I40 wagon

Huat138

Twincharged

I find that Hyundai designers have been too liberal with their carving knife during the design stage, there are simply too much creases and lines on the car body.

I have doubts on Hyundai built quality as the car ages. The taxi Sonata has shown that the interior panels make a lot of noise and the sound proofing deteriorates after some times on the road. Anyway, time will tell since this is a new car.

Creaking inside the interior after a few years is actually quite a common problem. Went I was scouting for a second hand car many of the 3 series BMWs and Merc C class I tested also had certain parts creaking. Not sure about the more expensive conti cars though.

↡ Advertisement

At the current COE price, dont think i40 can priced at 99K. [rolleyes] Even a 2.0L car now also sell as high as 130K!

Change the engine to 1.6L T. Can save $20k. Maybe can sell at $99k.

had a ride in a Merc E Class taxi the other day.

cabbie told me the car almost 7 years - about to scrap - and already past 1 million kms mileage! - odo already maxed out, can't register anymore km!

the car was still good ... suspension a bit worn but car was still comfortable and there wasn't much extra noises

but surely value for money, better looking than japanese right?

someone said this before.

Good exterior looking is for others to see...

Reliability issue is exclusively for the owner...

haiz... pay money to suffer.. and let others enjoy. [laugh]

I find that Hyundai designers have been too liberal with their carving knife during the design stage, there are simply too much creases and lines on the car body.

I have doubts on Hyundai built quality as the car ages. The taxi Sonata has shown that the interior panels make a lot of noise and the sound proofing deteriorates after some times on the road. Anyway, time will tell since this is a new car.

you can't blame the car quality for so many hours on the road driven by mad drivers.

well, I used to have a hyundai family saloon and no deterioration in quality of any sort after traveling more than 120k km. I am now convinced of hyundai's quality. ^_^

Edited by GrandCruiser

Neutral Newbie

Quite expensive for a korean but the build quality and refinement should be able to justify the premium. Feedback in Europe are generally positive and the car impress many European journalists.

The price is never right for a Korean make. Too expensive I must say. I think the Koreans are still trying too overly hard to make their design distinctive, take the D-pillar as example, what harm does it make by making the window crease flow nicely instead of punching in and disrupt the smooth flow? But I must say the interior is a very nice effort though, got a premium feel to it.

Change the engine to 1.6L T. Can save $20k. Maybe can sell at $99k.

True, if the car is 1.6L, price should be cheaper a lot. But this i40 comes with 1.6L, will it be underpower?

Indeed the price is quite steep in current COE climate, i reckon the main disadvantages are, price, lack of power from the 2L engine and lastly the badge.

Other than these, this car is pretty impressive in term of the equipment list and also the styling.

That price is for guaranteed COE.

Minus $10k for 6-bid non-guaranteed.

So the actual price starts from $140,999.

Maybe have special pre-launch price as well??

There's also the i40 sedan, but looks darn obiang and ugly, especially from the rear.

I've sat in the i40 Wagon in the showroom. Interior build is like the i45 Sonata sedan. Rear seat space a bit tight, thanks to the lack of footspace under front seats.

But it's a stunning looking estate though.

I noticed on KMC website, the engine cc for the i40 is 1999cc instead of the i45's 1998cc. The i40 could be using the 2.0GDi engine, which produces 178bhp/6,500rpm, and 220Nm@4,700rpm.

Edited by Proton_neutron

Turbocharged

scary price.. i think local AD Komoco priced it too high.. can top up $$ buy volvo V60...

Err, A V60 is about $180k +/- the last time I checked.(10 days ago).

This is the normal price, not the 10yrs, high interest, cash rebate price.

Topped up about $30k????

More ppl will bite at 130k thereabouts as is the K5 and I45... 150k is too pricey...Even the 2.0 Civic might be priced slightly lower than this price maybe ard 145k and that said the Civic has a higher OMV... This kimchi most prob huighest OMV is 20k nia...