Crazybugger 1st Gear December 12, 2021 Share December 12, 2021 @Othello sold it when i got the alfa 5+ years ago ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alfc 5th Gear December 12, 2021 Share December 12, 2021 Seem like there is still positive review here of this brand vs the more well-known ones. Value for money proposition. Between brand new Petlas and those I see driving on near botak Michelins or Bridgestone (no money to change but want to see the brand on the tyres type), I think this is still better for value consideration. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mkl22 Supersonic December 12, 2021 Share December 12, 2021 But like everyone else says. Petlas tire prices are about Bridgestone Goodyear prices and just a tad less thanMichelin. These brands have numerous sizes and are available everywhere. So why the heck would one bother with petlas unless one like to be unique and have a different brand from everyone else. 🤣 Unless petlas comes in a special shade other than black which makes it unique and special. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Confusedboi Supercharged December 12, 2021 Share December 12, 2021 think petlas must price lower closer to tourador pricing in order to get more market share.. 1 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Volvobrick Hypersonic December 12, 2021 Share December 12, 2021 1 hour ago, Confusedboi said: think petlas must price lower closer to tourador pricing in order to get more market share.. Toolandoor has more market awareness than petlass. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AndrewLee72 6th Gear December 12, 2021 Share December 12, 2021 Then Rotalla tyres leh .. k cars auto selling. Feel like getting the 17" soon. $80 x 4 😆 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hamburger Hypersonic December 12, 2021 Share December 12, 2021 5 hours ago, Volvobrick said: Toolandoor has more market awareness than petlass. Good one or the negative one?? 🤓 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Volvobrick Hypersonic December 12, 2021 Share December 12, 2021 Just now, Hamburger said: Good one or the negative one?? 🤓 As they say, any publicity is good publicity.... 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ER-3682 Supersonic December 12, 2021 Share December 12, 2021 Sometime depend on Factory,the Turkish are known to be very stingy,S'pore Agent earn little on the Tyres,so no budget,cannot be the one that put up Ads in Magazines & Social Medias. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Unfazed 6th Gear December 13, 2021 Share December 13, 2021 On 12/12/2021 at 10:37 AM, Mkl22 said: I still remember the first tua kang review that the tires lasted 150000km or something ridiculous. 😂 Dua kang reviews like these simply just backfired for me. Lotsa time very easy to spot these kinda reviews. Good tyres need not resort to such overstretched reviews. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Beregond Supersonic December 13, 2021 Share December 13, 2021 dun want to judge petlas.cos i never use before, But the current tyres price even for branded is hitting rock btm. Even bridgestone who is very stubbon with their pricing is dumping It dun really make many senses to go for non branded, Unless the price is like 30-40 % different, u super tight budget or u are a grab/taxi driver. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fcw75 Hypersonic December 13, 2021 Share December 13, 2021 Confirm got budget issue la else why got ad like this? It’s really from Facebook. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Roberttan 5th Gear December 17, 2021 Share December 17, 2021 @Crazybugger my views is it may not have push your car hard enough to test the tire 😂. heard some one said , tires will only fail you when they are working very hard like high speed driving, Cornering , long distance driving and Emergency situation like E brake etc if you are on budget do remember you pay what you get , LIke many public transport or Taxi , PHV rental companies they are Budget sensitive so they tends to go towards lower cost tire. and i understand they choose a Tire base on Local road condiition and regulations especially speed limit 90km/h for example in your country, anything happen beyond the speed limit is Driver responsibility . any inputs are welcome to share if anyone is in Such Organisation how to source tire for their own fleet Tire is only 4 contacts between you and Road surface and more important role SAFETY not just drive you from Point A to Point B or to Pass the Vehicle Inspection Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sealtan 1st Gear December 18, 2021 Share December 18, 2021 Hi I have posted my comments on Petlas Tyres as a user. As I have mentioned in my post that I have previously been using some of the top range performance tyres like Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Toyo Proxes TIR, Brigestone Potenza S001, S007A, Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2, Yokohama Advan Sport V105, Dunlop Sport Max 050+, etc.. All these are very good tyres if not excellent. I chance upon Petlas and have been using it since. I am not promoting this particular tyre. I am just an enthusiast in tyres, experimenting whatever new launches are available. I was just sharing on my own experience on Petlas