New iPhone 12

steveluv

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/09/27/apple-iphone-12-pro-max-design-camera-display-release-date-iphone-11-pro-max-upgrade/#70ffd0c66433

New iPhone 12 Exclusive Reveals Stunning Apple Design Decisions

Gordon KellySenior Contributor Consumer Tech

Apple’s iPhone 12 range is officially delayed, but it is the company’s controversial design decisions which are the real talking point, and now new leaks have revealed what might just be the biggest of all. 

960x0.jpg?fit=scale
Apple iPhone 12 Pro concept render EVERYTHINGAPPLEPRO

Working together, popular YouTuber Filip Koroy (aka EverythingApplePro) and prolific leaker Max Weinbach, have revealed that Apple has decided to differentiate the iPhone 12 Pro Max from other iPhone 12 models and that means you will have to go big (and expensive) for the best features in 2020. 

“The 6.7-inch mammoth iPhone [12 Pro Max] will truly be considered a flagship this year,” states Koroy. “It will have the best display and best cameras... The [iPhone] 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max really were the same devices, the 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max will be more differentiated.”

Koroy doesn’t break down these differences, but recent leaks have speculated that the iPhone 12 Pro Max may be the only new iPhone to sport Apple’s exciting new LiDAR camera. Apple’s decision to downgrade the batteries in the new iPhones will also impact the iPhone 12 Pro Max model least, which may also mean it's the only model to get a 120Hz ProMotion display, despite fears all models will miss out. 

But the big problem is not everyone wants a 6.7-inch smartphone, and Koroy explains that the range’s edgy new design is only likely to strengthen those feelings: 

“Max Weinbach’s source, who has had hands-on time with the 6.7[-inch iPhone] 12 Pro Max model, is saying that it’s quite uncomfortable [to hold]. The bigger the size gets, the more it digs into your palm and, depending on the size of your hands, it may be a problem. Cases could alleviate this, but it definitely is a very slick and sharp piece of hardware.” 

960x0.jpg?fit=scale
Angular edges on the iPhone 12 Pro Max Vs the rounded edges of the iPhone 11 Pro Max EVERYTHINGAPPLEPRO

The other uncomfortable aspect to the iPhone 12 Pro Max is its price. Leaks earlier this month revealed increases for every new model, with the iPhone 12 Pro Max now starting at $1,199. 

Is this price hike deserved? Yes, and no. The primary driver behind it is the inclusion of an expensive 5G mmWave modem that has also seen rivals push prices sky high. That said, Apple is also cutting cuts with the iPhone 12 line-up. Aside from the downgraded batteries and their knock-on impact for 120Hz displays, Apple will also remove both the wall charger and EarPods from the box. This has clear environmental benefits, but may not sit well with customers in conjunction with the price increase. 

All of which means the iPhone 12 range is likely to be one of Apple’s most polarizing iPhone releases to date. My tip: the cheapest model looks the best. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

13 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Nowadays line with phone not worth Liao 
have to take Sim only line then buy new phone 

So it is the new normal for people to buy new phone without any plan? And take SIM only plan?

2 minutes ago, CoffeeBreak said:

Handphone getting more and more expensive. But my salary is not increasing. Cannot afford buy new iphone 12... 

I think only iphone is getting more ex.

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So it is the new normal for people to buy new phone without any plan? And take SIM only plan?

I guess so

you have to calculate to see whether worth or not lor

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
33 minutes ago, CoffeeBreak said:

Handphone getting more and more expensive. But my salary is not increasing. Cannot afford buy new iphone 12... 

real facts sia.

Previously I was using iphone 6s for 3 1/2 year. then I change to iphone Xr.

I hope Iphone Xr can use me for 4 years this time. :grin:

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

real facts sia.

My iPhone 6 still working but batt spoil already. Just need to change batt can use already ($60 Apple price) 

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

real facts sia.

Nowadays, phone tech has saturated. Unless 5g n 6g provide new headway. Theres not a lot of reason to buy new phones.

Infact, phone are starting to be like tvs. 

You dont change tv every 3 years.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 4

45 minutes ago, CoffeeBreak said:

not hp getting more expensive.

its ppl keep chasing the lastest model. 

i never buy the latest model for any brand even once, take 1 model older, u get it almost foc with plan

• Praise 2

No point in changing new phones since you will not use most of the new features already.

5G will be a critical point, but unless Singapore already has full island 5G coverage it is still premature to buy a 5G phone.

Other than that, I think a 3 year old phone can perform all of the necessary functions that we use today. Waze, ibanking, Grab, food panda, etc etc.

Even nowadays taking nice photos will depends on Apps more than a good camera.

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

Nowadays line with phone not worth Liao 
have to take Sim only line then buy new phone 

This phone is for 5G network. The telcos will roll out with their plan. 

If you were to buy phone and take the any 4G plan you got to be careful. Cos previously when they roll out 4G my wife took the any 3G plan that has more data but end up with a lot more frustration than expected as the 3G network became so laggy and slow. So you can expect history to repeat itself. The telcos will play the same game to get you hooked on 5G by slowing the 4G. Or else they eat what?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Smartphones are becoming a commodity now. I find no reason to buy the so called flagships when one is only using the phone for basic functions. Alot of people are duped to buy flagships because of the cameras which I find is also something you will not use everyday unless you are very into social media.

Alot of mid tiers are lighter to run with better battery life. Google is also ending the flagship race by dropping the 800series chipset. For me, quick charging is very important as I do not need to charge overnight now. Just charge in the morning for 30, 40mins while having breakfast and my phone is good enough to last for the day.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4