Kusje Supersonic August 14, 2019 Share August 14, 2019 Honestly, I can see so much changes over these years.....these ppl just got market. How I wish SGP got 15M ppl and can make some money from the population we have Easy for businessman to say they want a large population but what about the common folks? How to survive in such a small island if there are 15M people? ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arogab Turbocharged August 14, 2019 Share August 14, 2019 Easy for businessman to say they want a large population but what about the common folks? How to survive in such a small island if there are 15M people? I know. Just my thots. I am no businessman too. To be open in the discussion. I told my guys when I first come the SZ, there is only one MRT line. And they were over tens years behind SG as we at least got 2 lines. Seems like our G slowed down in the building of the infra structure. Anyway, we were caught up and behind in certain ways. But SG still my home. I got no avenue to air my view. I wrote to Gov department before but never any response. So just come here tok kok 3 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kusje Supersonic August 14, 2019 Share August 14, 2019 1% filthy rich out of 1.4billion population is enough to create waves. Look at the average Chinese who will be most impacted and earns only 1/6th of the average American. And you will never get an accurate picture of what's transpiring in a communist society until sh-t hits the fan. With internet, china is actually quite transparent to someone who wants to get the info and knows where to get it. Great china firewall doesn't really work la. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
inlinesix Hypersonic August 14, 2019 Share August 14, 2019 I know. Just my thots. I am no businessman too. To be open in the discussion. I told my guys when I first come the SZ, there is only one MRT line. And they were over tens years behind SG as we at least got 2 lines. Seems like our G slowed down in the building of the infra structure. Anyway, we were caught up and behind in certain ways. But SG still my home. I got no avenue to air my view. I wrote to Gov department before but never any response. So just come here tok kok For Singapore, it is about the dollar & cents. MRT line will not be opened unless there is ready customer. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
inlinesix Hypersonic August 14, 2019 Share August 14, 2019 With internet, china is actually quite transparent to someone who wants to get the info and knows where to get it. Great china firewall doesn't really work la. Are you sure Great China Firewall not working? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arogab Turbocharged August 14, 2019 Share August 14, 2019 For Singapore, it is about the dollar & cents. MRT line will not be opened unless there is ready customer. For this, I can remember the landslide GE lor. I just hope our G to be ahead and care for the people. I am almost over, but we have younger generations Are you sure Great China Firewall not working? If they want it work, it will work. Sometime they just close one eye when especially peaceful period Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
inlinesix Hypersonic August 14, 2019 Share August 14, 2019 For this, I can remember the landslide GE lor. I just hope our G to be ahead and care for the people. I am almost over, but we have younger generations If they want it work, it will work. Sometime they just close one eye when especially peaceful period For North East line, there are certain station not open because not enough crowd. For Great China Firewall, a lot of VPN is getting harder to bypass it nowadays. My Beijing colleagues find google to be more reliable. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arogab Turbocharged August 14, 2019 Share August 14, 2019 For North East line, there are certain station not open because not enough crowd. For Great China Firewall, a lot of VPN is getting harder to bypass it nowadays. My Beijing colleagues find google to be more reliable. Yes Baidu creates much problems and especially with lots of advertisements. Some of the advertisement are even providing improper results which is an internal concern that their G steps in. Anyway, it is China style. In SG, professionals are not able to advertise but they allow here Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
inlinesix Hypersonic August 14, 2019 Share August 14, 2019 Yes Baidu creates much problems and especially with lots of advertisements. Some of the advertisement are even providing improper results which is an internal concern that their G steps in. Anyway, it is China style. In SG, professionals are not able to advertise but they allow here Luckily, i have google in office when i was in Beijing. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arogab Turbocharged August 14, 2019 Share August 14, 2019 Luckily, i have google in office when i was in Beijing. Bro, you mean you go back liao?? I think boss got more plan and is hiniting me to get ready in 18 months, I sian liao but the money cannot reject Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
inlinesix Hypersonic August 15, 2019 Share August 15, 2019 Bro, you mean you go back liao?? I think boss got more plan and is hiniting me to get ready in 18 months, I sian liao but the money cannot reject I am not back in Beijing. I think ppl are preparing to shift out of China with ongoing trade war. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ct3833 Supersonic August 15, 2019 Share August 15, 2019 Tough but there are ppl wishing to be in your shoes cos kena retrenched due to trade war. Hang in there. Better to have a job than jobless, especially during such uncertain times. Hopefully things will be better soon. Take care. Safe ride Cheers You are right, and usually regional role is of much much better package than local role. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arogab Turbocharged August 15, 2019 Share August 15, 2019 I am not back in Beijing. I think ppl are preparing to shift out of China with ongoing trade war. True, I am one of them affected. Last trip back to SZ, I got to know 2 guys, they also exploroing moving out Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Arogab Turbocharged August 15, 2019 Share August 15, 2019 You are right, and usually regional role is of much much better package than local role. Yes, I agree. But SG is my home and I would one day come back home. Thus, there will be a time where package is not important anymore. It will have to come one day and need to be soon 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Thaiyotakamli Supersonic August 22, 2019 Share August 22, 2019 “I am the chosen one” And he looked to the sky Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wt_know Hypersonic August 22, 2019 Share August 22, 2019 (edited) the chosen one .... Edited August 22, 2019 by Wt_know Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maxus-MIFA9 Supersonic August 23, 2019 Share August 23, 2019 “I am the chosen one” And he looked to the sky Yes..... He was the "CHOSEN ONE" who started the Trade War and World depression ... 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Somewhat1975 6th Gear August 23, 2019 Share August 23, 2019 (edited) This is not quite trade war related, but it is a quite interesting documentary to capture the cultural difference between PRC (to certain extent all east Asian) and american. The documentary follows the opening of new factory at Ohio by a Chinese billionaire. Full of irony in the show. Here is the trailer it is on netflix and produced by Obama's production company, Higher Ground Productions. Edited August 23, 2019 by Somewhat1975 ↡ Advertisement 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Another term for China's President.
Another term for China's President.
2026 Mazda EZ-60 / CX-6e
2026 Mazda EZ-60 / CX-6e
Xpeng is Coming to Town
Xpeng is Coming to Town
#24 & #25: BAIC & Arcfox
#24 & #25: BAIC & Arcfox
Deepal S05/E07/S07/S09/G318
Deepal S05/E07/S07/S09/G318
Holiday in China 2026 and beyond
Holiday in China 2026 and beyond
Territorial claims in South China Sea
Territorial claims in South China Sea