

• Praise 1

冻蟹 vs 大闸蟹 is different... 大闸蟹 is for roe and 膏.... either way.. both is expensive.. [bigcry]

and high in cholesterol...

personally i like ting heng 冻蟹... they even did it on alaskan crab before... :wub:

Of course they are different. But for chinese cold crab, usually we will use only the 蟹.

The crabs Leedo use is the double shell crab.

The beauty of the cold crab is the fact that it is just about to molt, so it has a soft shell inside of the harder outer shell. So sometimes it is also known as the double shell crab. At this stage, the crab is also full of “roe” which really isn’t “roe” since it is a male crab. The yellow “roe” is in fact milt, which is the nice way of saying crab sperm!

http://4-the-love-of-food.blogspot.sg/2012/10/lee-do-restaurant-cold-crabs-reason-why.html

麗都飯店 Lee Do Restaurant ... Cold Crab's the reason why we're here.

DSC_5848.jpg

I was Ade's birthday dinner and it's almost a crabby one for the last 3 birthdays for members of Eat Eat Eat club. It was Ade's great idea that we do crab birthday meals this year. Jane's was at House of Seafood, mine in Roland Restaurant and Ade chose hers to be at 麗都飯店 Lee Do (Cold Crab) Restaurant. There are several cold crab restaurats like Li Gui at Mosque Street or the Singapura Restaurant. Non of us tried Lee Do before and so here we are. Service was really good. Our plates were replaced by clean ones between dishes. The following shows the dishes that just skimmed the surface of what we actually ate but are highlights of the dinner.

DSC_5854.jpg

Lee Do's Cold Crab was the one reason that we're here. We pre-ordered the crabs which we start tearing apart when everyone arrived at the table. The crab was chilled which was probably why it accentuates the sweetness of the crab. The pincer was the easy for us to pick at the chunky meat ...
DSC_5860.jpg

... but I thought that the best part was the body where the crab roe mingled with the meat. Apart from the extra effort needed to separate the soft shell from the meat, which was well worth the effort, the meat we found here was especially tender and sweet. The chilli sauce as a dip didn't add much to the experience but the black vinegar did enhanced the sweetness of the crab. Negative thoughts of cholesterol intake were cast aside. Tonight we feast.

Edited by tanbk
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

u dun cheapo lah, 2 crab for 80bucks considered cheap leow. U dun think that ah pui everytime give u free means that all things are cheap in this world. :D

• Praise 1

u dun cheapo lah, 2 crab for 80bucks considered cheap leow. U dun think that ah pui everytime give u free means that all things are cheap in this world. :D

I'm heartbroken. Ai gum me mai 😂

• Praise 1

Must take size and breed into consideration also mah, later 80bucks for 2 flower crab.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Must take size and breed into consideration also mah, later 80bucks for 2 flower crab.

@porker will gladly deflower those crabs [laugh] [laugh]

I'm heartbroken. Ai gum me mai 😂

cum cum, sayang u :wub: :wub:

Ya too ex.

If I crave for cold crab , prefer Ah Orh at Sin Ming . Throw in their claypot fish head ....... steam ah .

Their Cold Crab is nice ... But their Claypot Fish Head too sandy in texture ... Steam Fish Head Teowchew Style is better ... Got Pork Lard ... 😍

Their Pumkin Yam Paste also nice ...

..sri lanka crab in Newton is selling at 50 per kg...just last week

神经病 。。。 Edited by Chowyunfatt