5 dead in Tanjong Pagar speeding accident

Karoon

so they were killed in the impact during that 15 seconds before fire erupt

or they killed by the fire screaming ?

hitting a wall at 100 km/h without sit belts are more than 900G deceleration force.

with sit belts still around 200G.

f15 fighter pilots only have max 9G force or they faint.

Edited by Ho2786
↡ Advertisement

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

When that Golf switch lane, was it done recklessly or dangerously?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/coroner-records-accidental-death-in-ecp-fatal-accident-on-may-1

maybe many here may still remember this accident or even forgotten again a man and his GF lives gone in a jiffy in a VW near Laguna Park - 6 years back , two seated in front died, rest 4 behind survived......... Im sure they have a story to tell too... how did they even squeeeeeeeze 4 at the back??

Even ECP sometimes early in the AM about 4-5 am when I'm going biking/jogging over the overhead bridge at Marine Parade can see this hell drivers at break neck speeds    

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Ho2786 said:

so they were killed in the impact during that 15 seconds before fire erupt

or they killed by the fire screaming ?

hitting a wall at 100 km/h without sit belts are more than 900G deceleration force.

with sit belts still around 200G.

f15 fighter pilots only have max 9G force or they faint.

CSI taught me that if there is a lot of soot in their lungs then maybe alive before being burnt. But then with all the deceased being so bad burnt, not sure if they can even know. 

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

This VW Golf didn't catch fire but the BMW at Tg Pagar did.

It's good to know what caused the fire in the BMW so we don't let history repeat itself.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/coroner-records-accidental-death-in-ecp-fatal-accident-on-may-1

Yes mate, but history always repeats itself in different modalities with the same 4 wheelers, even be it EV tomorrow ........ people forget so easily just like the previous financial crises ... there are people still "itching" for the few seconds of fame , going awrily wrong  

14 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Any clue where to top up a extinguisher n the costs?

I hope to know too. Anyone here in the industry?

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Can try this one. It should be term "servicing". Don't go asking them to top up gas lah . ..car aircon? Hahaha 

They do serve walk in customer. If too pricy do consider purchase a new set.

Bear in mind fire extinguisher is not "one size fit all "type. Different extinguisher cater to different scenarios.

The least one can do is to put one fire blanket.

https://firesafetysg.com/blogs/resources/fire-extinguisher-maintenance

https://www.asiaticfire.com.sg/contact-us.html

My company is using another supplier that don't do walk in customer. Shall not reveal here. 

6 hours ago, BanCoe said:

maybe many here may still remember this accident or even forgotten again a man and his GF lives gone in a jiffy in a VW near Laguna Park - 6 years back , two seated in front died, rest 4 behind survived......... Im sure they have a story to tell too... how did they even squeeeeeeeze 4 at the back??

Even ECP sometimes early in the AM about 4-5 am when I'm going biking/jogging over the overhead bridge at Marine Parade can see this hell drivers at break neck speeds    

"The father of the deceased, Mr Ho Sum Kwong, told State Coroner Marvin Bay that his son was usually very responsible and was well liked by all his staff.

He said whenever Jamie had consumed some alcohol, he would not drive but would call for a valet."

All the accident drivers are always described as saints... oh maybe they really are....

• Haha! 1

Last night, I drove past the accident site, and no way I would be able to manage 200km/h along that stretch.

Jonathan Long is a natural talent - Lewis Hamilton Junior.

He could have represented S'pore in the Grand Prix.

3 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Last night, I drove past the accident site, and no way I would be able to manage 200km/h along that stretch.

GP needs so many years of training ...... not just overnight “ makan angin” thrills ..... even most action scene  movies use a stuntman, usually always, but with today’s tech n CGI anything is possible 

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Few days back while driving on a road, and find it very irritating as i drive through the speed strips.. the bumpyness on every speed strips that I drove pass get more and more intense as the strips get closer to each other.

So my thinking is that perhaps paint some speed strips along some critical bend might help discourage drivers from racing or what. Imagine driving 140km/h though speed strips. Don't think normal people would want to drive through speed strips that fast.

Edited by Yewheng

The thing about speed strips is that the faster you drive through them, the less impact. 

You will feel it more if you drive over at a slow speed.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Just bring to DIY shop like Selfix or similar. About $16 depending on size

• Shocked 1

On 2/18/2021 at 4:40 PM, Kopites said:

Another perspective.

Insurance claim aspect? 

Bearing in mind victims all from insurance industry. I am sure many more of their friends are also from the same industry. Sending friends to catch a cab relative to doing time trial on public roads. The former surely easier to claim insurance I reckon .

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4133550153344023&id=701306079901798

You are so spot on.. lucky there are witnesses saying they hear loud engine reving and the car speed pass their house 3 rounds, then there are also video footage showing the car high speed and lose control and crash. So all these evidence is more then enough then the crappy an unknown friend telling the story of what happened that contradict on what evidence show.

8 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Was it verified that the car was going at 200km/h?  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1