Jump to content

Skoda Octavia RS launched in Singapore at $199,900!


Message added by BabyBlade

sgCarMart's First Drive of the OCTAVIA RS! https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=1880

Recommended Posts

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, Jumpmanz said:

@AriesGoat hey bro. Any latest news for the VRS estate launch?

Saw the 2 mk4 red sedan and estate on a trailer last week.

Hopefully those are going to the showroom , else it’s going for homogation till the cow comes home .. by then hopefully the chip shortage and coe would have drove yo 30k limit n 117k for VRS 😂 

  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2022 at 2:35 AM, Jumpmanz said:

@AriesGoat hey bro. Any latest news for the VRS estate launch?

Saw the 2 mk4 red sedan and estate on a trailer last week.

Hi @Jumpmanz, estate should be a while away. The sedan/liftback is nearing, very soon. 🤩 PM me for more information.  

Happy Lunar New Year everyone! 🍊🧧 Wishing everybody a prosperous new year! 

 

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AriesGoat said:

Hi @Jumpmanz, estate should be a while away. The sedan/liftback is nearing, very soon. 🤩 PM me for more information.  

Happy Lunar New Year everyone! 🍊🧧 Wishing everybody a prosperous new year! 

 

Hey. thanks for the update. how much is the sedan launching at?

Would hv thought they would launch it together for sedan and estate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jumpmanz said:

Hey. thanks for the update. how much is the sedan launching at?

Would hv thought they would launch it together for sedan and estate.

Hey, no worries man. Happy to share! 
Will most probably need to wait for COE to conclude next Wednesday first. 
My guess is it’s below the GTI, at around $19x,xxx. 😊

Regrettably, the Combi would have to be later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2022 at 12:03 AM, AriesGoat said:

Hey, no worries man. Happy to share! 
Will most probably need to wait for COE to conclude next Wednesday first. 
My guess is it’s below the GTI, at around $19x,xxx. 😊

Regrettably, the Combi would have to be later. 

Looks like it could list around 210k [knife]

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
7 hours ago, Jumpmanz said:

Looks like it could list around 210k [knife]

With High COE hard to sell Skoda in my opinion..

we may see the repeat of 2013/2014 where mercs/bmw flood the road

  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

With High COE hard to sell Skoda in my opinion..

we may see the repeat of 2013/2014 where mercs/bmw flood the road

Now Merc and BMW are B&B cars liao. 🤣

  • Haha! 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Internal Moderator

Looks good but can you swallow the price tag? 🤪 Full set of images available here

I think it's a harder pill to swallow now exacerbated not just by current COE prices but also in comparison to the previous RS 245's last selling price at just $141,900

But if I have 200K to spare, I'll get this over the $488K AE86 on our used car pages. Haha.

1880_5_l.thumb.jpg.3d53e89e70051cf9323ef31199f9bd1c.jpg

1880_7_l.thumb.jpg.e9fcf584f4de83cb13a1fb3e3134e0ca.jpg

1880_6_l.thumb.jpg.f4472cea1455e13f48caa11bff38738f.jpg

1880_8_l.thumb.jpg.3305cdcccdf138a31976ca196369a37d.jpg

1880_15_l.thumb.jpg.440300a0961b57db95dee430a2929463.jpg

1880_18_l.thumb.jpg.3352428cefd657035f06892f2b385c56.jpg

1880_19_l.thumb.jpg.cdfbefaae6f16b22ec5e04046103bced.jpg

1880_21_l.thumb.jpg.01d691aa88c60cfcc7ee394e8153309f.jpg

1880_23_l.thumb.jpg.3c32581134d93e85d6ce25988d04749f.jpg

1880_26_l.thumb.jpg.49a9e769368adad7fb39faa9f6038b08.jpg

1880_32_l.thumb.jpg.56ffda1bdb5303000f3b7c434a37d9b0.jpg

1880_33_l.thumb.jpg.16f31c8701a8538d998981f0e510f3d0.jpg

1880_35_l.thumb.jpg.8cc4f3ac109f48991ad6027dc375efd3.jpg

1880_36_l.thumb.jpg.fed4507832fc3941372466f5b659e969.jpg

 

  • Praise 12
  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged

😂 Once upon a time, I was sitting in a Skoda Octavia passenger seat with a friend. I keep hearing this water blobbing sound especially during braking and keep turning my head to find out what is it. When my friend noticed I keep turning my head, he commented the sound might be from the fuel tank.

😅 I keep telling my friend, of the many years I drive, I have never heard the sound of the fuel tank like this so closely although it can sound like the fuel is moving while braking. I say I find it more like at the back seat or the door.

As it is, when we manage to get out of the expressway and stop by somewhere, I open the door, bend down and remove a little rubbish like item at the bottom of the door and water start to flow out like a stream of urine for almost 2 mins. Then we know that the last 2 days of rain has caused the water to seep into the door panel and fill half of the door with water and due the the outlet blocked, it did not leak out. Haha, what a quality

  • Shocked 7
  • Haha! 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, Genes said:

The boot can carry many many Sonos soundbars home ;D

SONOS not for the boot. The Model 3 better for SONOS. Got fllatter rear seats haha.

Octavia boot and rear for your viewing pleasure.

21531_g58_b.jpg.c10744627c4d6eadd07ea42cb2e55f13.jpg

21531_g33_b.jpg.680733753a7a5df1f160c86d1e45590c.jpg

  • Praise 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

With High COE hard to sell Skoda in my opinion..

we may see the repeat of 2013/2014 where mercs/bmw flood the road

Yeah that's what I thought too. Although the new C class estate is quite a gap but offers better resale value.

Was actually looking at this since the PI launch it at 150-160k.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Looks good but can you swallow the price tag? 🤪 Full set of images available here

I think it's a harder pill to swallow now exacerbated not just by current COE prices but also in comparison to the previous RS 245's last selling price at just $141,900

But if I have 200K to spare, I'll get this over the $488K AE86 on our used car pages. Haha.

1880_5_l.thumb.jpg.3d53e89e70051cf9323ef31199f9bd1c.jpg

1880_7_l.thumb.jpg.e9fcf584f4de83cb13a1fb3e3134e0ca.jpg

1880_6_l.thumb.jpg.f4472cea1455e13f48caa11bff38738f.jpg

1880_8_l.thumb.jpg.3305cdcccdf138a31976ca196369a37d.jpg

1880_15_l.thumb.jpg.440300a0961b57db95dee430a2929463.jpg

1880_18_l.thumb.jpg.3352428cefd657035f06892f2b385c56.jpg

1880_19_l.thumb.jpg.cdfbefaae6f16b22ec5e04046103bced.jpg

1880_21_l.thumb.jpg.01d691aa88c60cfcc7ee394e8153309f.jpg

1880_23_l.thumb.jpg.3c32581134d93e85d6ce25988d04749f.jpg

1880_26_l.thumb.jpg.49a9e769368adad7fb39faa9f6038b08.jpg

1880_32_l.thumb.jpg.56ffda1bdb5303000f3b7c434a37d9b0.jpg

1880_33_l.thumb.jpg.16f31c8701a8538d998981f0e510f3d0.jpg

1880_35_l.thumb.jpg.8cc4f3ac109f48991ad6027dc375efd3.jpg

1880_36_l.thumb.jpg.fed4507832fc3941372466f5b659e969.jpg

 

My friend managed to get the MK3 at around 125k in early 2020.

That's a steal.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...