Recommendation for good mechanic

Phluvcat

Anyone got good reliable mechanic to recommend please PM me thanks.

Ever since my radiator burst few months back, been having all sorts of problems.

I have since done the following:

top overhaul

changed TPS few times (error few times point to that), coolant temp sensor, map sensor, dunno what other sensor

change clutch pad

change starter

change fuel pump

knock convertor

change distributor

etc, etc...

Generally is the lack of power, the choking feeling when you wanna load the engine.

Past weeks experience erratic throttle response, step a bit no response step harder suddenly snap back, this continues until check light comes on. Numerous times check light come on and high fuel consumption (and generally still lack power)

Down to past few days, still lack power, temp gauge stay almost at C.

Went to mech this morning, now temp gauge shows normal reading but lack of power especially and throttling not equivalent to speed change especially under load such as uphill. Step harder speed barely increase. Engine sounds really muted but when free clutch throttle sound ok.

In between all these went mech a lot of times to troubleshoot.

Now just wanna second opinion or I just scrap the bloody car, no longer a joy driving, its not even moving people A to B, its like I am moving the car from A to B instead, like everyday nursing an old man and dunno when he will die.

[dead]

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Ever since my radiator burst few months back, been having all sorts of problems.

top overhaul

changed TPS few times (error few times point to that), coolant temp sensor, map sensor, dunno what other sensor

change clutch pad

change starter

change fuel pump

knock convertor

change distributor

etc, etc...

Generally is the lack of power, the choking feeling when you wanna load the engine.

Past weeks experience erratic throttle response, step a bit no response step harder suddenly snap back, this continues until check light comes on. Numerous times check light come on and high fuel consumption (and generally still lack power)

Went to mech this morning, now temp gauge shows normal reading but lack of power especially and throttling not equivalent to speed change especially under load such as uphill. Step harder speed barely increase. Engine sounds really muted but when free clutch throttle sound ok.

Now just wanna second opinion or I just scrap the bloody car, no longer a joy driving, its not even moving people A to B, its like I am moving the car from A to B instead, like everyday nursing an old man and dunno when he will die.

[dead]

Thanks in advance.

...Hmm..change car..imo

...Hmm..change car..imo

first...got gum zeng with the car...not easy to let go...served me well all these years.

second...actually intended to renew COE, until all these issues suddenly just cropped up, wanna save it if possible.

finally, if scrap I will probably use BMW (bus, MRT, walk).

at the moment, the likelihood will be BMW...hahaha

Sry to hear that, but u Mind if I ask, how did radiator burst? No previous signs of leakage, mild overheating before coming to this? I've no very fantastic mech to rec though.

Sry to hear that, but u Mind if I ask, how did radiator burst? No previous signs of leakage, mild overheating before coming to this? I've no very fantastic mech to rec though.

Yeah, how radiator burst? The water pump too strong then cause over pressure?

Eh bro if you stay in the east can try Kaizen Autowerkz at Bartley biz center, kaki bukit there...very experienced and professional crew...so far the best I've encountered, even better than AD...hope that helps....car got issue very disturbing one....cannot slp well at night...for me lah...lol

top overhaul

change clutch pad

change starter

change fuel pump

knock convertor

change distributor

etc, etc...

[dead]

Thanks in advance.

what brand?

conti or jap?

maybe you need to find a specalist workshop?

And I almost forgot

one less bidder for COE can only help bring the price down for the rest of us.

All bros and sis that think TS should BWM please let him or her know.

:D

If TS really wants to repair

I can PM him my WS.

My mechanic promised to charge him extra

and pass me the difference.

There is NO such thing as good or bad mechanic, only cheap & reasonable one, those who charge cheap and reasonable hardly sustain business flow, those who charge ex are only optimising their overhead and labour,

Go Johore, I know one Old mechanic runs with his Son, only labour so cheap tt I faint, ( Unbelievably RM20.00/ ) for EO & filter change. Hahaha !!

There is NO such thing as good or bad mechanic, only cheap & reasonable one, those who charge cheap and reasonable hardly sustain business flow, those who charge ex are only optimising their overhead and labour,

Go Johore, I know one Old mechanic runs with his Son, only labour so cheap tt I faint, ( Unbelievably RM20.00/ ) for EO & filter change. Hahaha !!

RM20 for EO and fliter change?

Thats expensive, I only pay RM13

and thats high to me cos I used to only pay

RM10.

↡ Advertisement