Jump to content

Tailgaters


Philipkee
 Share

Recommended Posts

If the funeral includes my own and that of my passengers, also my fault for driving at the posted speed limit??

 

Mine you, my encounter was on a Sunday afternoon, traffic was moderate and definately not conditions where one can travel at 120+ safely (if we disregard traffic laws).

 

I will not call what I did road hogging since I did not impede anyone else, even the speeding driver since he did not even get held up by me for a second, but he chose to dice with fate and undertake in a dangerous manner, "to teach me a lesson".

 

I learnt a lesson? What lesson should I learn? You want to teach me a lesson?

"Run one side" whenever I see a BMW coming is it?

Easy to be a keyboard hero here.

 

Hi Bro, if what you have depicted is true to the letter, you have my support. You do not sound like the road hogger type in my opinion. I think what you have done is pretty reasonable. Continue to drive safe.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do people like to tailgate me when I am travelling at 90 km/ hr one lane one on an expressway when it is obvious that there is a speed camera in front?

 

sigh..... [bigcry]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic

Hi

 

In the name of safety and "payback" I would advice you to

 

1) move over safely to the middle lane.

2) let the tailgater accelerate thru the camera [:p]

 

It happened to me just on Sunday night, I was travelling on the BKE towards the camera when a J plate car started to tailgate me as I eased off the accelerator to avoid triggering the camera. NVM, I signalled left and moved over as he accelerated thru... sure enough, I saw the trademark flash as he went pass the camera at around 110-120km/h [laugh]

 

There are many keyboard heroes here who like to label others as road hoggers, learn to ignore them and their nonsense.

Nature has a good way of taking care of tailgaters.

 

Cheers

What is it like to be tailgated?

 

I have never been tailgated.

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Road hogger always think that he/her is a saint by keeping within speed limit. FYI lane 1 is not your comfort lane, it is for overtaking. if you want comfort, take a taxis.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Thank you & may you have many safe journeys ahead [:)]

Cheers

 

Hi Bro, if what you have depicted is true to the letter, you have my support. You do not sound like the road hogger type in my opinion. I think what you have done is pretty reasonable. Continue to drive safe.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The tolerance for analog speed cam is higher.

 

Next time try test the digital speed cam.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

YAWN [:p]

 

Let me guess, are you going to tell me now about your super duper twin-turbo & super charged engine with nitrous?

That's why you never get tailgated cos whoever is behind you "smell no smoke"? [laugh]

 

Frankly, I have tailgated people so that they give way before (some genius travelling at 60km/h on lane 1, lane 2 full of cars going 80~90km/h, yah that I agree is a road hog).

 

I only drive a normal NA car, guess I am forever doomed to get tailgated [;)]

 

What is it like to be tailgated?

 

I have never been tailgated.

 

:D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bro, if what you have depicted is true to the letter, you have my support. You do not sound like the road hogger type in my opinion. I think what you have done is pretty reasonable. Continue to drive safe.

Some fast drivers don't have the patience or time to wait for the cars in front to move over for them to pass, they just blast pass the fronts cars from the left in split seconds and are gone before the others realize what has happened! If they do it safely and not give others a fright, it's ok for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic

YAWN [:p]

 

Let me guess, are you going to tell me now about your super duper twin-turbo & super charged engine with nitrous?

That's why you never get tailgated cos whoever is behind you "smell no smoke"? [laugh]

No because if I see a car coming up fast behind me

 

before they come near me,

 

I move to the middle lane.

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic

YAWN [:p]

 

 

Frankly, I have tailgated people so that they give way before (some genius travelling at 60km/h on lane 1, lane 2 full of cars going 80~90km/h, yah that I agree is a road hog).

No point tailgating people

 

if they have to brake

 

you have no time to react

 

and its straight up their backside.

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic

YAWN [:p]

 

 

Frankly, I have tailgated people so that they give way before (some genius travelling at 60km/h on lane 1, lane 2 full of cars going 80~90km/h, yah that I agree is a road hog).

 

I only drive a normal NA car, guess I am forever doomed to get tailgated [;)]

If you don't like being hogged why do you brag about doing it?

 

Being tailgated is not because you drive a normal NA car,

 

I drive a normal NA, most people drive normal NA cars,

 

its about refusing to let a faster car pass.

 

:D

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic

YAWN [:p]

 

 

Frankly, I have tailgated people so that they give way before (some genius travelling at 60km/h on lane 1, lane 2 full of cars going 80~90km/h, yah that I agree is a road hog).

 

I only drive a normal NA car, guess I am forever doomed to get tailgated [;)]

Why do you brag about road hogging when

 

you are really a tailgater?

