This is Why You Should NOT Fit OE Tires To Your Car!

(edited)
On 2/13/2024 at 9:14 PM, inlinesix said:

There is nothing with Bridgestone and Hankook.

Bridgestone was F1 tyre supplier.

Hankook has been supplying DTM since 2010.

These 2 tyres are not in the same league as Tourador.

I don't like Hankook even if European made. The one came with my car keep triggering ESP because cannot get full traction during rainy days if WOT pedal.

Switch to Michelin, no more such issues during rainy days.

Edited by Ceecookie
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 2/16/2024 at 1:05 PM, Ceecookie said:

I don't like Hankook even if European made. The one came with my car keep triggering ESP because cannot get full traction during rainy days if WOT pedal.

IMHO.
In rain,  tyres usually default back to their cold tyre pressure - grip may be compromised. 
Of course if tyre originally not good enough, it never will be. 

• Praise 1

Which model?

unless ur car is a boogartee or some special car need special tyres, OE tyres always sucks, at least for me, for the way i drive. 

OE tyres for most cars are there for economy. the ones that came with my subaru is all terrain and squeaks and slip whenever i do hard cornering. 

many years back i had the hankook ventus and i remember them being very good performance tyres. 

• Shocked 1

Twincharged

Your Car must be a Powerful BMW like M340i.?

Used to have hankook V12 evo on my Legacy GT 2.5T awd... I will say pretty good for the price... No esp triggered

• Praise 2

(edited)
On 2/16/2024 at 1:37 PM, inlinesix said:

Which model?

It was the Hankook Kinergy Eco 2, OEM made in Hungary. 

My car is only a basic 1.4T turbo, yet it had trouble handling the torque. So it didnt really gave me confidence in that brand. 

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 2

On 2/16/2024 at 3:23 PM, ER-3682 said:

Your Car must be a Powerful BMW like M340i.?

Haha you flatter me. I drive a basic 1.4T car now, nothing to shout about.

On 2/16/2024 at 10:36 PM, Ceecookie said:

It was the Hankook Kinergy Eco 2.

My car is only a basic 1.4T turbo, yet it had trouble handling the torque. So it didnt really gave me confidence in that brand. 

Looking at the name.

I am guessing it is a tyre for fuel efficiency.

It is not to handle turbo torque.

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Fitting OE (Original Equipment) tires to your car might seem like the easy choice, but here's why you might want to think twice: they're often optimized for specific characteristics like cost or fuel efficiency, rather than overall performance. Opting for aftermarket tires tailored to your driving needs can often provide better grip, handling, and durability, enhancing your driving experience and safety.

• Praise 2

On 2/26/2024 at 2:32 AM, joeolatunji said:

Fitting OE (Original Equipment) tires to your car might seem like the easy choice, but here's why you might want to think twice: they're often optimized for specific characteristics like cost or fuel efficiency, rather than overall performance. Opting for aftermarket tires tailored to your driving needs can often provide better grip, handling, and durability, enhancing your driving experience and safety.

IMHO.
OE tyre also matches to the suspension setup.  I have an experience where I deviate from OE requiring semi-sport tyres and match with comfort tyres - too bouncy. 
I have a dilemma now on whether to deviate from comfort/eco tyres to sportier tyres - better grip but at the expense of harsher ride, FC and suspension longevity. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

what about opting for Non RFT tyres when the OE tyres are RFT....Any impact to suspension and comfort level?

I am thinking to switch out my RFT to Non RFT but keep putting it off as I do travel to Msia pretty often..

Twincharged
On 2/26/2024 at 9:08 AM, Spidey10 said:

what about opting for Non RFT tyres when the OE tyres are RFT....Any impact to suspension and comfort level?

I am thinking to switch out my RFT to Non RFT but keep putting it off as I do travel to Msia pretty often..

I already doing it..since my Car rolled out from AD,better Comfort,FC & Grip.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
On 2/26/2024 at 8:07 AM, Kklee said:

IMHO.
OE tyre also matches to the suspension setup.  I have an experience where I deviate from OE requiring semi-sport tyres and match with comfort tyres - too bouncy. 
I have a dilemma now on whether to deviate from comfort/eco tyres to sportier tyres - better grip but at the expense of harsher ride, FC and suspension longevity. 

Reduce your Tyre's Pressure.

On 2/26/2024 at 9:08 AM, Spidey10 said:

Going by logic, non-RFTs have softer sidewalls, so you will have a more comfortable ride.

Supercharged
On 2/26/2024 at 9:28 AM, Beehive3783 said:

Going by logic, non-RFTs have softer sidewalls, so you will have a more comfortable ride.

On 2/26/2024 at 9:14 AM, ER-3682 said:

I already doing it..since my Car rolled out from AD,better Comfort,FC & Grip.

So is a no brainer ha....:yeah-im-not-drunk:....i am just worried about a puncture whilst in Msia...hahaah

Twincharged
On 2/26/2024 at 9:31 AM, Spidey10 said:

So is a no brainer ha....:yeah-im-not-drunk:....i am just worried about a puncture whilst in Msia...hahaah

Then Good Luck to you.

• Haha! 2

On 2/26/2024 at 9:31 AM, Spidey10 said:

See if your boot has space for a spare wheel or not. Bring it along when you go Malaysia.

I have been winging it without a properly inflated spare wheel for 6 years now. Why? Because that spare wheel is more than 10 years old. I wouldn't dare to use it even if properly inflated. It's a donut tyre so it's almost impossible to find a new replacement anyway (or it will be hideously expensive).

What i do is, i carry a tyre inflator with me. For slow leaks, just keep inflating the tyre regularly until you get to a tyre shop.

Of course, if it is a blowout situation, nothing much you can do. Therefore timely replacement of tyres every 5 years is recommended, regardless of remaining thread depth.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3