Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

Neutral Newbie

There is no speakers warranty, only HU comes with 1 year warranty. I had asked my SE when I collect my car. But if mech screw up anything for example power window wiring or something during speakers replacement then of course you can't bring back to CnC to fix your windows under warranty as it was caused by 3rd party. Likewise if you do your door soundproofing.

CnC only void warranty if you replaced parts not by CnC. Hence for my case I can't go back claim warranty if my HU or speakers goes faulty one of this days.

So we have to decide what we wanna replace outside and will that also affect other parts of the car. Hence to me best is try not to touch any wiring or electronic by 3rd party unless after warranty period.

I was thinking of changing the front speakers to components speakers but worried that will void warranty if something goes wrong.
↡ Advertisement

I was thinking of changing the front speakers to components speakers but worried that will void warranty if something goes wrong.

Its just speakers not something major. Remember to get wiring adapter/socket so it will be plug and play with no splicing of the wiring.

Neutral Newbie

My 3 weeks old JVC ICE screen seems not bright enough, visibility at night acceptable but hard time to read during day time. Screen brightness setting already at maximum +15. Do you all have the same problem or my set is not in normal conditions. Please share with you your though with thanks.

My 3 weeks old JVC ICE screen seems not bright enough, visibility at night acceptable but hard time to read during day time. Screen brightness setting already at maximum +15. Do you all have the same problem or my set is not in normal conditions. Please share with you your though with thanks.

Actually I dim mine down to almost minimum. Unless the sunlight is behind me shining on the display, I don't have any issue. In anycase, it's not as if i would keep on adjusting since the volume control is on the steering wheel. At night the display is way too bright at max setting. If you are driving on NS highway without any street lights, the display will be very glaring inside the cabin. That's for my case, anyway. For you, maybe its different. But if you re unsure, bring it in for C&C to check. If it's a defect, best to report while still under warranty.

Neutral Newbie

Actually I dim mine down to almost minimum. Unless the sunlight is behind me shining on the display, I don't have any issue. In anycase, it's not as if i would keep on adjusting since the volume control is on the steering wheel. At night the display is way too bright at max setting. If you are driving on NS highway without any street lights, the display will be very glaring inside the cabin. That's for my case, anyway. For you, maybe its different. But if you re unsure, bring it in for C&C to check. If it's a defect, best to report while still under warranty.

Thank you for sharing your JVC experience, maybe mine has an issue. Also forget to post that at times when I am on the GPS page or reverse page, the screen turn pinkish colour for few seconds, not always but already 5 times in 3 weeks. Will get back to C&C for check. Have a good day.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, 

I just signed for this car.. Hoping to get it by June. 

Test drive was good. Enjoyed it (previously driving vios). 

But have few concerns, hope someone can advice me!

1) The speaker is bad.. I like bass and "booming" sound. Anyone here has similar likes and has upgraded theirs ? Can you share the price and shop ?

2) Cabin had noise, does soundproofing really helps ?

3) What is the model of the JVC HU which comes with the car ?

4) Is it necessary to replace to better coilovers ? twice a week my car will be full load. 

Thanks!

• Praise 1

Hi All, 

1) The speaker is bad.. I like bass and "booming" sound. Anyone here has similar likes and has upgraded theirs ? Can you share the price and shop ?

4) Is it necessary to replace to better coilovers ? twice a week my car will be full load. 

Thanks!

Congrats! Hopefully you got your COE already as it just rose alot at the latest exercise!

The speakers are not that good. I have tried alot of combination for the equalizer but not able to get a satisfied sound from it. If it bothers you, you may have to change it. For me, i got used to it after a few months so don't bother me anymore. Cabin noise would be a bit louder when cruising but again, I don't think its an issue. It does make more noise when accelerating hard but when cruising on the KPE, it is fairly quiet. 

Replacing the coilovers would be your personal preference. Frankly they are all brand new now. So I would think better to replace at year 5 when you can maximise the return. Again, this does not other me. For my old Cerato, I used to drive over humps at 30-40km/l and I thought since the Attrage springs are supposed to be softer, it would be better but I was wrong. You need to reduce to about 20-30km when going over humps. Again, I adjusted, so basically, its about retuning yourself for the new car as it is different. :)

@ Everyone - Guys, when you collected your car, was the tyre valve cover made of plastic or chrome? I could have sworn I saw metal but now my car has 4 plastic black caps! Hopefully not because someone "kapo" it!...

Edited by auto1701
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Congrats! Hopefully you got your COE already as it just rose alot at the latest exercise!

The speakers are not that good. I have tried alot of combination for the equalizer but not able to get a satisfied sound from it. If it bothers you, you may have to change it. For me, i got used to it after a few months so don't bother me anymore. Cabin noise would be a bit louder when cruising but again, I don't think its an issue. It does make more noise when accelerating hard but when cruising on the KPE, it is fairly quiet. 

Replacing the coilovers would be your personal preference. Frankly they are all brand new now. So I would think better to replace at year 5 when you can maximise the return. Again, this does not other me. For my old Cerato, I used to drive over humps at 30-40km/l and I thought since the Attrage springs are supposed to be softer, it would be better but I was wrong. You need to reduce to about 20-30km when going over humps. Again, I adjusted, so basically, its about retuning yourself for the new car as it is different. :)

@ Everyone - Guys, when you collected your car, was the tyre valve cover made of plastic or chrome? I could have sworn I saw metal but now my car has 4 plastic black caps! Hopefully not because someone "kapo" it!...

Hi auto1701, I collected my car 3 weeks ago, the tyre valve covers are plastic.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, 

Thanks!

Hi DVLM, collected my car 3 weeks ago. Can tune to boomiing bass if you play around with the sound effects of the JVC, not fully satisfied but acceptable. Mine is JVC KW-V230BT obsolute model if you check with the JVC Singapore web, hope you get the uptodate entry model KW-V250BT.  Unfortunely mine have problems with the screen, ocassionally turn pink colour when in GPS page and turn black on reverse page. Just reported to C&C and hopefully to get it solve.

Hi DVLM, collected my car 3 weeks ago. Can tune to boomiing bass if you play around with the sound effects of the JVC, not fully satisfied but acceptable. Mine is JVC KW-V230BT obsolute model if you check with the JVC Singapore web, hope you get the uptodate entry model KW-V250BT. Unfortunely mine have problems with the screen, ocassionally turn pink colour when in GPS page and turn black on reverse page. Just reported to C&C and hopefully to get it solve.

@Anchorage Can check how you tune to booming base? As in the settings applied.
  • Praise 1

Hi All, 

Thanks!

You should have just buy another car. Hoped you made the right choice by downgrading from a Vios.

1. The stock speakers from Jap/Korean/Thailand cars are crap due to cost. You can just break them by poking your finger into it. But to some who are not audio freaks they are fine. As mentioned by other brothers here, you can just adjust the Bass and Treble settings in the HU will do. But do note that stock speakers will be saturated if Bass is set too high and doors will vibrate. Looking at you mentioned you like "booming" sound, you are better off upgrading a good ICE to include a sub-woofer and DSP. Bro Qilun did some upgrades, you can find out more from him or read his comments. 

2. Jap/Thailand cars are wrapped like 'milo-tin' metals. You can even do whole car sound-proofing and there will still be noise. I spent $1.8k sound-proofing my previous ride. It does makes a difference before and after. After I change to a conti, the NVH is way better than my previous ride even without SP.

3. Why do you need to know the model? Unless you plan to do ICE. Didn't you ask when you signed for the car? But based on the feedback from some owners here, they are crap. If you plan to do ICE, you are better off with getting a flagship model from Pioneer or Kenwood equivalent. 

4. Did you test drive with full load? Buying a brand new car to change its coils is abit too far off la. I read that the suspension is not very good. If you know your car has to endure full load twice a week and if your Vios is also struggling, then good luck with the Attrage. U can try spring stiffeners which can be added easily from various workshops. 

Hope you are happy with your purchase and enjoy the car. 

Cheers.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

@Anchorage Can check how you tune to booming base? As in the settings applied.

Fully agreed with Wormee. This car is worth only for cheap, point A to point B and fuel ecomony. If comfort, sound and good internal material/instruments is prefered, look for conti car or higher grade Jap/Korean car. On the ICE Audio setting, you can find various sound effect adjustment, play around to find your pereference.

In my own opinion, sound proofing, upgrade ICE or sound system, there is a limit of improvement as this car is a bare bone not built for comfort and sound enjoyment. However this is a personal perference, each has his/her own desire, some feels whatever supplied is okay and some enjoy upgrading for improvement. Just be careful not to void the warranty.

And congratulation to you having a new car. Have a good weekend.

Hi auto1701, I collected my car 3 weeks ago, the tyre valve covers are plastic.

Thanks Bro! Thought mine was "koped" :) Happened to my Cerato when I collected it. One week later, all my chrome caps disappeared. 

• Praise 1

Hi DVLM, collected my car 3 weeks ago. Can tune to boomiing bass if you play around with the sound effects of the JVC, not fully satisfied but acceptable. Mine is JVC KW-V230BT obsolute model if you check with the JVC Singapore web, hope you get the uptodate entry model KW-V250BT.  Unfortunely mine have problems with the screen, ocassionally turn pink colour when in GPS page and turn black on reverse page. Just reported to C&C and hopefully to get it solve.

Got my car a few months ago and it came with the V230BT.  

But mine does not have GPS map. There an external GPS antenna on the dashboard only. How did you get GPS  ? Don't see it mentioned in the manual.

Edited by auto1701

Neutral Newbie

This car is known to have noisy engine, why waste $ upgrading the sound systems? just use it for a basic point A-B car with good fc.

• Praise 5
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged

I won't advise sound proofing the Attrage as it's underpowered to begin with and you add additional weight to the car.

It's about managing expectations. Attrage is budget point A to B car. Can't expect much.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Got my car a few months ago and it came with the V230BT.  

But mine does not have GPS map. There an external GPS antenna on the dashboard only. How did you get GPS  ? Don't see it mentioned in the manual.

The GPS is optional and not included in the package but the V230BT is GPS ready by just adding a GPS module to plug into the V230BT unit (behind the ICE). CNC would charge extra if you opt to have GPS but you can bargain for free in the negotiation process.

xehay-mitsubishi-attrage-071118-11.jpgNot sure how true is this but 2019 model the front grills looks nice and the door insides. I dont mind changing my grills to these :P

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1