Girl who joined ISIS group in Syria to lose UK citizenship

StreetFight3r

post-141090-0-99071000-1550633643_thumb.jpg

LONDON: Shamima Begum, a teenager who left London when she was aged 15 to join Islamic State in Syria, has had her British citizenship revoked, according to a letter sent to her family published by ITV News on Tuesday (Feb 19).

Begum, who gave birth to a son at the weekend, was discovered in a refugee camp in Syria by a London Times journalist earlier this month. Now aged 19, she has told reporters she wants to return to Britain. 

A debate has broken out about whether Ms Begum, who travelled to Syria in 2015 aged 15, should be allowed to return to Britain having joined Isis, which has claimed responsibility for terrorist attacks on the UK.

The Manchester Arena attack in May 2017 killed 22 people after a suicide bomber detonated a device packed with shrapnel at the end of a pop concert.

In the latest of a series of interviews she has given while in the camp, Ms Begum told the BBC she had regrets about the Manchester attack: “I do feel that is wrong. Innocent people did get killed,” she said. “It’s one thing to kill a soldier – it’s fine, it’s self-defence. But to kill people like women and children – just like the women and children in Baghuz who are being killed right now unjustly by the bombings – it’s a two-way thing, really.”

She continued: “This is kind of retaliation. Their justification was that it was retaliation so I thought that is a fair justification.” “That was unfair on them … They weren’t fighting anyone. They weren’t causing any harm. But neither was I and neither [were the] other women who are being killed right now back in Baghuz.”

Ms Begum took full responsibility for her decision to leave Britain, saying she alone was “the one who made the choice”. She added: “Even though I was only 15 years old, I could make my own decisions. But I will admit, it’s my fault right now. I just want forgiveness from the UK. Everything I’ve been through, I didn’t expect I would go through that.”

She said while in Britain she had been lured by Isis propaganda videos about the “good life they can provide”. She had also viewed beheading videos and those glorifying Isis fighters.

“I was weak,” she said. “I could not endure the suffering and hardship that staying on the battlefield involved. But I was also frightened that the child I am about to give birth to would die like my other children if I stayed on. So I fled the caliphate. Now all I want to do is come home to Britain.”

But Ms. Begum said she did not regret traveling to Syria. “When I saw my first severed head in a bin it didn’t faze me at all,” she told The Times of London. “It was from a captured fighter seized on the battlefield, an enemy of Islam. I thought only of what he would have done to a Muslim woman if he had the chance.”

if you have been following the news, you'd be aware of all interviews the girl had done showing no remorse or whatsoever. She has even gone on to say that if her first baby had survived, she would have wanted him to become a ISIS fighter too.

now the QN is, if one day a fellow brother or sister from Sg joins a terrorist group too but years later,regrets doing so and wish to return to sg, what would we do? what would our government do? do we let him/her return? should we risk it all? we dont know how damaged their minds would be then. should we let them return, jail them for an un-determined no of yearS? How many years is enough? how do we determine they are safe to be integrated bk to our society again after that?

lets leave all sensitive matters pertaining religion out of this discussion. this is a fight against terrorist and not against our muslim brothers and sisters. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/teenager-who-joined-islamic-state-group-in-syria-to-lose-uk-11260642?cid=FBcna&fbclid=IwAR1qrf4Uhy4FG7Lt1Q1caTnbVaH8ceVDViV6TOiArCGYYQfGsMC4ODJVQWA

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Why she wants to go back to UK and live with those ignorant infidels when she can stay where is and live with the true believers?

:D

• Praise 8

Put them all on a very very remote island in South Atlantic like "Survival" but no need to have immunity challenge.

Let them fight it out among themselves and practice whatever beliefs there.

• Praise 1

Why she wants to go back to UK and live with those ignorant infidels when she can stay where is and live with the true believers?

I almost believed what you said...
  • Praise 1

if even uk prison dun want her?

she stay where??

syria??

the latest news is ISIS kenna wipe out already.

last week got a news,

US plan to release all the isis prisoner if their own country dun take them back [;)]

If my problem migrate out to become your problem?

Do i really want my problem back?

Haha the answer is obvious. I don't really care about rehabilitating them to be honest.

They had a pass, they gave it up.

The concept of nationality rights don't really apply to them when the state disavows them.

U can go scrabble around in the mid-east or some lawless state for all i care.

if you have been following the news, you'd be aware of all interviews the girl had done showing no remorse or whatsoever. She has even gone on to say that if her first baby had survived, she would have wanted him to become a ISIS fighter too.

now the QN is, if one day a fellow brother or sister from Sg joins a terrorist group too but years later,regrets doing so and wish to return to sg, what would we do? what would our government do? do we let him/her return? should we risk it all? we dont know how damaged their minds would be then. should we let them return, jail them for an un-determined no of yearS? How many years is enough? how do we determine they are safe to be integrated bk to our society again after that?

lets leave all sensitive matters pertaining religion out of this discussion. this is a fight against terrorist and not against our muslim brothers and sisters. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 9

deleted Edited by Kopites

if even uk prison dun want her?

she stay where??

syria??

the latest news is ISIS kenna wipe out already.

last week got a news,

US plan to release all the isis prisoner if their own country dun take them back [;)]

Will never be wiped out one lah. It's like Al-qaeda.

Wipe wipe wipe, still there and now even thriving post osama  [laugh]

• Praise 2

I am very happy for her. Living with the true believers and being rules by men of wisdom and faith.

She must feel she is living in paradise.

Lucky her.

Put them all on a very very remote island in South Atlantic like "Survival" but no need to have immunity challenge.

Let them fight it out among themselves and practice whatever beliefs there.

Yes.

UK still has falklands.

I am very happy for her. Living with the true believers and being rules by men of wisdom and faith.

She must feel she is living in paradise.

Lucky her.

well, ISIS wanted virgins too and guess she's excluded by now hahahaha

• Praise 1

I have been to the UK terrible place.

People drink alcohol, have only one wife and eat pork chops, pork sausages, roast pork with crackling.

It must be like living in hell if she had to live the UK.

Guantanamo is still functioning so many years after they are supposed to close it. Cos no country wants these bad eggs back into their own prison system and potentially create more problems.

So USA keep bitching that the 100+ hardcore people there that they deem cannot be released are still there...

Cos even if your common religion normal folks think you are kee siao, out of 100 people I'm sure you find 2-3 that can also be as kee siao as you...  [laugh]