Harrier 2017

SKX

That's what customer wants.  Right?

I bet 1.8litre TC would be perfect fit for the Harrier with new tweak to the interior, added extra spec like some brothers mentioned in earlier post, plus more choice colours 

↡ Advertisement

$400 for oil alone is crazy, even if you add labour for just ATF change. care to share which workshop.?

Hi Mk122,

PI is vincar and central ws is ....

Cheers.

Richard

You can do a 3 finger swipe down on the stereo screen to mute the volume in the Harrier. Likewise to unmute. Fairly convenient.

I fnd that the Aircon control using touch sensor is a bad idea.

I have to look down to change temperature and fan speed.

This is a design defect.

I agree having physical knob or switch is better.

• Praise 1

I bet 1.8litre TC would be perfect fit for the Harrier with new tweak to the interior, added extra spec like some brothers mentioned in earlier post, plus more choice colours

2lturbo already reviewed as sluggish, you still want 1.8T?

Should up to 2.5T

I fnd that the Aircon control using touch sensor is a bad idea.

I have to look down to change temperature and fan speed.

This is a design defect.

I agree having physical knob or switch is better.

It has climate control why do you need to adjust on the go?

i don't use auto.

sometimes the CO sit behind and command me to change temperature cos its too hot at back.

As I am on the move, it is dangerous to change the temperature.  And the slider at the side sucks, sometimes instead of lowering to 25, it went up to 27.  Other times it will go to 23.  It is hard to change temperature.

Even the Fan speed, I need to see the location. 

I find it hard to use

Asking for louder engine/exhaust sound in a non-sport Toyota means you are looking at the wrong car. 

Active safety features cannot be easily retrofitted by aftermarket accessories - even if there are substitutes, would you trust them?

Gearing affects acceleration; Vehicle NVH affects perception of acceleration. For those interested in the acceleration timings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ROGD4aodo

• Praise 2

Supersonic

i don't use auto.

sometimes the CO sit behind and command me to change temperature cos its too hot at back.

As I am on the move, it is dangerous to change the temperature.  And the slider at the side sucks, sometimes instead of lowering to 25, it went up to 27.  Other times it will go to 23.  It is hard to change temperature.

Even the Fan speed, I need to see the location. 

I find it hard to use

More and more new cars are having such designs.

So not really a bad thing to be an early adopter.  [laugh]

(edited)

Yeah looking down to control aircon is akin to see hp msg or answering hp call

Now I make it colder. So I just turn off the side air vent if too cold for me hahaha

Is there any car aircon remote that I can buy. Let rear passenger tune themselves

Edited by Junky73

2lturbo already reviewed as sluggish, you still want 1.8T?

Should up to 2.5T

It has climate control why do you need to adjust on the go?

I drive a conti 1.8L turbo, sluggish is dependent on individual preference, to each his own of sluggishness , if it 2.5L turbo, no body would consider , it's like XC90 drivetrain which compromise FC

any chance of Facelift in 2018? 

Thinking whether to change this year or next year :)

Hopefully COE drop further also

• Praise 1

(edited)

Pls update us here of any new developments..

This will help Bros here facing the same problem..

Since you ask so much n Bros here helped you...

So it’s only fair that you should provide a FR..

Pls help to contribute to keep the forum alive n kicking,.

Oh, sorry, I don't visit MCF frequently.  I got it fixed at my service workshop by "rebuilding" the thing as they mentioned that they had replaced the entire faulty one to a new one but later discovered the problem re-surface again. Thus after that they "rebuild" it.  I am not sure how other workshops deal with such case? Some mentioned that they just replace a new one and some just change the pin?  The cost of repair was what you have mentioned. Hope it helps. Thanks.

Hey bros,

For the known torque converter issue, it is true from PI workshop that there is no new improved one and only best to service it only? My FIL's 3 yr old one just failed :(

Thanks !

Richard

Hi Bros, sad to hear that your FIL's case.  I have no clue about your concern but seems like a design flaw and Toyota is not in favour or recalling the car.I was also told that not every Harrier will get it ,at least this was shared with my service advisor.  All the best to your FIL.

