Jump to content

2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use


Kklee
 Share

Recommended Posts

Turbocharged

The car indicator tank average is for 2.5 tanks (2.5 weeks) and roughly 1500 km.

 

I do not see any difference even if i reset later.

 

As of now, I am still at 17km/L after reset.

 

Usually the dashboard FC meter is over flattering.. More accurate is to do manual calculation. Assuming u pumped 40ltr each time, 2.5 tanks = 100ltr.. 1500km / 100ltr = 15km/l.. do this calculation over a few tanks of top-up to get the average..

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm..for my altis FC, been driving for 2 mths...FC creep up finally to 12km/L...wonder why others got such good FC as 17km/L? But anyway after pump full tank 95Ron I usually travel 500km then pump petrol(usually gauge show 50-70km range left...)

Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm..for my altis FC, been driving for 2 mths...FC creep up finally to 12km/L...wonder why others got such good FC as 17km/L? But anyway after pump full tank 95Ron I usually travel 500km then pump petrol(usually gauge show 50-70km range left...)

 

 

What petrol u pump?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

Actually i dun think it is my frugal driving habits....i just make sure i dun floor all the way.

 

The reason i share all my mileage is not becos of show off.

 

 

I just wan to show potential buyer for altis what is the expected consumption. Tired of hearing ppl say that altis is a drinker.

 

And also Altis thread is very quiet hahaha.

 

Altis is best selling car in Singapore and yet the thread is like dead. The car is perfect so nothing to complain or modding? hahaha

 

Best selling car in Singapore... not in MCF where full-cash of 528i is normal [laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

How much does it cost for the scuff plate ??

 

The price is indicated on the hyperlink.... $88 inclusive of installation. You can always order the item online.... I try to post the scuff plate after installation tonight......

went for 2nd servce (5k) last wk.

 

asked them adjust steering. a bit loose.

 

also have to replace driver side mirror. had a scratch on it. no stock. have to wait 3wks for shipping from thailand.

 

asked about the bodyworks. they can do polish etc in sin ming. so only repairs in ubi.

Can elaborate on the part where u mention steering a bit loose. What do you mean steering a bit loose?

Link to post
Share on other sites

To all Altis bros, I need your help here.

 

I noticed that my steering a bit loose when I travel 20 to 30km within MSCP. But after I left the MSCP and increase my speed to beyond 30km, the steering no longer loose. Do any bros here experience the same problem as I am or I am the only one facing the problem.....

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To all Altis bros, I need your help here.

 

I noticed that my steering a bit loose when I travel 20 to 30km within MSCP. But after I left the MSCP and increase my speed to beyond 30km, the steering no longer loose. Do any bros here experience the same problem as I am or I am the only one facing the problem.....

 

Thanks.

 

IIRC, it is a feature - easier to turn at low speed and better control/feedback at high speed.

Shell 95

 

Air pressure 230 (Front) and 220 (Rear)

 

 

230 & 220 when cold ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a choice on the darkness of the film? Possible to have the 2nd row darker?

 

Mine comes as a package.

The film for the 2nd row lets in less light.

 

2015_3M_Film_Specs.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

does it look darker? or visually the same?

 

Actually I never take note. I think more or less the same.

To me, the most important is the rear windscreen - too dark, difficult to see and make judgement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can elaborate on the part where u mention steering a bit loose. What do you mean steering a bit loose?

 

it was not in center when travelling on straight line in highway. steering wheel a bit slanted.

 

also, the car seem to float and veer a bit at high speed. so i have to constantly adjust steering. and also cos of that floating and drifting feeling, had to slow down at bit at turning.

 

they already adjusted and tighten during the second service, so all ok now.

 

--

 

2 qn for all altis driver.

 

1) dashboard options. first one shows how much we press accelerator and avg consumption. one of them shows remaining mileage. one shows average speed for current trip.

 

there's one shows average speed and also markings of 10, 20, 30, 40 etc. what does that respresent?

 

2) been raining these few days. noticed the wipers leave some smudges on the windscreen, esp the left (short) wiper, at the top most before it turns back down. that near vertical smudge is caused by wiper, or something on the windscreen?

 

thanks in advance.

Edited by HdBanger
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

it was not in center when travelling on straight line in highway. steering wheel a bit slanted.

 

also, the car seem to float and veer a bit at high speed. so i have to constantly adjust steering. and also cos of that floating and drifting feeling, had to slow down at bit at turning.

 

they already adjusted and tighten during the second service, so all ok now.

 

--

 

2 qn for all altis driver.

 

1) dashboard options. first one shows how much we press accelerator and avg consumption. one of them shows remaining mileage. one shows average speed for current trip.

 

there's one shows average speed and also markings of 10, 20, 30, 40 etc. what does that respresent?

 

2) been raining these few days. noticed the wipers leave some smudges on the windscreen, esp the left (short) wiper, at the top most before it turns back down. that near vertical smudge is caused by wiper, or something on the windscreen?

 

thanks in advance.

 

 

I dun know if my car steering has the same problem as u. When I am travelling with my car straight at 20 to 30km within the car park, I can feel that I can turn a bit to the left and right (not steer to the left and right). Do you feel that way after tightening the steering.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

it was not in center when travelling on straight line in highway. steering wheel a bit slanted.

 

also, the car seem to float and veer a bit at high speed. so i have to constantly adjust steering. and also cos of that floating and drifting feeling, had to slow down at bit at turning.

 

they already adjusted and tighten during the second service, so all ok now.

 

--

 

2 qn for all altis driver.

 

1) dashboard options. first one shows how much we press accelerator and avg consumption. one of them shows remaining mileage. one shows average speed for current trip.

 

there's one shows average speed and also markings of 10, 20, 30, 40 etc. what does that respresent?

 

2) been raining these few days. noticed the wipers leave some smudges on the windscreen, esp the left (short) wiper, at the top most before it turns back down. that near vertical smudge is caused by wiper, or something on the windscreen?

 

thanks in advance.

 

 

For 2nd part, mostly shd be your wiper issue.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...