Jump to content

2026 Volvo EX60 BEV


Carbon82
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/3/2026 at 7:41 AM, Knighthunter said:

@Lethalstrike 

Saw CLA EV with this LED light it remind me of chingay/hearse when the light flashing ...really distasteful not classy at all

For Volvo, I owned once and will never ever buy it again.......

It's going to take another generation for Mercedes to revamp their latest design language. 

What happened with your Volvo? 😄

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2026 at 9:55 AM, Lethalstrike said:

It's going to take another generation for Mercedes to revamp their latest design language. 

What happened with your Volvo? 😄

It was FL XC60 first Gen T5 FWD……engine powerful but match with poor handling. Aisin 8 Speed GB is very poor at low speed hard to have the car at crawl speed… at least I owned once brand that remind me of 740 belong to my uncle when I was teen. Once is enough.

  • Haha! 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
On 9/3/2026 at 11:09 AM, Knighthunter said:

It was FL XC60 first Gen T5 FWD……engine powerful but match with poor handling. Aisin 8 Speed GB is very poor at low speed hard to have the car at crawl speed… at least I owned once brand that remind me of 740 belong to my uncle when I was teen. Once is enough.

No one buys wowo for handling. FWD hatchback on stilts some more..... 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supersonic
On 9/3/2026 at 11:48 AM, Volvobrick said:

No one buys wowo for handling. FWD hatchback on stilts some more..... 

drove the 1996 960 for a bit. RWD handling was atrocious. understeer like crazy even at low speeds and cornering harder you get the steering twitching as you apply lock while adding power. nice to play but oh boy was it crappy. 😁

the inline6 was decent enough.

  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The 3rd facelift XC60 look much better than the new EX60, imo. According to Volvo, the front and rear has been fully redesigned to modernize this 10 year old model.

3b2b308a-9b9a-40ec-825c-8304aa0b154b.jpg

bbc9da42-8cd8-4d44-ae84-8f82fe709ec3.jpg

eeb4af2c-612a-4383-9d07-c934ce5e787f.jpg

287fa01a-57a9-4390-a5f2-327a8c8fae0f.jpg

9bd884d8-9a2f-43ac-9eaf-fcf355368e69.jpg

86191673-eea0-4e65-9ebc-3fbd881e25e9.jpg

c5ca5043-4e5d-47e3-9edd-830c019096d3.jpg

cea3e118-0be3-4952-a406-2458f2feeae9.jpg

49587d75-0b37-48eb-a57c-08fd932f2147.jpg

ca3794a6-143d-4db2-a775-75f37d8c0cdb.jpg

1023a771-1997-4f1f-bb95-93d8f0e67d37.jpg

bfc6f5de-dabb-410b-8d6e-2aa186b18fef.jpg

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2026 at 11:55 AM, Carbon82 said:

The 3rd facelift XC60 look much better than the new EX60, imo. According to Volvo, the front and rear has been fully redesigned to modernize this 10 year old model.

3b2b308a-9b9a-40ec-825c-8304aa0b154b.jpg

bbc9da42-8cd8-4d44-ae84-8f82fe709ec3.jpg

eeb4af2c-612a-4383-9d07-c934ce5e787f.jpg

287fa01a-57a9-4390-a5f2-327a8c8fae0f.jpg

9bd884d8-9a2f-43ac-9eaf-fcf355368e69.jpg

86191673-eea0-4e65-9ebc-3fbd881e25e9.jpg

c5ca5043-4e5d-47e3-9edd-830c019096d3.jpg

cea3e118-0be3-4952-a406-2458f2feeae9.jpg

49587d75-0b37-48eb-a57c-08fd932f2147.jpg

ca3794a6-143d-4db2-a775-75f37d8c0cdb.jpg

1023a771-1997-4f1f-bb95-93d8f0e67d37.jpg

bfc6f5de-dabb-410b-8d6e-2aa186b18fef.jpg

If its not broke, don't fix it too much. The plug in version gained a much bigger battery for up to 200km of pure electric range which is interesting. 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2026 at 11:57 AM, Lethalstrike said:

If its not broke, don't fix it too much. The plug in version gained a much bigger battery for up to 200km of pure electric range which is interesting. 