Edited by Nethdale
  • Praise 1

Seem like a veiled attempt to kick the can down the road rather than to address it. How many years is the PI warranty?

By the time the converter fail again.... "sorry Mr XXX, your car is out of warranty, it's better for you to change the whole converter, it'll cost you $15k with labour... I give your discount since u have been with our workshop for years $13k best price" 

Hi Junky,

Noted and thanks ... yes, seems to have read it several time but this time my FIL's.

Still within warranty but the centralised WS of PI of his non turbo top-of-the-range 170k is suspiciously reducing cost as he advised no new improved converter that he knows of and better to just service it which he claimed is better since replacement is likely to fail again while his service record so far had been ok with no repeat failure  .. hence the query here for advice.

BTW, warrantied but still need to pay 400 for transmission oil ... LL :(

Cheers,

Richard

• Praise 1

(edited)

Oh, sorry, I don't visit MCF frequently. I got it fixed at my service workshop by "rebuilding" the thing as they mentioned that they had replaced the entire faulty one to a new one but later discovered the problem re-surface again. Thus after that they "rebuild" it. I am not sure how other workshops deal with such case? Some mentioned that they just replace a new one and some just change the pin? The cost of repair was what you have mentioned. Hope it helps. Thanks.

Hi Bros, sad to hear that your FIL's case. I have no clue about your concern but seems like a design flaw and Toyota is not in favour or recalling the car.I was also told that not every Harrier will get it ,at least this was shared with my service advisor. All the best to your FIL.

Hey Nethdale,

Tks and exact same situation then.

Concern or rather hope that there is improved version that can be replaced the faulty one but seems none then at least till date .. fingercrossed but seems like to recur when warranty is over.

Cheers.

Richard

Seem like a veiled attempt to kick the can down the road rather than to address it. How many years is the PI warranty?

By the time the converter fail again.... "sorry Mr XXX, your car is out of warranty, it's better for you to change the whole converter, it'll cost you $15k with labour... I give your discount since u have been with our workshop for years $13k best price"

Hi Vratenza,

Ya lor but LL ... warranty is 3 yrs and over in few mths time :(

Another reason for would be PI buyer of non Turbo harrier to stick to Borneo's tuebo charged one with expected different torque convertor since big power difference.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

price difference between PI non-turbo and BM turbo is only 10k+ right?

coupled with 5yr warranty and 3yr FOC servicing, the BM turbo with higher horsepower and torque seem like a no-brainer

the question is how are PI going to sell the non-turbo harriers? 

Another reason for would be PI buyer of non Turbo harrier to stick to Borneo's tuebo charged one with expected different torque convertor since big power difference.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

PI compete on price only, There will be buyers who cannot really afford such cars and they will give PI their business.

price difference between PI non-turbo and BM turbo is only 10k+ right?

coupled with 5yr warranty and 3yr FOC servicing, the BM turbo with higher horsepower and torque seem like a no-brainer

the question is how are PI going to sell the non-turbo harriers? 

Hey Nethdale,

Tks and exact same situation then.

Concern or rather hope that there is improved version that can be replaced the faulty one but seems none then at least till date .. fingercrossed but seems like to recur when warranty is over.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Can you share with me whether did you FIL replace or rebuild the torque converter in his case? Which workshop did he get it fixed? How long was the warranty give after he replaced or rebuilt it? Kind of scary.  Thanks.

Edited by Nethdale

Hi Richard,

Did you FIL replace or rebuild the torque converter in his case? How long was the warranty give after he replaced or rebuilt it? Kind of scary. Thanks.

Hi Nethdale,

Same like your case ..just rebuilt cos say no new improved version and better this way .. loads of bull to save $ but cannnot fight since no clause to rebuild or replace.

Din ask FIL but guess warranty per thr same 3 yrs dateline which is a few month more .. at the least, it failed during warranty.

Btw, FIL is 84 yrs old and no wannabe chiongster in his 30k+ km mileage but he does not drive slow .. probably faster than my CO.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement