Gaps between cars when stationary!

RadX

Saw this in fb and cannot agree more.

creates a bigger gap and thus slows traffic more.

there seems to be a larger gap between cars nowadays. More n more cars leaving gaps of 1-2 car lengths. What gives? Got ghost cars around us ah?

anyone noticed too?

10762F73-3B34-434A-89C2-8EFDE51F2BDA.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 10

Ironically on highways, when on the move, they go bumper to bumper 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Haha! 8

Supercharged

Ya these days a lot of these drivers …. Worst kind are those who leave huge gaps with car infront and hence block cars from the Turn Left  lane lo ….

Have honked at a few such cars but they just dun have awareness that they are blocking cars behind them …

• Praise 11

Twincharged

Also those that move off at a right turn arrow slowly. Or see phone and then never move off. These turn arrow on times are sometimes so short. Really inconsiderate idiots. 
encountered one such idiot and by the time i horned him and he moved, the light change red and I was stuck for another cycle. Oh boy was I pissed! 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 11
  • Haha! 1

10 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

Ya these days a lot of these drivers …. Worst kind are those who leave huge gaps with car infront and hence block cars from the Turn Left  lane lo ….

Have honked at a few such cars but they just dun have awareness that they are blocking cars behind them …

Exactly

and the fast turning lights surely leads many to miss the turn as well

• Praise 2

How about not signaling when waiting on a go straight/turn right turn lane? Met quite a few of such drivers until I gave up going into such lanes

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Lotr said:

How about not signaling when waiting on a go straight/turn right turn lane? Met quite a few of such drivers until I gave up going into such lanes

That one another thread la😂😂

• Haha! 6

Think maybe want to play safe. Nowadays a lot of cock drivers, never know when out of the blue some joker rear end you, so leave some buffer to the car in front.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, RadX said:

there seems to be a larger gap between cars nowadays. More n more cars leaving gaps of 1-2 car lengths. What gives? Got ghost cars around us ah?

anyone noticed too?

I saw a few occasions where the driver whose car has stopped with a big gap in front is looking down at phone and busy typing.

Hence, these probably want to stop quickly at traffic junction and happy that light is red.

They also likely can't be bothered to wait till car infront come to a complete stop. They just stopped. And there will be a bigger gap cos car infront will come to a complete stop further. 

That's my observation but I can't say it is so for all such incidents.

Yada-ing 

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, RadX said:

anyone noticed too?

They see a car there that you cannot see 👻

• Haha! 2

My driving instructor last time said to judge the gap as sufficient when the bottom edge of the windscreen, as seen by the driver, touches the rear wheels of the car in front. Minimum distance is when it touches the number plate [laugh]

For standard run-of-the-mill cars horr. Not those extremely lowered types or if driving van or truck.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 3

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Also those that move off at a right turn arrow slowly. Or see phone and then never move off. These turn arrow on times are sometimes so short. Really inconsiderate idiots. 
encountered one such idiot and by the time i horned him and he moved, the light change red and I was stuck for another cycle. Oh boy was I pissed! 

This one not only the driver is idiot but LTA is also idiot by setting such a short turn arrow at the traffic light. You must feedback to LTA liao? Lol. Some traffic light turn arrow indeed way too short, dont know why?

• Praise 2

37 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

They see a car there that you cannot see 👻

Yah I think so too

Sometimes gap as long as a hearse liao

↡ Advertisement