The electric range of the 2028 XC60 should be around 120Km (200Km is for the 2028 XC90), but still much better than the current model (~50km iirc).

As a XC60 owner, the "minor" tweaks in the 3rd facelift are rather obvious and mostly useful. Take for example the transmission tunnel at the rear, the current model is more of a 4 seater than 5, and the 2nd row climate control has been missing since day 1 due to the electronic and battery arrangements for the T8 PHEV variant.

2021-volvo-xc60-recharge-t8-awd-inscript

For the uninformed, this is the rear of a non-PHEV variant (i.e. T5/T6/B5/B6)

img965037431-1503524353900.jpg

And this is the 2028 PHEV, which is so much functional (just like my T6).

Screenshot_20260919_100005_com_google_android_youtube_MainActivity.jpg

I shall let the video do the talking about what has been changed. I am tempted for sure...

 

On 9/17/2026 at 12:10 PM, mersaylee said:

MHEV, PHEV, BEV...🥴

Not much longer for me to hold onto wowo pure ice...😂 

We have no choice, as pure ICE will not be allowed for registration come 2030.

Btw, MHEV is pure bullsh*t in my opinion, add some weight to the car without returning any real world benefits to the FC. In this aspect, I have to say Toyota HEV is one of the best, if not already the best.

PHEV on the other hand is for those who want to try EV, but have concerns with long distance driving. The new T8 look good on paper, and theoretically, one can enjoy full EV performance as long as you travel <100 km and charge your car daily.

  • Praise 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2026 at 10:38 AM, Carbon82 said:

The electric range of the 2028 XC60 should be around 120Km (200Km is for the 2028 XC90), but still much better than the current model (~50km iirc).

As a XC60 owner, the "minor" tweaks in the 3rd facelift are rather obvious and mostly useful. Take for example the transmission tunnel at the rear, the current model is more of a 4 seater than 5, and the 2nd row climate control has been missing since day 1 due to the electronic and battery arrangements for the T8 PHEV variant.

2021-volvo-xc60-recharge-t8-awd-inscript

For the uninformed, this is the rear of a non-PHEV variant (i.e. T5/T6/B5/B6)

img965037431-1503524353900.jpg

And this is the 2028 PHEV, which is so much functional (just like my T6).

Screenshot_20260919_100005_com_google_android_youtube_MainActivity.jpg

 

I shall let the video do the talking about what has been changed. I am tempted for sure...

 

We have no choice, as pure ICE will not be allowed for registration come 2030.

Btw, MHEV is pure bullsh*t in my opinion, add some weight to the car without returning any real world benefits to the FC. In this aspect, I have to say Toyota HEV is one of the best, if not already the best.

PHEV on the other hand is for those who want to try EV, but have concerns with long distance driving. The new T8 look good on paper, and theoretically, one can enjoy full EV performance as long as you travel <100 km and charge your car daily.

Holy sheet...the T8 PHEV is ridiculously powerful for what is essentially an SUV marketed for the families rather than driving dynamics. But, you still pay normal 2.0L $1.2k per year road tax which is way lower than a BEV giving the same power. If I can charge everyday and it provides a real world range of 100km for the battery alone, its already very usable on a daily basis. Probably I could get by with charging once every 2 days of daily commuting. 

 

image.png.c98e825e20d9e3e1b801c3f2fa4ff848.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
On 9/19/2026 at 10:47 AM, Lethalstrike said:

Holy sheet...the T8 PHEV is ridiculously powerful for what is essentially an SUV marketed for the families rather than driving dynamics. But, you still pay normal 2.0L $1.2k per year road tax which is way lower than a BEV giving the same power. If I can charge everyday and it provides a real world range of 100km for the battery alone, its already very usable on a daily basis. Probably I could get by with charging once every 2 days of daily commuting. 

