Honda Civic 2007 Repair/Maintenance

Metalslug2

Hi guys, can someone advise me please for my Honda Civic Hybrid 1.3

I am comparing 2 brands of air filter – K&N vs BMC. What is a better buy?  [thumbsup]

any reason why you are considering these two air filters instead of a stock filter?

↡ Advertisement

hi Spinelli,

any recommendation?

there's an auto parts shop (further down the road after two money changers) along Jalan Tebrau towards KSL after Pelangi Shopping Mall.

• Praise 1

I just got my car fixed by Jet.  Mine is a 2006 Honda Civic 1.8L A.  Kah Motors quoted me about SGD3K to 4K to change all my absorbers, leaking steering pump, high pressure hose as well as fix the intermittent aircon.

Various quotes in SG workshops vary between SGD 1.8k to SGD 2.6k.  The quotation of the required parts from various Honda stockists add up to about SGD 1,400.

I drove in on Friday and left the car with Jet for the whole day.  He loaned me a car to drive around.  Went to shop at Aeon Mall Bukit Indah and Tesco and picked up the car at 6 plus in the evening.  Came back to Singapore with shopping bags of groceries.

The repairs cost about RM 3K in all.  All in cost plus petrol, toll, shopping, lunch and dinner was about RM 3.6K.

Had a relazzing day.  If you could spare the time, this is a good alternative.

Jet is honest and will not change what is not required.  Instead of the high pressure hose which was not really leaking, he spotted that my engine was leaking and fixed that instead after checking with me.

Highly recommended.  I am not related to Jet in any way.  This is my honest review as a happy customer and recommendation for a good WS and honest owner to other bros.

Cheers!

nice post bro.

just got my aorto lock from bangkok and intend to go in next week for jet to install.

S__3801234___.jpg

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Thinking to buy the original Civic FD1A rear brake pads from Amazon.

Anyone can let me know the correct Honda part number?

Thanks.

• Praise 1

1st Gear

Hey guys, have been hearing humming sounds from my front wheels when i go above 40km/h. I suspect it's time to change the front wheel bearings as i have just recently changed to a new set of tires. Any recommended workshop in Singapore? Thanks in advance.

• Praise 1

2nd Gear

Hey guys, have been hearing humming sounds from my front wheels when i go above 40km/h. I suspect it's time to change the front wheel bearings as i have just recently changed to a new set of tires. Any recommended workshop in Singapore? Thanks in advance.

A pair of oem bearing with labour charge excludes alignment should be less than S$ 200

• Praise 1

1st Gear

Oh alright ! Thanks alot for the info with regards to the pricing. Appreciate it!

(edited)

I was thinking otherwise if the front wheel bearing did give out humming sound? The front wheel bearing is sleeve bearing type and seldom fail. Faulty wheel bearing will produce louder and louder sound on higher speed increases. If this is your case, confirm wheel bearing W&T.

I suggest you ask the mechanic to check your radiator filter. I have experienced same phenomenon and change out the filter

this low frequency humming sound created by the water flow through the faulty filter. Damage is $70 inclusive of labour charge.

Edited by Tcx607

1st Gear

I was thinking otherwise if the front wheel bearing did give out humming sound? The front wheel bearing is sleeve bearing type and seldom fail. Faulty wheel bearing will produce louder and louder sound on higher speed increases. If this is your case, confirm wheel bearing W&T.

I suggest you ask the mechanic to check your radiator filter. I have experienced same phenomenon and change out the filter

this low frequency humming sound created by the water flow through the faulty filter. Damage is $70 inclusive of labour charge.

Well i have been going to KM for all my servicing. Apart from ad hoc stuff like air con compressor and changing of tires,i did it elsewhere. Surprisingly the issue started , from day 1 of my last servicing. I thought it was a one off thingy since i just drove out from servicing.But it has been a few months , the sound still persists.Called stockists (thian seng) they mentioned 85$/pc for the front and I was thinking i should go to a workshop recommended by thian seng and get it fixed.

But now you have got me thinking. Appreciate your comprehensive feedback, will definitely look into it. Thanks!

The humming sound could be a tyre also. Had that type of sound on my father's civic and my car recently. Went away when the Tyre was changed. Try rotating the Tyre if possible.

1st Gear

The humming sound could be a tyre also. Had that type of sound on my father's civic and my car recently. Went away when the Tyre was changed. Try rotating the Tyre if possible.

Yeah i thought it was too! But i just changed to a new set of GR100 2 weeks ago! Sound still persists. When i'm turning the sound increases. When i go above 40 the sound also increases. Any workshop to recommend ? Hoping to get it checked ASAP. 

2nd Gear

Yeah i thought it was too! But i just changed to a new set of GR100 2 weeks ago! Sound still persists. When i'm turning the sound increases. When i go above 40 the sound also increases. Any workshop to recommend ? Hoping to get it checked ASAP. 

Any mechanic can identify a bearing issue.

The work is not complicated except the need of a press. Not many workshop have press nowadays so they will have to send to other workshop to press out the bearing and of course the additional cost is borne by you.

You can use the prices given earlier as a guide & check around. if price is not a concern then just feel comfortable and walk into any workshop at your convenience

Supercharged

Had tyres hum once coz workshop didn't put back the nuts properly after they changed brake pads so tyre not truly vertical.

1st Gear

Any mechanic can identify a bearing issue.

The work is not complicated except the need of a press. Not many workshop have press nowadays so they will have to send to other workshop to press out the bearing and of course the additional cost is borne by you.

You can use the prices given earlier as a guide & check around. if price is not a concern then just feel comfortable and walk into any workshop at your convenience

Thanks once again! Will go get it checked then.

↡ Advertisement