in my earlier post but some of the postings I received as replies seems to quickly thumb down Petlas in favour of the much more favourite brands like Michelin, etc. Now I believe this forum is meant to share your experiences and not just promoting a certain product. To me, I have never said Petlas Velox Sport is a budget tyre and risking everyone to go for it. In my opinion budget tyres are Tourador and Rydanz which are popularly advertised. I will not experiment with them for reasons you and me will know. For those who keep hyping on the "must have" brands like Michelin, etc, I will just say, "to each his own". If you do not wish to try other brands and only wish to stick to your particular brand, I respect your brand loyalty. But there is no need to thumb down Petlas such that it is not even worth a "Turkish kebab", if you have not even tried it out before. I am merely stating that Petlas is a good tyre - I never say it is the best or is better than Michelin PS4S, it is a worthy tyre in the top league. Just because it is not widely advertised, if you have tried it, you will find a hidden gem. As an enthusiast, I will move on to get either Bridgestone Potenza Sport, Goodyear F1 Supersport or even Continental SportContact 7 when the sizes are locally available for my car. I have tried Petlas Velox Sport for two rounds already and I must say, I am deeply satisfied. I do not stick to any particular brands and claim they are the best. There is always other brands out there which are better - whether you make an effort to try them. 4 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Beregond Supersonic December 18, 2021 Share December 18, 2021 7 minutes ago, Sealtan said: Hi I have posted my comments on Petlas Tyres as a user. As I have mentioned in my post that I have previously been using some of the top range performance tyres like Michelin Pilot Super Sport, Toyo Proxes TIR, Brigestone Potenza S001, S007A, Goodyear Eagle F1 AS2, Yokohama Advan Sport V105, Dunlop Sport Max 050+, etc.. All these are very good tyres if not excellent. I chance upon Petlas and have been using it since. I am not promoting this particular tyre. I am just an enthusiast in tyres, experimenting whatever new launches are available. I was just sharing on my own experience on Petlas in my earlier post but some of the postings I received as replies seems to quickly thumb down Petlas in favour of the much more favourite brands like Michelin, etc. Now I believe this forum is meant to share your experiences and not just promoting a certain product. To me, I have never said Petlas Velox Sport is a budget tyre and risking everyone to go for it. In my opinion budget tyres are Tourador and Rydanz which are popularly advertised. I will not experiment with them for reasons you and me will know. For those who keep hyping on the "must have" brands like Michelin, etc, I will just say, "to each his own". If you do not wish to try other brands and only wish to stick to your particular brand, I respect your brand loyalty. But there is no need to thumb down Petlas such that it is not even worth a "Turkish kebab", if you have not even tried it out before. I am merely stating that Petlas is a good tyre - I never say it is the best or is better than Michelin PS4S, it is a worthy tyre in the top league. Just because it is not widely advertised, if you have tried it, you will find a hidden gem. As an enthusiast, I will move on to get either Bridgestone Potenza Sport, Goodyear F1 Supersport or even Continental SportContact 7 when the sizes are locally available for my car. I have tried Petlas Velox Sport for two rounds already and I must say, I am deeply satisfied. I do not stick to any particular brands and claim they are the best. There is always other brands out there which are better - whether you make an effort to try them. good point u make, but same as u say no need for other to thumb down petlas There is no need for u to thumb down other brands like Tourador also. My neighbour s300 who use Tourador, swear its as good as his previous michelin set. 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sealtan 1st Gear December 18, 2021 Share December 18, 2021 @Beregond Just to clarify, no intention of going into a protracted disagreement. You probably misunderstood my statement perceiving I have thumbed down Tourador. If I can say "to each his own" obviously I will also respect whatever tyres being used, including Tourador. I merely stated Tourador tyres are budget tyres, never did I mentioned it is not good. As for them being budget, that's a fact. I believed a set of four tyres Tourados either 19 inch or 20 inch, will cost a few hundreds instead of thousand over dollars. Good or poor in performance, I do not know as I have not tried them. Hope that clarifies. 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hamburger Hypersonic December 18, 2021 Share December 18, 2021 Well I would say most did not disparage your view nor put down petlas tyre. It's the pricing that many felt needed to be more enticing in order to attract interest. Lack of brand awareness not helping the cause either. 3 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ayaz Neutral Newbie December 24, 2021 Share December 24, 2021 hi @Shouyi , its a new brand..? Never listen it before. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now