MAZDA 6

Voxy28

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Cheong72 said:

the list is a joke!!! especially the price difference between 10k and 20k where the only difference is aircon filter and inspection of front and rear ball joints with an additional of $149!!!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

@ER-3682 

Last year they gt promo for mazda 6 service package.

I bought the 30k, 40k, 50k, 60k, 70k servicing package + warranty extension for $2470. IMHO, its worth it.

image.png.641345ae3c2b060ad89b93e32a7bcb75.png

• Praise 3

Any bros or sisters out there managed to improve the sound proofing of Mazda 6. 

please share what you have done. Thanks lots

So an update for CarLinKit - it doesn't like heat, and will stutter and eventually crash. I learned this putting it in the centre console bin and covering it with stuff. So now I have it laid on top but still in the bin, and its a little happier.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I just  upgrade to a 2020 Mazda 6 2.0 Executive Sedan last week from Mazda 3 B.M and checking in this forum to understand more about the Mazda 6.

1) I realize the car aircon is quite weak during the day and I am wondering if this is normal?

2) And since the car is still under warranty, what are the common things that spoil easily and must try to get it change while it still under warranty?

3) Just realize the apply carplay is plug in and beside what bro R32 recommend CarLinKit to do wireless carplay and other device to do that?

4) I realize to do a map update it cost some $300+ for 3 years of subscription, is there anyway to get around this?

Thank you all.

4th Gear
1 hour ago, vincentk8 said:

I just  upgrade to a 2020 Mazda 6 2.0 Executive Sedan last week from Mazda 3 B.M and checking in this forum to understand more about the Mazda 6.

1) I realize the car aircon is quite weak during the day and I am wondering if this is normal?

2) And since the car is still under warranty, what are the common things that spoil easily and must try to get it change while it still under warranty?

3) Just realize the apply carplay is plug in and beside what bro R32 recommend CarLinKit to do wireless carplay and other device to do that?

4) I realize to do a map update it cost some $300+ for 3 years of subscription, is there anyway to get around this?

Thank you all.

1) My SE said to set it to 22 degrees if you expect 24 degrees. Try that.

2) Nothing much except the front end roll bar links that creak once when leaving your MSCP or when they’re wet. 

3) An update on the CarLinKit situation. I found that it was Waze that was a resource hog and buffering the device out. It’s better if I use Apple or Google Maps.

4) You get one free map update from new. Otherwise once you’re on CarPlay or Android Auto, the onboard maps are pretty irrelevant 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, vincentk8 said:

Thank you all.

Congrats on the new ride.

1. Not sure why but new Mazdas need to set air con much lower as compared to BM/BN Mazda3. Just set it to 2-3 degrees lower than what you’re used to and it should work.

2. The usual suspects, side mirrors auto close motor, control arm bushings.. You can always sent it back 6 months prior warranty ends for them to have a thorough check, they did so for my previous ride

3. I’d recommend sticking to wired CarPlay/Android Auto if it isnt wireless from factory.. too much hassle to convert, results may not be as good and also uses much more phone battery

4. The only good thing about the built-in maps are the speed limit information and integration with the HUD. Otherwise, CarPlay/AA is much more reliable with live traffic info. The last I tried a few years back, no way to get around having to pay for the map updates

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, vincentk8 said:

Thank you all.

@vincentk8Congratulations to you!😀

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

My start/stop button is blinking orange even after I started the car.

May i ask if anyone encounter the same issue before? What's the problem

Kindly advise...

Twincharged
6 hours ago, Skywire said:

Hi All,

My start/stop button is blinking orange even after I started the car.

May i ask if anyone encounter the same issue before? What's the problem

Kindly advise...

Maybe Battery Dying soon,how old is your Battery.?

Twincharged
10 hours ago, Skywire said:

@ER-3682 less than a year only....I did a battery check last month at AD and it was all good

Then go for a long Drive with Aircon Off.

Neutral Newbie

TEK diagnosed the problem to the faulty start/stop cable and have replaced it. I will monitor again. Thanks.

• Praise 1

Dear bros, 

Need some recommendations. 

1. Where to find / how to know our vehicle model/code to buy parts and assessories like cabin and engine filter.

My M6 is the current model with the chrome brows beneath the front headlights.

2. Any shops to recommend for cabin and engine filter, brake pads?

3. How much for the the above items?

↡ Advertisement