Jump to content

Datsun's back!!!


Mockngbrd
 Share

Recommended Posts

My family was planning to get this car that time.....

autowp.ru_nissan_sunny_46.jpg

 

But we got this instead.....

01w.jpg

 

Both are nice cars during the days....that time SE will just habded over the cars to their customer bare ( without sport rims & radio head unit)

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

My favourite car, I can still remember the days I drove my grandpa's car to show off to my friends! Super shook!

Edited by Jq1988
Link to post
Share on other sites

But why must ty use the Datsun name? Cant ty use Nissan like the rest of the world?

 

Or issit Datsun is the poor mans Nissan for cars made under license in 3rd world countries? [:/]

people pronounced it "Latsun"..... sounds more retro!!! the SSS was good, gave the alfa / minicooper a good run for the money :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that gt was the hot hatch in early 80' with the yuppies, and the celica with the ah beng. I had the celica :D

there are still about five 70s celicas running around in sgp today

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypersonic

My family was planning to get this car that time.....

 

 

But we got this instead.....

 

 

Both are nice cars during the days....that time SE will just habded over the cars to their customer bare ( without sport rims & radio head unit)

I thought last time both cars also quite popular and common. Remember in my sec school, many of my teachers were driving these two cars. And i find the nissan sunny looks more 'atas' than the toyota corolla. [:p]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Post 1 of the 120A coupe leh. I remember that as a cool and affordable ride then, but the "graphite grey" mazda 323GT was hot those days.

it did 0-100 about 10sec and was hot by the standard then.... today many family cars are faster than that [:)]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator

Last time my family first car oso 100A, look like turtle, have to start and warm up first.

 

My best friend last time family drove the Bluebird, I envy coz tot the car very big and nice.

 

 

So u ask him Lu Simi car?

 

He say lj not wrong.... Haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

Talking about Datsun and some how Sunny comes to mind.

 

Why are we not bringing in the newest model of Sunny after year 2007?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Lol, dont understand how come last time no COE and yet lesser cars on the road? But now with super crazy COE and yet roads jam like hell?! [:/]

 

Coz last time must cough up 30% downpayment and no 100% loan. Population also not so huge.

 

During the times where one can borrow 100% with 0 dollar driveaway and a Toyota Vios at sub 50K, my neighbours all have multiple cars...old father one car, wife one car and son one car...how not to be congested liddat?? :huh:

Edited by Poohbor
Link to post
Share on other sites

people pronounced it "Latsun"..... sounds more retro!!! the SSS was good, gave the alfa / minicooper a good run for the money :D

 

My father's NTUC taxi used to be a "Latsun" [:p]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha ha. I am older than you. When I learnt, it as $8 per hour. Took my driving test in the Queenstown test centre.

 

 

Ya I think mine also abt $8/hr n it was a Datsun 1200. But mine got AC but cannot on. The instructor tell me only if u taking test n raining can on AC so windows wun mist up.

 

Hahaha. [laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

oh, that was a newer model with 1.8L engine....but indeed very very chio. [thumbsup]

 

I was referring to these 3 fellas

 

 

Those Accords were known as Japanese Merc cos was a good quality Jap car. Solid n fast.

 

Quintet never really caught on here n the Civic well its just legendary.

 

I drove my frens Civic n Accord that time. Damm smooth n powerful. Really good cars. [thumbsup]

Edited by Pisces69
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, my time my learning car was also a Datsun 120Y, and I pass my test at Ubi Test Centre which was only opened for operations a few months ago....

 

And after I pass my test, I drove a lot on the Datsun pickup, which has the gear level on the steering wheel.....really - those were the days! [cool]

 

 

WOW!!!! That time got pick-up with gear lever on the steering wheel. U mean like those paddle shifters on sports cars now? [shocked]

 

This one first time I hear but I ever drove those Datsun pick-up with the gear lever on the steering coloum though. Those quite common. [laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the last one. White Prelude with sun roof. The sun roof was great but sometimes rain comes in. ^_^

 

 

Was that the Prelude where the front n back look the same?

 

My fren had one n we always disturb him, say when we see his car we dun know if he is coming or going. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Learned to drive on the Datsun 120Y.

 

First car I bought was a 9 year old Subaru 700 (660 cc engine). It cost me $10,500. This was pre-COE days. Used the car for one year, scrapped it and got back $9200 - depreciation was $1300 per year. Then, bought another 9 year old Subaru 700 and repeated the process.

 

 

That one had the 2 cylinder engine. Know as a twin thumper. ^_^

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...