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Wah breakdown into so many posts ah, so difficult to answer, anyway here goes [;)]

 

If I see the car behind me coming up fast, and there is space on my left, I will naturely signal and move over, no ego problem for me to do so :mellow:

 

However, do consider a situation where the car coming up behind you is going much faster than you, say you are already doing 100-110 and he is doing 150-160? He is closing down on your rear at 50-60km/h, question, will you move left or wait to see if he swings and passes on your left? You have about 2-3 seconds to think, what would you have done?

 

Cheers

 

No because if I see a car coming up fast behind me

 

before they come near me,

 

I move to the middle lane.

 

:D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Some road hogs are really one kind.... they can really drive as if its their grandfather's road. worse still sometimes the car behind me thinks I am the one holding up traffic [:p]

 

When I tailgate on the road, I still leave some cushion for myself to brake, go close to his rear then back off to gain some braking distance let him know he is holding up traffic.

 

Frankly I am more worried about the car behind me not being able to stop in time actually, having good well maintained brakes helps here I guess.

 

No point tailgating people

 

if they have to brake

 

you have no time to react

 

and its straight up their backside.

 

:D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I will explain why I brag about being a "road hog" here [:p]

 

Actually, knowing most tailgaters, they take extra pleasure in sticking to the rear of not-so-normal cars...

 

Like I said before, I have no problem letting a faster car pass, but I was labeled a road hog by some people here.

They take such a holier than thou & self rightous attitude in labelling others, without reflecting on the danger posted by their speeding in inappropriate situations.

Since the words road hog pisses them off so much, I shall wear it like a badge of honor, just to piss these people off :D

 

Cheers

 

If you don't like being hogged why do you brag about doing it?

 

Being tailgated is not because you drive a normal NA car,

 

I drive a normal NA, most people drive normal NA cars,

 

its about refusing to let a faster car pass.

 

:D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

You are very smart ^_^ I like!

 

Frankly, I don't like to tailgate but I would if I have to.

 

Considering my background and what I really drive in real life, I would rather be labeled a road hog rather than something else [laugh]

 

Cheers

 

Why do you brag about road hogging when

 

you are really a tailgater?

 

:D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

YAWN [:p]

 

Let me guess, are you going to tell me now about your super duper twin-turbo & super charged engine with nitrous?

That's why you never get tailgated cos whoever is behind you "smell no smoke"? [laugh]

 

Frankly, I have tailgated people so that they give way before (some genius travelling at 60km/h on lane 1, lane 2 full of cars going 80~90km/h, yah that I agree is a road hog).

 

I only drive a normal NA car, guess I am forever doomed to get tailgated [;)]

 

pls la bro ... i drive double TC also tio tail gaters le ... i would say 95% of the time, i give way to tail gater or i notice them coming up and quickly siam. its not about the car in SG bro, but the mentality. giving way is a difficult thing to do in SG it seems. today i was driving along a single lane with a side filter lane and one poor van waiting to merge. behind me .. at least 30 cars ... first 6-7 guys never give way le ... so i give way la. whether im driving gtr or tata nano i dont really care ... i do it cos i want to.

 

im not preaching because i have also had to go to left lane and overtake the guy on lane 1 going 90. thankfully for me, i can drop 2 gears faster than the guy can even climb 10km/h ... i dont like to do it, but sometimes, if the front of him is empty and there's a long line behind me, i dont want to be the guy holding everyone up ><

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the funeral includes my own and that of my passengers, also my fault for driving at the posted speed limit??

 

Mine you, my encounter was on a Sunday afternoon, traffic was moderate and definately not conditions where one can travel at 120+ safely (if we disregard traffic laws).

 

I will not call what I did road hogging since I did not impede anyone else, even the speeding driver since he did not even get held up by me for a second, but he chose to dice with fate and undertake in a dangerous manner, "to teach me a lesson".

 

I learnt a lesson? What lesson should I learn? You want to teach me a lesson?

"Run one side" whenever I see a BMW coming is it?

Easy to be a keyboard hero here.

 

Hmmmm, what is so difficult to move out lane 1 ..... lane 1 is for overtaking ..... keep left unless overtaking. If it happens on a Sunday afternoon and traffic is moderate .... it make it easy to filter to the left and let the other driver drive by ..... if a speeding driver choose to speed .... he/she gets a ticket or get involve in an accident, he/she would pay for the consequences. If a car coming from the back is faster than u, u are road hogging .... if u like to keep to the speed limit, there is always lane 2 ....

 

It doesn't matter whether it is a BMW, Toyota, Cherry whatever, if they are faster than me, I would just filter to the left lane.

 

Finally, this is a public forum ... everyone/anyone can express their view ... nothing to do with being a keyboard hero ...

 

 

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...