Private Property prices......still up or down? Part II

RadX

Twincharged

True lah. Just sit back and relax. Let the bull fight the policy maker and see who win.

COE revenue drop so target property to cover the gap? Haha

Maybe lor. Property just started heating up a little only.they now so efficient and knock 2 nails in. ABSD AND LTV. If I remember correctly, the last time it was spaced apart.

What scared me was when Heng said that we now need to having borrowing by stat boards for funding of infrastructure projects. Maybe I’m not in the know, but never have I heard that we ever had to do this until now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

wah ... watching 10pm news

seems like all showroom super duper crowded

looks like all must elbow to get in to buy

huat until siao ah!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

My friend went to one of the showrooms, full of buyers waiting for their turned be buy.

The last few times when this happend, it was also the same. Crowded showrooms of last min buying. And then after a while everyone accepts the new tax and life goes on.

Some would even say, still cheaper that Hong Kong. So what’s the problem! Haha.

My friend went to one of the showrooms, full of buyers waiting for their turned be buy.

If a developer has been saying that prices will be going higher, then why the rush to sell now when u can sell higher later?

yup. properties in spore is sibei cheap ... compare to hk and prc

The last few times when this happend, it was also the same. Crowded showrooms of last min buying. And then after a while everyone accepts the new tax and life goes on.

Agree. So ppl will get used to the new CM and continue buying, After all, there groups of ppl who are shopping with money from their recent en-bloc. Some of them need a replacement home...maybe they will buy one in a different region or unit size.

If a developer has been saying that prices will be going higher, then why the rush to sell now when u can sell higher later?

They probably did not expect new CM until next year and are drumming up the 'feel-good' sentiment in hope they can sell more units at a higher price.

Twincharged
(edited)

Yeah I would have expected CM, Q1 next year. Had prices continued so far. But given the fast reaction to the creeping up of housing prices . I now fear that The sudden drop of 9k for Cat A, would indicate that some gears are now spinning to come up with ways soon to put a brake on the falling COE prices!

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

COE price has been declining without Uber and grab, government revenue is badly  affected, they have to find ways to patch their revenue shortfall, raising property tax is a good avenue. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Yep, and it won't affect first time buyers where the couple has decoupled so they can keep their current place..

BTW if one has a HDB, can you buy a new one then sell the current flat? Or is there a grace period?

U mean what? Get return of the absd?

(edited)

U mean what? Get return of the absd?

Yes Bro. If you buy 2nd matrimonial home (under you and your wife name) and paid the ABSD, once you sell off your 1st matrimonial home within 6 months of keys collection, can refund the ABSD.

https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/Other-Taxes/Stamp-Duty-for-Property/Claiming-Refunds-Remissions-Reliefs/Remissions/Remission-of-ABSD-for-A-Married-Couple/

Refer eg. B for your case. So take note T&C applies.

Edited by Sadan

Hypersonic

You donât want to be penalized..

cos nett nett just one property

U have to pay upfront 12% then wait for govt refund after u sell. So for 1.5 mil, u got 180k upfront cash to park with govt?

It's a huge sum of money just to be taken away when u need to fulfill deposit requirement etc.

I'm in this quandary now. Its a no brainer, u need to sell first before buying.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Yes Bro. If you buy 2nd matrimonial home (under you and your wife name) and paid the ABSD, once you sell off your 1st matrimonial home within 6 months of keys collection, can refund the ABSD.

https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/Other-Taxes/Stamp-Duty-for-Property/Claiming-Refunds-Remissions-Reliefs/Remissions/Remission-of-ABSD-for-A-Married-Couple/

Refer eg. B for your case. So take note T&C applies.

Yeah as what I stated. Must be selling off A concurrently with Buying B right. Or else the amount of cash stuck is no joke.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

if i take Grab now ... rush to showroom still can sign? [laugh]

Not sure if anyone realised this..

Probably a partial move by govt to discourage hdb owners from holding on to both hdb and getting private.

Its likely hdb will see more owners selling off their flats to decouple and get 2 condos instead. May see upward pressure for smaller private units in future and slight downward pressure for bigger hdb units.

Edited by Invigorated
  • Praise 4

(edited)

if i take Grab now ... rush to showroom still can sign? [laugh]

Can. Your agt can do magic I think. If cannot I do for u Edited by Sadan
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2