Tyre Air

Extremme

2 hours ago, yellowshaun said:

oh so just insert the sealant into the regular valve as a stop gap measure to the tyre shop? But after that how to flush out the slime?

Repair yourself with a tyre repair kit. 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

12 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Repair yourself with a tyre repair kit. 😁

I only did it 2 times. Once was in the front so it was easy to turn the wheel out and position the screw on the top. 
the next time was the rear wheel. So ya ya think that since I did the fronts how much more difficult can it be. 
What the heck, had lie on the ground and pull the stubborn screw out. Reaming the hole at this angle was also a pain. Yes, removing the wheel from the car would have made it easier but wanted a short cut. In the end, forget it. Also wanted a proper internal patch. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 4

11 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

I only did it 2 times. Once was in the front so it was easy to turn the wheel out and position the screw on the top. 
the next time was the rear wheel. So ya ya think that since I did the fronts how much more difficult can it be. 
What the heck, had lie on the ground and pull the stubborn screw out. Reaming the hole at this angle was also a pain. Yes, removing the wheel from the car would have made it easier but wanted a short cut. In the end, forget it. Also wanted a proper internal patch. 

Hahaha indeed man. The front not a problem but the rear is a PITA.

So if I have a flat, I always 🙏🏼 it’s the front. 🤣

• Haha! 1

On 11/19/2022 at 11:28 AM, Mkl22 said:

I use 2 types. A cheapie taobao one and a viair one from Amazon. 
mod course there is difference. Ultimately it is for emergency use. And the bugger better work. Viair for the win.didn’t want one which connects to the cig lighter in case the fuse blows. Direct batt connection is the best. 

Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor https://amzn.asia/d/8SMbD4G

I am also using Viair pump, I connect it to a small motorcycle lead acid battery instead of connecting it to the car 

20221120_155841.thumb.jpg.fd42fe5d45b7235576e054fc7dda216f.jpg

I also have a portable air tank for tires inflating 

51aWkcTMoBL._AC_SX425_.jpg

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

On 11/19/2022 at 5:41 PM, Atonchia said:

As long as not pump methane or hydrogen will be safe.

But the specific gravity of nitrogen and standard air is different.

How do you compensate if you use the same pressure?

You see same pressure, different specific gravity = likely different volume. 

Will you get a harder tyre when using pure nitrogen to pump the tyres? 

Say 35 psi for for nitrogen comparing with air? 

How about using Carbon Dioxide?

Which is much denser with larger molecules. Wouldn't using Carbon dioxide prevent leakage?

CO2 so heavy, will adversely affect the fuel economy! 😆

Anyway, pump N2 is pump to a certain psi, pump air also to same psi. There won't be any difference to the "hardness" of the tyres one lah! 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 11/19/2022 at 1:39 PM, Inlinefour said:

all my friends using Slime 

sealant in compressor 

21BB0021-408C-49FC-B983-782A18C31A05.jpeg

unless no choice, i wont recommended pumping the sealant into the tyres when puncture.
If can just pump up the tyres and go to tyres shop at once.
The sealant is not going to do a permanent repair. u need to do a worm repair min anw.
And when they harden inside, u gonna get problem, if u ask tyre shop to open your tyres to clean away the sealant, either they will refuse u on the spot, or demand a labour fee.

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

unless no choice, i wont recommended pumping the sealant into the tyres when puncture.
If can just pump up the tyres and go to tyres shop at once.
The sealant is not going to do a permanent repair. u need to do a worm repair min anw.
And when they harden inside, u gonna get problem, if u ask tyre shop to open your tyres to clean away the sealant, either they will refuse u on the spot, or demand a labour fee.

actually I bought from my tyre shop 🤫

• Haha! 1

On 11/19/2022 at 5:41 PM, Atonchia said:

As long as not pump methane or hydrogen will be safe.

But the specific gravity of nitrogen and standard air is different.

How do you compensate if you use the same pressure?

You see same pressure, different specific gravity = likely different volume. 

Will you get a harder tyre when using pure nitrogen to pump the tyres? 

Say 35 psi for for nitrogen comparing with air? 

How about using Carbon Dioxide?

Which is much denser with larger molecules. Wouldn't using Carbon dioxide prevent leakage?

Because nitrogen is very easy to get from normal air. the nitrogen we pump into our tyres are just air without water, or O2, its easily obtain when normal air is force through layers and layers of filters.  those machines are cheap. 

If we want to use other gas, we need to buy from compress tank prcoess from factory etc .  imagine the cost. 

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

actually I bought from my tyre shop 🤫

U ask them if u pump in when puncture, are they gonna clean up for u, or will they ask u change new tyres, 😅

if the hole is so big that it cannot even hold the air for like 30 min, i dun think the sealant is powerful enough to help??

If the puncture is very small, like every 2 day u need to pump. then why even use the sealant at all 😂

anw, thats what i feel 😅

6 minutes ago, Beregond said:

U ask them if u pump in when puncture, are they gonna clean up for u, or will they ask u change new tyres, 😅

if the hole is so big that it cannot even hold the air for like 30 min, i dun think the sealant is powerful enough to help??

If the puncture is very small, like every 2 day u need to pump. then why even use the sealant at all 😂

anw, thats what i feel 😅

because me using RFT so guess is for temporary fix only

touch wood lah 🙉🙊🙈

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

because me using RFT so guess is for temporary fix only

touch wood lah 🙉🙊🙈

Oh if u using rft, then all the more there is zero reason for u to pump in the sealant.
If there is a puncture, 90% of the time mean got foreign object like nails or screws inside the tyres, it need to be remove and patch up

The sealant is for cars with normal tyres, in some desperate cases, where the tyres cannot hold pressure to even drive home or to tyres shop, they hope the sealant can help.

If u are on rft, there is no such worry. u dun even want to come out of your car to touch all the stuff, thats why rft.😂 .

• Praise 1

34 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Oh if u using rft, then all the more there is zero reason for u to pump in the sealant.
If there is a puncture, 90% of the time mean got foreign object like nails or screws inside the tyres, it need to be remove and patch up

The sealant is for cars with normal tyres, in some desperate cases, where the tyres cannot hold pressure to even drive home or to tyres shop, they hope the sealant can help.

If u are on rft, there is no such worry. u dun even want to come out of your car to touch all the stuff, thats why rft.😂 .

Don't know leh

He said RFT can use too 🙈🙊🙉

• Praise 1

Pump sealant, if there is a puncture. Only can use worm patch which is not 100% secure. Impossible to inner patch. 
when it comes to changing tire the workshop will kpkb as they have to clear it out carefully else it will drip all over their tire changing machine. 

what sealant is good for are those classic cars with older rims which cannot seal that well after all these years. 

• Praise 1

On 11/18/2022 at 9:00 PM, Blueray said:

tired of going to petrol kiosk when tyres are still cool wanting to pump air only to find pump valve faulty or some idiot park at the air pump for toilet break or mini mart shopping.

so bought a portable pump. now can pump before I start my journey when tyres are cool. 

When are you putting up a Petrol terminal at home?

• Haha! 2

11 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

My Air Compressor & Tyre Inflator.

20221203_073346.jpg

20221203_073340.jpg

Haha I used to do the same. But noisy like hell and troublesome to wheel it out to plug in. Then need to drain the rusty water from the valve below. 
free to use petrol kiosk ones. 

↡ Advertisement