Car parts from Online

Lotr

Anyone bought car parts and accessories from taobao and care to share their experience?

Been looking around and prices are really affordable for many things likes accessories and even service parts.

Of course I am concerned about imitations but seems like some items are genuine but made for their local market.

Currently, I am looking at stuffs like car door visors, windshield wipers and diy soundproofing rubber strips.

↡ Advertisement

Anyone bought car parts and accessories from taobao and care to share their experience?

Been looking around and prices are really affordable for many things likes accessories and even service parts.

Of course I am concerned about imitations but seems like some items are genuine but made for their local market.

Currently, I am looking at stuffs like car door visors, windshield wipers and diy soundproofing rubber strips.

Car accessories should be ok, but do note that China is left hand drive. Stuff like wipers are upside down.
  • Praise 1

Car accessories should be ok, but do note that China is left hand drive. Stuff like wipers are upside down.

Wipers upside down? Interesting, I know China is LHD but haven't thought of that it would affect the wipers. Will look at it in more detail before buying.

Wipers upside down? Interesting, I know China is LHD but haven't thought of that it would affect the wipers. Will look at it in more detail before buying.

Those aerodynamic wipers that come with spoilers will be upside down. Instead of helping to keep the wipers down when wind blows over, it will be helping the wipers to fly up instead. It may affect the wiper function at high speeds.

I did see some sellers allow you to specify that you want RHD accessories. Else, everything will be wrong shape, such as floor mats, dashboard map, wind visors, etc.

• Praise 1

I bought bulbs, leds, water hose and wiper from taobao.

Nearly bought car mats(custom fitted to your car model) but realised they are left hand driven.

I did asked like 10 sellers if they can make a set that is for right hand drive but sadly all of them said no. :(

Edited by SGCMlycan
  • Praise 6

Never bought before..but are u able to pay via PayPal?

There's at least some form of protection.

Few months ago I bought some stuff from Qoo10 but the stuff wasn't working.

Ding dong with the Qoo admin and the seller from China till tulan, lodged a dispute with PayPal.

Sent them the evidences and eventually I got my money back.

Only loss is my time and return postage.

• Praise 2

Bought my current Mazda 5's window visors, lighted scuff plates, boot scuff plate, etc from Taobao. Much cheaper than local vendors. Previously for my Stream, I had bought air filter, air-con filter, sports pedals, etc before too. Totally no issue at all. Just go through a 3rd party agent to purchase for you if you're not so comfortable buying direct.

Like some bros mentioned, need to take note theirs are LHD cars and ensure your model is available there and take note of the year of make as some models may have undergone facelifts or a complete model change (e.g. Fit, Civic, etc).

• Praise 2

If buy direct from Taobao, please be aware that Taobao don't allow direct air shipment (via 4PX etc) for stuff listed under "car" section.

The slightly indirect way (short of going through a daigou) is to ship it back via sea freight (eg. oops).

Sea freight takes about 2 weeks to reach sg and there is a minimum volumetric weight of 1m3.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I have gotten accessories from taobao before. Stuff that doesn't affect safety. Things like wipers, side mirrors, rear view mirrors, reverse cameras/sensors, alarm systems, car mats and even got a whole bumper for a friend. Used sea shipping for the big items.

• Praise 1

I bought accessories and some spare parts from Taobao via 65daigou, no need to worry about credit card issue.

Spare parts

- Hydraulic support for the hood and boot for my old Nissan.  The original is getting weak.  The part arrived, it has Nissan marks on it.  It works fine

- lightbulb for headlight.  Also works fine

- replacement wiper.  Some works great, some so-so

Accessories.  Varying quality.  Some ordered but quality not as good as expected.  Some are great and works just like what it says at the website.  In my experience, it is 80% ok.  Since it is much cheaper than Singapore, I am fine with some not working well.

• Praise 1

Thank you all for the points!

What a warm welcome  :a-good:

I was just wondering, did anyone try ordering things like spark plugs, brake pads or even brake rotor and ultimately installed it in your ride?  [laugh]

I have used taobao to buy neck pillow in my car and car charger of smartphone.

But it took about 30 days to get them.... It was frustrating.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1