VES 2018

Fuelsaver

haha you never know what kind of tricks up the sleeve... anything is possible...

Ya.. Any tricks they came out with can earn 20000000 sgd per bidding. And by just by spreading news. I believe every month they have a internal meeting to find new nonsense to scare ppl

MRT service hours likely to be cut to speed up upgrades - 14 Nov 2017

Win liao lo
↡ Advertisement

Ya.. Any tricks they came out with can earn 20000000 sgd per bidding. And by just by spreading news. I believe every month they have a internal meeting to find new nonsense to scare ppl

Win liao lo

Bro, it is about 200 million, excluding COE renewals. So you are missing one more zero 200,000,000.

Bro, it is about 200 million, excluding COE renewals. So you are missing one more zero 200,000,000.

bro you actually went to count the number of 0s hahaha...  [thumbsup]

I doubt there are many cars that will be cheaper with the new emissions scheme. In fact most vehicles will cost more under the new scheme. Dealers have already jacked up prices for 2018 registrations. Vehicles that will likely enjoy a tax break will be EVs which are highly impractical to own here unless you live in a landed property since there is a lack of charging infrastructure. Even if there were to be investments made by the vehicle manufacturers to deploy charging points across the island, it will likely be limited to a few units per carpark which again would not encourage ownership of EVs. In any case, the government's intention has always been to discourage vehicle ownership so the cost of vehicle ownership can only escalate in years to come with the shrinking COE pool. With islandwide satellite based ERP coming online in 2020, cost of road usage will also go up accordingly.

hard to say. if the cost raise too high, the demand may not be able to hold it, then u you can see coming down again or the dealers reducing their margin to offset the increment just to bring back the crowd. there is only one winner ah gong

car lite city is a good idea but all the ministers lead by example to take public transport, than they will have a better idea on how to improve the efficiency.

• Praise 2

car lite city is a good idea but all the ministers lead by example to take public transport, than they will have a better idea on how to improve the efficiency.

Add one more point, make sure the ministers take the MRT during the morning and evening peak hours, no point taking the MRT during non-peak hours.

• Praise 1

Add one more point, make sure the ministers take the MRT during the morning and evening peak hours, no point taking the MRT during non-peak hours.

If they did that, instantly COE quota will be tripled.....LOL
  • Praise 1

My guess for the lack of information on the VES might be because the govt wants to keep the car prices stable before it is announced. Cos imagine this particular model gets a very heavy tax, meaning its price will increase after VES is effective. Then end up more people rush in to buy it now and push up the price even before 2018. And by the time VES kicks in, its price is way inflated.

But it is exactly this lack of transparency that is causing more problem than benefit, I would had prefer the govt to be clearer too.

In any case, as consumers and peasant on the ground, no point speculating too much. I feel if u think the price is right for you right now, just whack already, think still got some models can secure before year end. Before it is really too late...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Seriously sad at this country is heading.

There is nothing much to own here in future.

No more sense of belonging anymore. [thumbsdown]

fake news!

the rich still own many many things...

• Praise 1

My guess for the lack of information on the VES might be because the govt wants to keep the car prices stable before it is announced. Cos imagine this particular model gets a very heavy tax, meaning its price will increase after VES is effective. Then end up more people rush in to buy it now and push up the price even before 2018. And by the time VES kicks in, its price is way inflated.

But it is exactly this lack of transparency that is causing more problem than benefit, I would had prefer the govt to be clearer too.

In any case, as consumers and peasant on the ground, no point speculating too much. I feel if u think the price is right for you right now, just whack already, think still got some models can secure before year end. Before it is really too late...

I think you are giving LTA way too much credit...

You prob can see the confusion and flip-flop policies over the past months on this VES. The veiled disguise to market the VES as a life and earth saving initiatives are nothing more than a simple money-grab. The top-down compartmentalisation within the agency is laughable. The testing on the emissions are slow and tedious. Even ADs are not sure which of their cars are tax and what's not.

The lack of transparency is not a conspiracy,.

It is simply incompetency. [laugh]

• Praise 13
  • Dislike 1

I think you are giving LTA way too much credit...

You prob can see the confusion and flip-flop policies over the past months on this VES. The veiled disguise to market the VES as a life and earth saving initiatives are nothing more than a simple money-grab. The top-down compartmentalisation within the agency is laughable. The testing on the emissions are slow and tedious. Even ADs are not sure which of their cars are tax and what's not.

The lack of transparency is not a conspiracy,.

It is simply incompetency. [laugh]

I agree with you. Just like how ERPs supposedly to control traffic volume when in actual fact it's just a money sucking tool. Well, what I really wanted to convey is for those still waiting on the sideline, it is time to either make a decision soon or really must wait till everything is revealed to decide the next course of action.