Ario

Volkswagen Passat 1.8

Neutral Newbie

Guys am considering getting a passat 1.8. Can any owners here comment the experience with this variant? May I know what's the typical servicing costs per 15000km? There's really no topic about the costs here?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Guys am considering getting a passat 1.8. Can any owners here comment the experience with this variant? May I know what's the typical servicing costs per 15000km? There's really no topic about the costs here?

1st 3 servicing free,only the D.S.G. got problem.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Does it come with 7gear dsg?.. If yes, then the last thing you should worry is the servicing cost...... [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

Clutched (edited)

wat is dsg?

DSG stands for Direct Shift Gearbox. It's a type of gearbox design that uses dual clutch technology to engage the gears.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-Shift_Gearbox

The gear engagement is almost "instant" and this promises better performance. However, there has been issues with DSG. Just do a search online and you will find those problems.

Some references on the DSG issues:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/faulty-v...rope-46766.html

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2672907

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...20cc*&st=80

Edited by TatteredTorn
  • Praise 2

Stay away from the infamous 7 Speed Dry Clutch DSG... If die die you are looking for a large sedan from VAG, give a serious consideration to the cheaper and better spec Superb 2.0 TSI with 6 Speed Wet Clutch DSG.

• Praise 3

3rd Gear (edited)

Ytd i was at volkwagen centre. I spoken to one of the SE. He mention that the latest batch 7 speed DSG has no issue.

Edited by Dscheng
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Ytd i was at volkwagen centre. I spoken to one of the SE. He mention that the latest batch 7 speed DSG has no issue.

They have been saying that since 2010...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

They have been saying that since 2010...

卖花赞花香

Turbocharged

S.E. sure said their cars no problems, if got problem,they will told you..."Haa,just send your car in lol".[commission already earn]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Even labour free? No need pay a single cent? Is the cost like that of a merc? Heard somewhere they charge $1000 for 30k service.

I dun think every single car got problem right? Heng suay right.

2nd Gear

Have you ever encountered a fruit seller that says his mangoes or whatever fruits are sour?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Have you ever encountered a fruit seller that says his mangoes or whatever fruits are sour?

Some fruits, I prefer to have them a bit sour. So, if the fruit salesman says all sweet, no buy for me. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

new batch of 1.8 passat come with csc5 contiseal

Run-Flat tires.?Forget it,make the car ride harsh,drink more petrol[more heavier].less power.

4th Gear

It's a nice car to drive.. Typical VW interior.. Power not bad.. But.. The gearbox.. I can safely say... Quite problematic..