 

image.png.c98e825e20d9e3e1b801c3f2fa4ff848.png

 

Greedy AD wants a margin of 120k...Crazy.  I am more tempted to look at the Subaru. Fasterer, cheaperer (even after extra road tax), simpler. Maybe go see this afternoon. 

Edited by Volvobrick
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2026 at 11:04 AM, Volvobrick said:

Greedy AD wants a margin of 120k...Crazy.  I am more tempted to look at the Subaru. Fasterer, cheaperer (even after extra road tax), simpler. Maybe go see this afternoon. 

You got the margin estimate from SGCM's basic cost estimation?

IIRC, from my Volvo sales consultant, the current XC60 T8 has at least a $60k discount from $370k. If its $370k nobody will buy this car la. 

image.png.4c7213dadcb30452f846f3db5202d309.png

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2026 at 10:47 AM, Lethalstrike said:

Holy sheet...the T8 PHEV is ridiculously powerful for what is essentially an SUV marketed for the families rather than driving dynamics. But, you still pay normal 2.0L $1.2k per year road tax which is way lower than a BEV giving the same power. If I can charge everyday and it provides a real world range of 100km for the battery alone, its already very usable on a daily basis. Probably I could get by with charging once every 2 days of daily commuting. 

 

image.png.c98e825e20d9e3e1b801c3f2fa4ff848.png

 

That's exactly why I am tempted when I read spec. For me, daily charging is required to make full use of the electric range. And you nailed the road tax part. Road tax for BEV with similar performance will be easily >$5K per year.

Before I got my T6, there was a unit or two T8 on sales in sgcarmart and depreciation is not too far off. What stops me was the short pure electric range, long charging time (>5 hour for such a small battery ) and the greatest concerns of all, the big and tall transmission tunnel at the rear as I posted earlier.

Look like a recipe make perfect after a decade. But with escalating COE and vehicle taxes (including VES surcharge), I might not be willing to part my hard earned cash for one anymore... [:(]

 

On 9/19/2026 at 11:04 AM, Volvobrick said:

Greedy AD wants a margin of 120k...Crazy. 

I will always remember what a Wearnes SE once told me, "Mr. xxx, with limited COE supply, we go for quality (customer) instead of quantity."

I will go resale if I am getting another Volvo. Let the "quality" customer go enjoy the new car smell at the expense of >30% of the car price.

  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2026 at 11:21 AM, Carbon82 said:

That's exactly why I am tempted when I read spec. For me, daily charging is required to make full use of the electric range. And you nailed the road tax part. Road tax for BEV with similar performance will be easily >$5K per year.

Before I got my T6, there was a unit or two T8 on sales in sgcarmart and depreciation is not too far off. What stops me was the short pure electric range, long charging time (>5 hour for such a small battery ) and the greatest concerns of all, the big and tall transmission tunnel at the rear as I posted earlier.

Look like a recipe make perfect after a decade. But with escalating COE and vehicle taxes (including VES surcharge), I might not be willing to part my hard earned cash for one anymore... [:(]

 

I will always remember what a Wearnes SE once told me, "Mr. xxx, with limited COE supply, we go for quality (customer) instead of quantity."

I will go resale if I am getting another Volvo. Let the "quality" customer go enjoy the new car smell at the expense of >30% of the car price.

If im not wrong, T8 has 2 battery versions as well.

The 1st gen T8 is about 11 kWh with 3 kW AC charging, good for only 30-40km range which to me is practically useless.

The current one is about 18 kWh with 6 kW AC charging, good for about 70km range, okay-ish but still not quite good enough. 

This incoming with 41 kWh and 11 kW AC charging, should be at least 100km+ range easily in real world. But the car's weight went up by 150kg 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...