Throttle2 Supersonic April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 Aiyah bro, I bought my first AP in 2008... the Volcano... For a couple of years, it felt cool to be wearing it and everybody was gushing about it. In that time I also bought the Safari, Rose Gold Rubberclad, and the Navy. Never believed in paying twice or triple the price of a standard ROO for Juan Pablo Montoya or Barrichello. I have posted pics of the watches before in black-and-white so you guys were guessing which models they were because you couldn't see the colours. I was trying to make a point: APs are pretty dumb watches.... a different coloured rehaut, different coloured numerical index, different coloured dial or dial with some alteration to it, they call it a new model or they give it some grandiose moniker and brand (also price) it as such, to the extent of having some celebrity sporting it on his/her wrist (yes even for the non-signature models). I am left with only a Safari now.... it is the least "beng-ish" of the APs I possessed. I discovered just how farked up the situation was when I was selling my APs. The people who came to buy, OMG..... brand new Mercedes coupes, brand new Porsches, cannot speak proper English, stinking of new, fast wealth, one of them even got very friendly with me and said, "I just sold my property, now got a lot of money". OMG I couldn't believe he told me that within the first ten minutes of meeting me! I know you got your APs early. And if you recall , i mentioned many times on this Watches thread that those were the exact reasons i myself wont buy AP except the classic models. Anyway am so glad you hopped on the Rolex clan with nothing less than a solid gold Daytona. The Safari is worth the keep, it is a classic in the offshore range. A solid gold President next? So that we can all sit together at. chinatown coffeeshop and not look out of place? ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Porker Turbocharged April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 Now I'm quite into A Lange. No more AP Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daywalker 3rd Gear April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 How many watches do you have Day? A few...but as Throttle mentioned, I kept changing for a while. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daywalker 3rd Gear April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 This one not Diver. This one called Scuba. ya...cousin :) Liked it previously over the Diver due to the additional tinge of color. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Throttle2 Supersonic April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 ya...cousin :) Liked it previously over the Diver due to the additional tinge of color. Definitely nicer. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Duckduck Turbocharged April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 (edited) this one my daily beater... big fonts, can see day n date n got bright indiglo lol Edited April 30, 2013 by Duckduck Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daywalker 3rd Gear April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 Now I'm quite into A Lange. No more AP Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tedlhw 5th Gear April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 This one not Diver. This one called Scuba. Yes, just about to say that Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tedlhw 5th Gear April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 ya...cousin :) Liked it previously over the Diver due to the additional tinge of color. Thought the diver was only released recently and the Scubas in red/blue were kind of released a few years back? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Throttle2 Supersonic April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 Teddy your 116515 rose gold Daytona going for $29k, grab ! Mai tu liao Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daywalker 3rd Gear April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 Thought the diver was only released recently and the Scubas in red/blue were kind of released a few years back? Yep, scubas came in red/blue/orange/black(wempe) I was deciding if i should get the Diver but decided to get the blue scuba instead from the mkt Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daywalker 3rd Gear April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 Teddy your 116515 rose gold Daytona going for $29k, grab ! Mai tu liao Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Throttle2 Supersonic April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 http://s19.photobucket.com/user/daywalker8...POSION.jpg.html http://s19.photobucket.com/user/daywalker8...r10oct.jpg.html Muayhahaha, poison! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daywalker 3rd Gear April 30, 2013 Share April 30, 2013 Muayhahaha, poison! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Throttle2 Supersonic May 1, 2013 Share May 1, 2013 http://s19.photobucket.com/user/daywalker8.../cliff.jpg.html From today onwards, Daywalker is also known as PoisonKing!!!! Ahahahahahaha Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tedlhw 5th Gear May 1, 2013 Share May 1, 2013 Teddy your 116515 rose gold Daytona going for $29k, grab ! Mai tu liao I checked THG at 32k, but only the white face one.. I am checking around some grey market dealers.. I saw one on SWX 28.5k. But not so soon.. in a couple of months i think. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daywalker 3rd Gear May 1, 2013 Share May 1, 2013 I checked THG at 32k, but only the white face one.. I am checking around some grey market dealers.. I saw one on SWX 28.5k. But not so soon.. in a couple of months i think. The white faced one has more contrast but the chocolate one is very nice too :) Hope to see you get it soon Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Throttle2 Supersonic May 1, 2013 Share May 1, 2013 I checked THG at 32k, but only the white face one.. I am checking around some grey market dealers.. I saw one on SWX 28.5k. But not so soon.. in a couple of months i think. Brown dial is nice. But for daytonas i still prefer the classic stardard models. Viceroy just got one recently, i am looking for a similar one ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Related Discussions
Related Discussions
Anyone watches MMA?
Anyone watches MMA?
Where got sell or buy Rolex watches ?
Where got sell or buy Rolex watches ?
Billionare prefer Casio
Billionare prefer Casio
Tudor Pelagos
Tudor Pelagos
Watches IV
Watches IV
[Post Event] MCF HangOut with Breitling!
[Post Event] MCF HangOut with Breitling!
EDC Thread
EDC Thread
Goldman Luxury - Pre-Owned Watches for Sale
Goldman Luxury - Pre-Owned Watches for Sale