Mechanic test drive after servicing

Buadongdong

Hi Bros,

I have a hypothetical question and it goes like this.

Usually after servicing my car at a certain workshop, the mechanic would take the car for a test drive to see if there are any problems with the car after servicing.

So what happens if:

1) During test drive, something else breaks down after servicing? (eg. radiator pipe burst, suspension noise starts to appear, tyre kenna nail puncture, etc.)

2) During test drive, the mechanic met with an accident with my car and my insurance doesn't cover him? Who is gonna pay for the damages?

Appreciate your valuable advice/comments. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Bros,

Usually after servicing my car at a certain workshop, the mechanic would take the car for a test drive to see if there are any problems with the car after servicing.

So what happens if:

1) During test drive, something else breaks down after servicing? (eg. radiator pipe burst, suspension noise starts to appear, tyre kenna nail puncture, etc.)

2) During test drive, the mechanic met with an accident with my car and my insurance doesn't cover him? Who is gonna pay for the damages?

of course WS has to bear the cost

1) on you

2) on them

Hi Bro, may I know the reason for your reply on item 1? One can argue that everything was fine when I was driving it. And when mechanic drove it, something happens. Too much a coincidence?

It's likely

1. heng heng... zhun zhun....

2. you change one part, the next part fails.... Example, you change pump, hose never change. Hose burst after change pump = related = hose old liao -> 'decay' -> new pump installed -> powderful pressure = old hose cannot tahan = peeeeeeeeee

Hi Bro, may I know the reason for your reply on item 1? One can argue that everything was fine when I was driving it. And when mechanic drove it, something happens. Too much a coincidence?

• Praise 1

in the first place will you know that it happens during mechanic drive? they will probably tell you they discover this while servicing your car.. they can say whatever they want as u are not there to witness

if u want to ngiao jin ngiao lan, dont drive and take public transport

this kind attitude, ur mechanic will blacklist u

It's a legitimate concern. Nobody wants to send their car in for servicing and get a wreck back. For 1), hard to tell if the problem was already existing or due to the test drive. For 2), workshop should have to compensate or repair the damage. Mechanics also take risk by giving your car a test drive, I'm sure they don't want anything to happen either.

Today morning saw a brand new car with trader plates being driven, probably to the showroom for delivery. Imagine how kan cheong the driver must be, especially during morning peak traffic. If suay suay kenna bumped from the back or side, really tai ji liao liao.

Dun be so narrow minded lah. Mechanics just want to be sure everything he did for servicing has been tighten, nothing is loose or shaking, no leaks and abnormal noise.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

If you so scared or don't trust your mechanic then do the test drive with them in the car instead.

It's a legitimate concern. Nobody wants to send their car in for servicing and get a wreck back. For 1), hard to tell if the problem was already existing or due to the test drive. For 2), workshop should have to compensate or repair the damage. Mechanics also take risk by giving your car a test drive, I'm sure they don't want anything to happen either.

Today morning saw a brand new car with trader plates being driven, probably to the showroom for delivery. Imagine how kan cheong the driver must be, especially during morning peak traffic. If suay suay kenna bumped from the back or side, really tai ji liao liao.

if as ts described, something loose after servicing

only 3 possibilities

1) the mechanic bae gan and is first time go and from those cheapskate groupon deals

2) go before and regular mechanic and the car just sucks and should be scrap

3) driver bae gan and buy crap car and go crap mechanic

i once send in for svcing to a major AD and the return mileage was +90KM, i know because i always reset my trip A daily.

i dun gey kao on the petrol but i jus want to know where my car went.

i ask them why, service manager say was testing out problem.

i ask wad problem, he say he duno he need to check, i say theres no problem, i send in for svcing, i did not complain any problem, jus kept saying sorry.

send in a email, they call back say its part of the testing route, i say ur testing route from leng kee to changi n back (assuming 45km 1 way) ? no reply.

Say want gimme petrol and carwash voucher, i say save it, i got other things tat requires more of my attn.

from then on, i have a habit of snapping my odometer, call me cynical..

• Praise 1

Say want gimme petrol and carwash voucher, i say save it, i got other things tat requires more of my attn.

Why not accept petrol and carwash voucher????

Hi Bros,

So what happens if:

Best for you to:

1. don't drive.

2. takes our world best public transport.

3. or all above...BMW ..Bus, MRT..Walk..

Or you can go with the mechanic during the test drive... I always prefer to do so because I want to pinpoint and show him whatever else issue with my car which can only be detected on the move...

↡ Advertisement