Ody_2004 Turbocharged April 25 Share April 25 On 4/25/2026 at 7:44 PM, Mkl22 said: Yes I know. Hence just 2 diagonally can Liao. 4 per side is over over kill yeah... if not the wall will come down with the bar! 😁 ↡ Advertisement 1 4 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Atonchia Supersonic April 25 Share April 25 On 4/25/2026 at 5:27 PM, Lala81 said: OK sorta found out it works. Now you need to buy a drilling tool for the pull-up bar... 😅 4 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Atonchia Supersonic April 25 Share April 25 On 4/25/2026 at 7:38 PM, Lala81 said: It's 4 per side leh. On 4/25/2026 at 7:44 PM, Mkl22 said: Yes I know. Hence just 2 diagonally can Liao. 4 per side is over over kill Maybe 2 each at the top. One each below. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mersaylee Hypersonic April 25 Share April 25 On 4/25/2026 at 8:06 PM, Atonchia said: Now you need to buy a drilling tool for the pull-up bar... 😅 I tink do pull up in mrt train cheaperer...risk of kena stomped niah niah...😁 5 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Atonchia Supersonic April 25 Share April 25 On 4/25/2026 at 8:11 PM, mersaylee said: I tink do pull up in mrt train cheaperer...risk of kena stomped niah niah...😁 MRT train good..🤣 Have bars. Have poles. Have rings. If can do all 3, sure appear on Stomp.😅 3 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lala81 Hypersonic April 25 Author Share April 25 On 4/25/2026 at 8:06 PM, Atonchia said: Now you need to buy a drilling tool for the pull-up bar... 😅 I have a rotary hammer drill cos my home quite a number of concrete walls. So just need to buy a bigger drill bit. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lala81 Hypersonic April 25 Author Share April 25 My door frame is painted over so if use those friction based door frame type. The paint will peel off so not very keen to use those. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Volvobrick Hypersonic April 25 Share April 25 On 4/25/2026 at 6:48 PM, Mkl22 said: I think 4bolts enough liao. 8 is overkill. The bar will break before the bolt comes out Yeah. All the stress on the top 4 bolts only. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mkl22 Supersonic April 25 Share April 25 On 4/25/2026 at 9:09 PM, Volvobrick said: Yeah. All the stress on the top 4 bolts only. Actually 2 also enough Liao. 🤣 many people underestimate the load a 10mm expansion bolt can hold. It’s damn a lot. https://www.fixdex.com/news/how-much-weight-can-the-m10-wedge-anchor-through-bolt/ 3 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mersaylee Hypersonic April 25 Share April 25 On 4/25/2026 at 8:13 PM, Atonchia said: MRT train good..🤣 Have bars. Have poles. Have rings. If can do all 3, sure appear on Stomp.😅 When kena caught just say aspired to be olympian...😁 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Atonchia Supersonic April 25 Share April 25 On 4/25/2026 at 10:07 PM, mersaylee said: When kena caught just say aspired to be olympian...😁 If it's me... It's Expired dream to be Olympian😅 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gnahp Twincharged April 25 Share April 25 On 4/25/2026 at 6:48 PM, Mkl22 said: I think 4bolts enough liao. 8 is overkill. The bar will break before the bolt comes out or pull out the whole chuck of the concrete 😁 6 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lala81 Hypersonic April 29 Author Share April 29 Arrived. But the below haven't arrived yet. my drill attachment hex nut. 2 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lala81 Hypersonic May 27 Author Share May 27 Fug man. Damn sian. Installed this and cleaned up cos lots of concrete dust from the drilling. Spent like few hours. Then went to try and it came loose. Drilled two diagonal holes each side then installed the expansion bolts. The hex bolt drill driver I bought is too small so hand tightened. I think I didn't think it through properly. Probably drilled too deep a hole. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mersaylee Hypersonic May 27 Share May 27 This one also need drillings...but no need to care...✌️😁 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kb27 Supersonic May 27 Share May 27 On 5/27/2026 at 1:27 PM, Lala81 said: Fug man. Damn sian. Installed this and cleaned up cos lots of concrete dust from the drilling. Spent like few hours. Then went to try and it came loose. Drilled two diagonal holes each side then installed the expansion bolts. The hex bolt drill driver I bought is too small so hand tightened. I think I didn't think it through properly. Probably drilled too deep a hole. Maybe the hole size is too big. Could you check again ? Or buy a bigger plug that use 14mm hole, since you've already used that diameter bit, I presume. 1 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lala81 Hypersonic May 27 Author Share May 27 On 5/27/2026 at 7:51 PM, Kb27 said: Maybe the hole size is too big. Could you check again ? Or buy a bigger plug that use 14mm hole, since you've already used that diameter bit, I presume. I used the correct bit size. drilled the correct size which is a 14mm sleeve diameter. The screw thread is M10. One problem with this supplier provided expansion bolt is that it's 85mm long but the sleeve length itself is 65mm already. Which only allows 2cm for the nut to tighten against. Ultimately I need enough of the exposed screw for the plate of the pull-up bar to hang off. Whereas the example here from Shopee gives 25mm or 30mm. Probably the sleeve inside is not expanding properly. The left supporting plate is bit deformed so the bottom half is not touching the wall. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
mersaylee Hypersonic May 27 Share May 27 Can try apply some loctite or cement glue before insertion... ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Home Aircon
Home Aircon
Home repair advice needed
Home repair advice needed
Shop for Steering Rack Assy Repairs
Shop for Steering Rack Assy Repairs
Poor Worksmanship from Tyre Workshop
Poor Worksmanship from Tyre Workshop
Home renovation tips
Home renovation tips
How I cope with WFH (Working from home)
How I cope with WFH (Working from home)
Wheel Spacer Installation DIY
Wheel Spacer Installation DIY