Carbon82

2017 G30 BMW 5 Series

2018-BMW-5-Series-3Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-2Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-4Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-5Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-6Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-7Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-8Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-10Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-11Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-12Sedan.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Look like current F10 leh. 

• Praise 1

Sad to say, but the new E-Class look much better in the interior.

• Praise 2

Looka like the new 7series.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Sad to say, but the new E-Class look much better in the interior.

This round, the E-class exterior is nice as well, no more "uncle" look. Bmw better wake up....
  • Praise 1

Nice try covering the badge on the rims and steering wheel. It's so obvious it's a BMW from the kidney grills  <_<

• Praise 1

2018-BMW-5-Series-3Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-2Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-4Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-5Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-6Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-7Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-8Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-10Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-11Sedan.jpg2018-BMW-5-Series-12Sedan.jpg

BMW has always looked dated so fast.

Its not even 2017 yet and this looks like

a model from a few years ago.

:D  

• Praise 8

Wah piang look at that steering wheel.. now go check out E-class interior  [lipsrsealed]

But will still sell like hot cakes.

• Praise 1

Aircon vents forever this shape only.. Wah lau wake up leh bmw

Why dont even have leather stitched dashboard?

Edited by Rayoflight
  • Praise 2

no surprise leh ... it's copy*paste from the 7-series ...

ok what ... you sit in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 series ... blind folded still can find all the buttons ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

Radx, if this is the new 5series.

no need to change liao.

lup new body kit can liao

• Praise 1

ok what ... you sit in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 series ... blind folded still can find all the buttons ... lol

Isn't that good?

Sekali the new 5 series comes with touchscreen button macam tesla. So got 2 screen, one is idrive and other one to control ac, music etc

Ok wont happen

Isn't that good?

Well but u pay not for the same price

Aircon vents forever this shape only.. Wah lau wake up leh bmw

Why dont even have leather stitched dashboard?

Stictch ur own la haha

Damn i think bmw sure lose to E class ald

@Radx are you still sticking to your "no new car" rule?

Wait ppl burn joss paper for him in 7th month haha

The interior feels like a budget airline seat compared to the e class.

And yes, those air con vents.......... Not nice. All these years.

The exterior needs to be a quantum leap to catch discarding fans.

The interior feels like a budget airline seat compared to the e class.

And yes, those air con vents.......... Not nice. All these years.

The exterior needs to be a quantum leap to catch discarding fans.

at least make star shaped aircon vents la.. Mercs already gone round liao hahahaha

BMW still stuck with rectangle aircon vents

kua liao no feel

at least make star shaped aircon vents la.. Mercs already gone round liao hahahaha

BMW still stuck with rectangle aircon vents

kua liao no feel

They will have this lengthy launch press conference for the new 5er.. Telling people this is evolutionary, not revolutionary. Why change something when it's not broken. Design remain same so it's a classic, remain iconic, signature BMW design and easy to recognise etc etc.

Bull leh.. Mercedes and Audi interior really pulling ahead already. By leaps & bounds I dare say. I don't know why, when I look at the new Mercedes Benz models' interior, they look so creamy, tasty and delicious. I can't say the same for the current BMW line up or future ones  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

They will have this lengthy launch press conference for the new 5er.. Telling people this is evolutionary, not revolutionary. Why change something when it's not broken. Design remain same so it's a classic, remain iconic, signature BMW design and easy to recognise etc etc.

Bull leh.. Mercedes and Audi interior really pulling ahead already. By leaps & bounds I dare say. I don't know why, when I look at the new Mercedes Benz models' interior, they look so creamy, tasty and delicious. I can't say the same for the current BMW line up or future ones [sweatdrop]

If u follow BMW design language, u would know that G30 is evolution rather than revolution.
  • Praise 1

If u follow BMW design language, u would know that G30 is evolution rather than revolution.

Yeah, I know. Most of them are playing it safe with their design language, offering corporate models in the form of S M L XL for their cars. Even so, brands like Porsche, Jaguar, Mercedes Benz and Audi have all improved their style while retaining the design language. 

Compare the development of cabin interior designs of these 4 brands then look at BMW one, you'd know what I mean.

That said, I think Mercedes Benz is more daring compared to the rest, with their exterior sheet metal designs.

• Praise 2

Yeah, I know. Most of them are playing it safe with their design language, offering corporate models in the form of S M L XL for their cars. Even so, brands like Porsche, Jaguar, Mercedes Benz and Audi have all improved their style while retaining the design language.

Compare the development of cabin interior designs of these 4 brands then look at BMW one, you'd know what I mean.

That said, I think Mercedes Benz is more daring compared to the rest, with their exterior sheet metal designs.

I guess bmw has not much choice this round since the design language dictates that it has to look similar across all models. The problem with this is that it will take quite a long time for all models to align because of the 7 yr cycles. And now with so many models added to the family, it will be even longer.

To be fair, the previous gen merc interiors are also fugly, and this round it's merc's winning time. Most probably will have to wait for the new 3 series (G20) to see if they can turn things around.

• Praise 3

I guess bmw has not much choice this round since the design language dictates that it has to look similar across all models. The problem with this is that it will take quite a long time for all models to align because of the 7 yr cycles. And now with so many models added to the family, it will be even longer.

To be fair, the previous gen merc interiors are also fugly, and this round it's merc's winning time. Most probably will have to wait for the new 3 series (G20) to see if they can turn things around.

It depends on whether they have a nice design language (interior) to show up for.. Seems like they don't so they decided to stick to the old dated design. 

Audi changed and improved upon their already solid reputation for giving nice interiors, first with the new Q7 and now with the recently launched A4. All other offerings in the line up still sports the old interior design language.

Mercedes Benz also did something similar. If I recall correctly, the current C-class (2014) and S-class (2015) started to have slightly different looking interior design. Doing away with the ugly totally unused numberpad commonly found in the entire line up except for SLS  [furious]

Edited by Audi2016

I don't think you get what i meant.

F10 is an revolution.  Accordingly, G30 will be an evolution.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1