Lee chong wei retires

Lala81

LCW was ranked 190 so its impossible for him to qualify for tokyo. Need join alot competition and his condition and fitness level still poor. So better hang the racket now.

Great player ever for Malaysian and badminton world!

Cannot be help,His Cancer came back. [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

I don’t think he's retiring cos of cancer relapse but rather his physical condition is not at that level anymore n of course the strain of competing at the top level may hv an impact on his well being hence the decision to retire.

I wish him good health n happiness in his retirement. His duel with Lin Dan has always been a highlight n a clash of the badminton titans which we r lucky to be able to witness. Tks for the memories LCW

• Praise 13

Supersonic

His cancer relapse? I thought he just recovered not very long from his cancer?! I wish him well on his health. Health is so much more important than other things.

In his recent matches... he doesn't have the stamina to really last the full tournament. When Lin Dan retires, and Chen Long rose... LCW performance slowly fades as well... His form is up and down like a roller coaster. Think he should really take a step back and train the newer generation with his experience. Still, we have to thank him for the years of entertainment and excitement he brought.  

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

His cancer relapse? I thought he just recovered not very long from his cancer?! I wish him well on his health. Health is so much more important than other things.

read his FB thread which he posted yesterday, possible of high chance of relapse, so spending more time with family. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

He has done 2ell for Malaysia and the sport. He deserves to take a rest. Good health and you will be badminton history book LCW. 

It is really not easy to hang his racquets knowing what he can accomplish.

Glad that he is retiring from playing competitively and focusing on his family.

I am sure he will be the most wanted badminton coach and etc.

Not the end of the road for him...

Nice movie on LCW legacy...his coach in that movie acted pretty well...only letdown of the movie was the other Lee tried too hard with his 联邦

• Praise 1

Great home grown talent with a 'never say die' attitude. Good inspiration to other local sportsmen and sportswomen.

Need to read between the lines to understand the underlying meaning. But, I agree with you. 

The actor they got to act as a teenage LCW bears an uncanny 90% resemblance. Great casting man!

• Praise 3

Need to read between the lines to understand the underlying meaning. But, I agree with you. 

The actor they got to act as a teenage LCW bears an uncanny 90% resemblance. Great casting man!

some more must have decent skills and technique. Not easy.

Always sad when a legend retires.

I've not been watching as much badminton in the last 10-20 yr as i used to previously, when i was playing. What's still etched in my mind are the days of liem swee king, icuk sugiato, han jian, yang yang, zhao jian hua, morten Frost rivalry. The closest M'sian player who was showing occasional brilliance was misbun sidek. 

All major tournaments were won by China or Indon, while Korean doubles were formidable.

It was great to see LCW coming up and break the dominance of the traditional powerhouses.

Let's wish him well for his future.

• Praise 2

In his recent matches... he doesn't have the stamina to really last the full tournament. When Lin Dan retires, and Chen Long rose... LCW performance slowly fades as well... His form is up and down like a roller coaster. Think he should really take a step back and train the newer generation with his experience. Still, we have to thank him for the years of entertainment and excitement he brought.  

Chinese players are conditioned themselves with nutrient foods to last the whole sport journey, be it sport academy centralised training or basic core strength endurance, they are superd in most events like pair and conditioning plus chinese player/coach relationships in One.

Not to be outdone < LCW was one and only Malaysia top top players in the last decade or so, so it is much harder, plus many dependent on him, to bring home the Glory,let alone playing second fiddle to Lin Dan and Chen Long plus a host of other younger player/s willing to take up the challenge ahead anytime. China was developed into one of the Top World Badminton ranking. Due respect to Lee for his Guts and Spirit, I salute him tremendously.  [thumbsup]

Time for Lee to rest well and nurse his health back.

↡ Advertisement