Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

1 hour ago, BobbyTan_74287 said:

I had been using Waze on Apple Carplay and Andriod Auto for 1 and 1/2 year and got problem in using Waze. Not sure why you have got the problem. My wife and I used Iphone while my children use Samsung phone.

Cos mine is a aftermarket  pioneer set and not original HU?

↡ Advertisement

Any merz owners can comment about the auto brake assist feature? Involved in a small accident in a carpark which the ABA did not activate (settings was on for this feature at sensitive level). Was inching in front out from my lot when a car crossed in front out of nowhere and i crashed into it at a speed of about 10kmph or lesser. 

C180 w205 2018 last batch.

Edited by Andyngps

On 9/4/2020 at 11:08 PM, Hamburger said:

Cos mine is a aftermarket  pioneer set and not original HU?

Oh, maybe this is the main reason. The aftermarket pioneer maybe got some settings need to be configured. Try to ask a IT expert. My car the Android Auto settings done by my son as at first could not connect. Please note cable also plays a part. Need to have good quality cable. 

3 hours ago, Andyngps said:

Any merz owners can comment about the auto brake assist feature? Involved in a small accident in a carpark which the ABA did not activate (settings was on for this feature at sensitive level). Was inching in front out from my lot when a car crossed in front out of nowhere and i crashed into it at a speed of about 10kmph or lesser. 

Useful but don’t bet your life on it?

3 hours ago, Andyngps said:

In your situation, you will need front cross traffic alert system.

Auto Brake Assist needs to track the movement of the car right in front of your car.

Both system are different.

Additionally, auto break assist required a minimum speed to work if not mistaken.

> old model min 60km/h
> new model min 40km/h

Edited by janz25

On 9/6/2020 at 5:33 PM, inlinesix said:

In your situation, you will need front cross traffic alert system.

Auto Brake Assist needs to track the movement of the car right in front of your car.

Both system are different.

I thought merz ABA covers cross traffic as well? 

On 9/6/2020 at 9:16 PM, janz25 said:

Additionally, auto break assist required a minimum speed to work if not mistaken.

> old model min 60km/h
> new model min 40km/h

Then i would say its pretty useless as compared to some of the japs ABA which even auto braked if too close to carpark gantry

16 minutes ago, Htancl said:

What is the equipment code for ABA with cross traffic ?

1257547312_Screenshot2020-09-08at1_38_13PM.thumb.png.1fb0afea282367b1f7c0220c11b3d2bc.png

Brake Assist System (BAS PLUS) with Intersection Assist

System limits

The BAS PLUS system with Intersection Assist operates in a vehicle speed range of 7 - 250 km/h for moving and stopping objects and up to 72 km/h for stationary and crossing objects. The system may not be able to detect cross-traffic if approaching objects are concealed by trees, walls, parked vehicles etc. This also applies to objects which approach at high speed or in cases where the radar sensor system shuts off due to heavy snow or icing. This situation can also occur if the windshield is dirty or fogged within the field of view of the stereo multifunction camera.

https://www.oem1stop.com/sites/default/files/2013-12_Fahrerassistenzsysteme_EN.PDF

Edited by inlinesix

5 hours ago, inlinesix said:

1257547312_Screenshot2020-09-08at1_38_13PM.thumb.png.1fb0afea282367b1f7c0220c11b3d2bc.png

Brake Assist System (BAS PLUS) with Intersection Assist

System limits

The BAS PLUS system with Intersection Assist operates in a vehicle speed range of 7 - 250 km/h for moving and stopping objects and up to 72 km/h for stationary and crossing objects. The system may not be able to detect cross-traffic if approaching objects are concealed by trees, walls, parked vehicles etc. This also applies to objects which approach at high speed or in cases where the radar sensor system shuts off due to heavy snow or icing. This situation can also occur if the windshield is dirty or fogged within the field of view of the stereo multifunction camera.

https://www.oem1stop.com/sites/default/files/2013-12_Fahrerassistenzsysteme_EN.PDF

258 -  Collision Warning System With Active Brake Application FCW-Stop.  This is on my 2020 W205. I don't think it has intersection Assist.

Edited by Htancl

1 hour ago, Htancl said:

258 -  Collision Warning System With Active Brake Application FCW-Stop.  This is on my 2020 W205. I don't think it has intersection Assist.

Only BAS Plus with Intersection Assist has Cross Traffic.  It does not work in car park.

To has BAS PLUS with Intersection Assist, must have DISTRONIC PLUS.  

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the older model of CLA 180 (before 2019 version).

I saw some Urban package has keyless entry and climatic aircon while some doesn't. Is it mostly due to the C&C vs PI models?

Even some with AMG line doesn't have climatic aircon and I assume no keyless entry as well.

Looking around for a less than 3 years CLA so doing some research here.

• Praise 1

On 9/8/2020 at 7:29 PM, Htancl said:

I am trading my XC60 T5 e-drive to E200 now waiting for COE bid, it's seem the brake assit with E200 is only for when following car in the road. Really different concept with Volvo City Safe, the autonomous braking above 5 kmh. It's really a good mature system for Volvo and saved me few times for rear ending collision, just it's bit annoying when approaching carpark gantry at bit higher speed it will brake at no time. Really serious braking force, the whole car will shudder. If not wearing seat belt for sure face will thrown to dash or steering. 

Edited by Knighthunter
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
29 minutes ago, Jason1980 said:

Hi guys, anyone knows how much to change a C180 coolant Thermostat? Got a P0128 Error code.

Go to a workshop. You remove the housing and pipe, there will be coolant flowing out of the pipe.

Just go to the workshop and get it to replace.

If you DIY and change yourself and you never clean up the mess, if there is stray cat or dog or even worse our dear otters go and drink the coolant, they will die one. 🤮

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Go to a workshop. You remove the housing and pipe, there will be coolant flowing out of the pipe.

Just go to the workshop and get it to replace.

If you DIY and change yourself and you never clean up the mess, if there is stray cat or dog or even worse our dear otters go and drink the coolant, they will die one. 🤮

Now you have just given Jamesc new idea to serve his MIL Kickapoo drink....

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2