CDC Vouchers

Tkseah

5 minutes ago, RadX said:

For me is

”need a thread jus for this?!”

merged here!

There is really a lot of threads we don’t need… just look at the forum. It’s up to you. I can stop posting threads if that is your objective. 
‘my thread is not even about claiming the vouchers….

↡ Advertisement

28 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

that's the point. Even though I don't NEED the $300, I will still spend it... just because it is there. I think most people will do that, no?

I thought this voucher thing was something during the Covid where we need to encourage spending. But now inflation is crazy so why is the gov still doing this???

If you don't need the money, there is not necessity for you to spend it. There is always a better cause to direct the money to and I am sure you'll feel happy or may even share it here!

44 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

@Wind30 

You said it. If give cash, some people might save it away, but the main purpose is to spur the economy by asking people to spend. Inflation already hit in and people tend to spend less and thus affecting the economy, and thus affecting the growth, and thus affecting the ministers' KPI, and thus affecting their bonuses .........

Really?. Is now the right time to encourage more spending? All these rising interest rates is really trying to reduce spending. 
You can’t have it both ways. The quick fix for inflation is on the demand side which is what most central banks are doing. Supply side the gov usually have no direct control. 

For me the fix for inflation is ALWAYS going to be painful. You need to help the bottom people but you cannot give money to everyone else it literally do nothing but make things worse for everyone. Any assistance really need to be targeted which is what the PAP has said repeatedly...

Ideally you want the rich people not to overspend so there is more goods for the poorer people who cannot outbid the richer ones. 

Edited by Wind30

Before asking, just have to spend some time thinking deeper and  asking yourself. 

GST rebate is already in cash, so what are the reasons for giving electronic vouchers? Gov can always send physical vouchers to every households via the mail if they really wanted to waste resources. 

What does CDC stand for? Where can these vouchers be used, and what items can be purchased with these vouchers?

And then, go Google where are the areas with mostly 3 rm hdb flats, areas where income level is lower. Take a bus there, spend a day walk the area, speak to some old folks, and see and hear for yourself what is $300 to them. 

Inflation? Don't just read from papers and information you get from the Web. 

Is this a real Inflation? What is the cause of this inflation? Look into the details and break down the segments and see it for yourself. Why is the inflation and recession cycle different this time round? 

Just because the Americans are shouting inflation,  and the Europeans going on strike asking for pay rise to counter inflation means we are also facing out of the world inflation here as well. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 6

1 minute ago, Tianmo said:

Before asking, just have to spend some time thinking deeper and  asking yourself. 

GST rebate is already in cash, so what are the reasons for giving electronic vouchers? Gov can always send physical vouchers to every households via the mail if they really wanted to waste resources. 

What does CDC stand for? Where can these vouchers be used, and what items can be purchased with these vouchers?

And then, go Google where are the areas with mostly 3 rm hdb flats, areas where income level is lower. Take a bus there, spend a day walk the area, speak to some old folks, and see and hear for yourself what is $300 to them. 

Inflation? Don't just read from papers and information you get from the Web. 

Is this a real Inflation? What is the cause of this inflation? Look into the details and break down the segments and see it for yourself. Why is the inflation and recession cycle different this time round? 

Just because the Americans are shouting inflation,  and the Europeans going on strike asking for pay rise to counter inflation means we are also facing out of the world inflation here as well. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

ok, I thought your first post was very unfair that is why I did not reply. I am not advocating not helping the poor. What I am saying is just give it to the lower income people and in that case you can give them more than $300...

To me giving to everyone is really not logical. The most important word is "everyone".

1 hour ago, Hosaybo said:

If gov start not giving people like TS the voucher, he probably be starting a thread to start asking why! 😜

A case of 

“damned if you do, damned if you don’t “

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

I believe such queries best be posted in the govt feedback forum . 

sheesh… must I tell ppl whr to post things? No wonder AI can never progress… cos ppl dun use it

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Wind30 said:

ok, I thought your first post was very unfair that is why I did not reply. I am not advocating not helping the poor. What I am saying is just give it to the lower income people and in that case you can give them more than $300...

To me giving to everyone is really not logical. The most important word is "everyone".

depends on the objective when govt plan to give CDC voucher

it was a "token" for "everyone" aka the citizen to defray living cost (because GST increase 1%) and spur economy

abit of "wayang" too to make "everyone" happy ... got goodies ... good for u-know-what

when HK govt give HKD$5000 voucher ... every citizen got it ... even LI KA SHING (did he need the money?) but LKS is indeed a citizen of HK right.

then if we look at income also beh choon ... let's say Mr A salary is $10K ... sup sup water ... no need $300

Mr B also $10K salary but he got 6 mouths to feed ... did he not deserve the $300?

helping the poor is not the CDC voucher

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 6

If they want to support only lower income workers. Then they can pay more via Workfare.

https://www.workfare.gov.sg/

Acutally govt has quite a number of such subsidies etc. 

As what the others said, CDC voucher is not targeted narrowly. 

There are regular subsidies of utilities for HDB flats as well during the years i stayed in HDB. 

There is the political element to it. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 6

1 hour ago, RadX said:

A case of 

“damned if you do, damned if you don’t “

Playing a devil's advocate often enough can surely bring you a  tea session with the PM.  However, an in depth understanding of the subject and  quality thoughts must go through before even opening the mouth. At least no one knows you are superficial when you keep quiet.  [:p][laugh][laugh]

Wait ah, if gov doesn't give CDC vouchers to every household, will another gifted product start another thread " why is the gov not giving us CDC vouchers when they should concentrate on us and help us gifted ones more than anyone else?" [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

14 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

As what the others said, CDC voucher is not targeted narrowly. 

There are regular subsidies of utilities for HDB flats as well during the years i stayed in HDB. 

There is the political element to it. 

you must pay back to ah gong .... LOL

Edited by Wt_know

10 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

you must pay back to ah gong .... LOL

govt taketh with 1 hand and giveth with the other hand lor.

But the household assistance for utility bills can really be quite a lot. at least 2 months of utilities annually throughout most of my 7 years in HDB. So even though my usage is roughly similar, the difference for my utilities is in the subsidies. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

govt taketh with 1 hand and giveth with the other hand lor.

But the household assistance for utility bills can really be quite a lot. at least 2 months of utilities annually throughout most of my 7 years in HDB. So even though my usage is roughly similar, the difference for my utilities is in the subsidies. 

For me, it is enough for 1 month.

4 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I see liao, really don't know want to laugh or want to cry. 

Want to laugh is again, ppl living in their own world, thinking inside their own zone, assuming everyone is like them and so all solutions should be targeted at problems of theirs. 

Want to cry is, I see the wasted resources and time spend in the production of a gifted program. And if this gifted products run a system,  I think I will have to cry myself to my death. 

I wrote a longer reply on why vouchers over cash, why a need to circulate these monies, in addition to what is the cause of inflation here, and then deleted it, because I feel so stupid having to write simple logics. 

Hell,  I am going to offer prayer to my ancestors after I post this, to thanks them for making me and my children stupid enough to not be in a gifted program. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Already said in other threads…. Mai kong Liao. Waste breadth only. 😂

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

For me, it is enough for 1 month.

I maybe overestimating.
But some years its 1 month, some election years it's 2+ months.

I don't really keep track. But i think even the no special years, at least got 150 dollars.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, RadX said:

I believe such queries best be posted in the govt feedback forum . 

sheesh… must I tell ppl whr to post things? No wonder AI can never progress… cos ppl dun use it

Must put IC number or not? If no need to put IC number then how would govt know that their gifted program was able to produce citizens with such brilliant insights! 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4