Mercedes Owners Thread

therock

On 2/2/2021 at 11:06 PM, Keithtan said:

Hi Guys,

Just collected my GLA20P today. Can anybody advise me on the following?

- Put my Apple airpods 2 on the wireless charging compartment but it does not seem to charge. Is it because it is incompatible?

- I have a USB c thumb drive with some songs. Which usb c socket should I plug into to play the songs through my mbux?

Many thanks for any advice

Plug your USB c Thumb drive into the same USB C socket that you plus to using Apple Carplay. Songs must be in MP3 format.

↡ Advertisement

17 hours ago, serenade said:

Update on my battery change. I decided to stick with 80A AGM battery, albeit Korean made. My case, I could have put in an Amaron as I do not at all use the start/stop function. I decided at first to get an EFB battery for peace of mind to power my camera, radio etc. But then found out that there is no EFB available at 80A rating. This made my choice either Amaron or AGM. However when the battery compartment was opened, the installer pointed out to me that the air-con intake shares space with the battery compartment. 

As lead acid batteries give off small amounts of sulphuric acid gas during the charging cycle, I decided against the Amaron. I do not want the small amount of acidic gas to be sucked into the passenger compartment, no matter how small. AGM batteries do not emit gases hence my choice. 

Good choice, who did you go to for the battery change?

25 minutes ago, TeamAMG69 said:

the specs for W206 C180/200 are out, apparently using back same engine as current model line up

how to fight with Tesla Model 3?

Fight?

C Class sell like hot cakes throughout the world, why do they need to fight with TM3?

Merc has a new range of EQ vehicles to do EV

1 hour ago, TeamAMG69 said:

the specs for W206 C180/200 are out, apparently using back same engine as current model line up

how to fight with Tesla Model 3?

The lux market doesn't just go on specs..  Even a more basic Mazda can have higher specs.

But having said that, Tesla will need good service and support to succeed. Have you seen the construction methods of the Tesla for example? It remains to be seen how maintenance free it will be in our hot climate, which is classified as intense driving environs.. 

On 2/12/2021 at 9:44 AM, t0y0ta said:

Fight?

C Class sell like hot cakes throughout the world, why do they need to fight with TM3?

Merc has a new range of EQ vehicles to do EV

have you seen the specs for EQC & EQA ? what do you think compared to Tesla?

also, analyst report EQC sales in europe are not moving at all 

On 2/12/2021 at 10:24 AM, therock said:

The lux market doesn't just go on specs..  Even a more basic Mazda can have higher specs.

But having said that, Tesla will need good service and support to succeed. Have you seen the construction methods of the Tesla for example? It remains to be seen how maintenance free it will be in our hot climate, which is classified as intense driving environs.. 

Its severe driving conditions 

On 2/2/2021 at 11:57 PM, PiNkIeZ said:

Hi there, I'm driving a CLA35 and been dying to drive it in sports+ 😜. It's not about how fast you can/need to go but how engaged you are with the car. Personally, it gives me enough power to do simple things like overtaking at a constant speed, drives comfortably and responses well enough for a "2.0L city sedan". Suspension may be a little stiff but works perfectly fine for me. Go for a test drive - overall, a very decent ride IMO.

Even My B&B GLC250 cant see sport+ mode in SG.  
cars in SG is largely for show and self actualization in ownership only. Hardly for using the prowess

20 minutes ago, TeamAMG69 said:

AD Cycle can send back for update

then PI car how?

For Singapore use, doesn’t really matter. Likely someone will call the emergency services. 

9 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Even My B&B GLC250 cant see sport+ mode in SG.  
cars in SG is largely for show and self actualization in ownership only. Hardly for using the prowess

Maybe your car.

I always use sports mode on Expressway.

Under normal mode, steering too light for my liking.

35 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Maybe your car.

I always use sports mode on Expressway.

Under normal mode, steering too light for my liking.

Sports mode yes often but not Sport+
my car is absolutely not for show nor self actualization.  I would have bought a G class or Cayenne S minimum if i wanted self actualization or for show. 

i bought my car becos it suited my family needs in terms of size and for my wife's easy driving.  Moreover it cost just $215k.  Its essentially B&B

Edited by Throttle2

My W212 rear suspension sway bar bushings are worn out. Should I just change the bushings which cost around $50 for a pair from parts store, and pay for the workshop labour? Or should I just change the entire bar with a new piece if the cost is not much more? 

In other words, I am asking if the bar itself is subject to wear and tear and it will be prudent to replace the whole assembly. I go over a lot of humps in my area.   

33 minutes ago, serenade said:

My W212 rear suspension sway bar bushings are worn out. Should I just change the bushings which cost around $50 for a pair from parts store, and pay for the workshop labour? Or should I just change the entire bar with a new piece if the cost is not much more? 

In other words, I am asking if the bar itself is subject to wear and tear and it will be prudent to replace the whole assembly. I go over a lot of humps in my area.   

Sway bar is a large metal rod. won't wear out. Just change the bushings will do.  Unless you are talking about the 2 small links, which might be easier and usually not much more expensive then replacing the bushings (2 bushings per link which involves a lot more labour).

↡ Advertisement