7 Seater Diesel Variants

Donald83

12 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

volvo xc90? since you seem to be focused on safety and buying used. back to something you are familiar with too.

Just look at this clip of a Volvo and BMW crash. Volvo is built like a tank

↡ Advertisement

10 hours ago, Donald83 said:

Just look at this clip of a Volvo and BMW crash. Volvo is built like a tank

SUV vs Sedan.  Cannot compare la

(edited)

Of course the sedan will look bad, if u see the damage on the BMW, it's mainly top down, on any head on collision between an SUV vs sedan, SUV always wins.

I suffered a frontal collision with a drunk driver driving a Lexus GS300 back in 2011. I was driving my family's Nissan Qashqai then. I was stopped at the traffic junction when the lexus slammed into me and partially lifted up my car so that it rested back down like 45 degree offset.  

The tow truck driver can still start and drive my Qashqai to mount the tow truck while the lexus damage looks bad, cannot even start. My qashqai didn't suffer any structural damage nor damage to the engine/gearbox.

If u see the 3rd picture, the damage to my car is mainly towards the lower half of the front vs the damage on the Lexus in the 1st pic. Height matters in a frontal collision.

IMG_1836.thumb.JPG.2630bdea6700449137a4fc70d47aff46.JPGIMG_1815.thumb.JPG.d9799259f148d13f321d5dd55a4e0397.JPGIMAG0632.thumb.jpg.611672519e02c4e3492461ef076521b1.jpg

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 2

Why ppl want to sit adults in the 3rd row of seats?

Look again at the car you are talking about. If the car is designed to have a +2 seats it's not for adults. If you want to sit adults in the 3rd row you will have to look at the full time people carrier or MPV design to carry 7 adult size ppl. So it's a matter of how much time your passengers spend in the 3rd row of seats.

Those 5+2 offers flexibility. It's either carry more ppl or carry more barang barang.  Full time MPV has small boot space given its design. No perfect car for you guys. You can compare until the cow fall asleep. Best look at your priorities before deciding. 

• Praise 1

On 6/16/2020 at 2:36 PM, Atrecord said:

ha ha, yes. xc90 3rd row also not for adults.

There's one other that's hardly discussed - infiniti Qx80. 3rd row can even sit 3 adults comfortably, such is the monstrous size...

QX80 is a monster. 5.6l for Singapore roads is an overkill. It's high so older folks getting in is a challenge. Anyway, it doesn't look nice and I imagine the FC will be horrible and price is more than $350k which I don't think can sell. In fact, I don't know why they even bother bringing this in. 

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Spring said:

QX80 is a monster. 5.6l for Singapore roads is an overkill. It's high so older folks getting in is a challenge. Anyway, it doesn't look nice and I imagine the FC will be horrible and price is more than $350k which I don't think can sell. In fact, I don't know why they even bother bringing this in. 

Similar to Land Cruiser. Only PI import it.

Last row of Land Cruiser is for adult

19 minutes ago, Spring said:

Ha ha ha... when i first saw the QX80 at a car show i think 3-4 yr ago, it was difficult even for me to climb into the driver's seat! Almost had to ask for a ladder 🤣

i think for older folks can forget it.

You're right in that it's not popular at all here. I only saw it twice over the years in Marine Parade area - near where atas people live - when sending kids to school...

• Haha! 2

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Ha ha ha... when i first saw the QX80 at a car show i think 3-4 yr ago, it was difficult even for me to climb into the driver's seat! Almost had to ask for a ladder 🤣

You're right in that it's not popular at all here. I only saw it twice over the years in Marine Parade area - near where atas people live - when sending kids to school...

With side step, it is not difficult to get in.

Definitely will be difficult for older folks will mobility issue 

Edited by inlinesix

50 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Sorry, the QX80 is an aquired taste.

I think that not only it troublesome to crawl in, I think it looks like a pig when compared to the Land Cruiser.

Land Cruiser's design is nice for this type of humongous SUV for offroading.

And it certainly drinks like a pig.

If I have the money, Land Cruiser all the way. Why buy a "Nissan" for more money?

• Praise 1

Can consider SEAT ALHAMBRA TDi 2.0L

Its a full size MPV with good power coming from the 2L TDi engine.

Only drawback is many think their DSG is not reliable. 

6 hours ago, Frankloh said:

6 speed wet is reliable. Its the dry DSG that u should be worried more. 

• Praise 2

7 hours ago, Frankloh said:

I can see you are one of the many who think and never really own a wet dsg GB before and tiagong of the issues they have.

I would take a dsg anytime over a conventioner Torque converter.

• Praise 4

52 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

I can see you are one of the many who think and never really own a wet dsg GB before and tiagong of the issues they have.

I would take a dsg anytime over a conventioner Torque converter.

Haha, I think the DSG branding is broken lor.

My Carens 7 DCT also a dry dual clutch lor, it has a OVERHEAT warning feature wor.  Have not happened to my car yet.  But hearsay someone's Carens got this warning when stucked at causeway.   

I stuck in the causeway many times, never light up lor.  It is that I read the instruction advisory card lor ........ HOWTO use a DCT properly lor.

It is more efficient then TC lor, my cars are into this technology lor....

Need 7 seater why not Odyssey or Previa Or Alphard?

I find these 7 seaters to be the most usable. 

As i have 7 people in my Family.   

↡ Advertisement